FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[JB] CM10 Android 4.1.2 for the Defy(+)

1,322 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,852
 
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2012, 12:37 PM |#11271  
mrcurly's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
It's definitely not the sync that'd the problem for battery drain, as I only sync manually

Sent from my Defy+ CM10 by quarx
23rd October 2012, 01:38 PM |#11272  
_ossie_'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurly

It's definitely not the sync that'd the problem for battery drain, as I only sync manually

Sent from my Defy+ CM10 by quarx

I turned 3G off today (but still ran Wi-Fi) - it gave me about 30% longer battery life but still not great.
This is an issue - shouldn't 3G automatically disable itself when Wi-Fi is active and connected?
I am connected to WiFi pretty much all day.

Running 18/10 fix on a green lens MB525 with VSEL 300/17, 600/32, 800/42, 1000/52 Interactive governor.
I need to sync continuously - I rely on prompt receipt of e-mail from an Exchange account.
23rd October 2012, 02:12 PM |#11273  
mrcurly's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ossie_

I turned 3G off today (but still ran Wi-Fi) - it gave me about 30% longer battery life but still not great.
This is an issue - shouldn't 3G automatically disable itself when Wi-Fi is active and connected?
I am connected to WiFi pretty much all day.

Running 18/10 fix on a green lens MB525 with VSEL 300/17, 600/32, 800/42, 1000/52 Interactive governor.
I need to sync continuously - I rely on prompt receipt of e-mail from an Exchange account.

Do you play games with those clock values?

Sent from my Defy+ CM10 by quarx
23rd October 2012, 02:18 PM |#11274  
Sleepy!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 395
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppero196

You must use Interactive.

Some CPU enhancements can only run in Interactive governor. So if you switch to any other, it will lag

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I know, Quarx mentions in change log that Interactive should stay default for the battery tweaks to work.
>
I've tried flashing 21.10 four times now.
It's booted up only two times, once on default Quarx CPU settings and once on mine (Performance, 300/20 600/28 900/37 1200/45).
>
Both of these times the phone booted up fast, but the launcher and everything else were very very laggy.
>
After 5 mins of uptime, the phone would reboot, start everything over again and still be laggy.
This time also it would reboot after 5 mins.
This process just keeps going on and on.
>
I tried turning WiFi on and then off, and then sending the phone to deep sleep.
On pressing the deep sleep button, the phone rebooted one time, and other times there was no change to the lag on wake up.
>
I've gone to the extent of reflashing my SBF, and doing a clean flash. But it made no difference.
>
Any suggestions on what I should do? I'll probably wait for the next update, as this is my primary phone, and it needs to be working.
>
>
Another issue I have is that recent CWM backups on my phone have MD5 mismatch when I try to restore. The old backups work fine, with no MD5 mismatch.
So I had to use Titanium Backup to extract data from the nandroid.
Now I've migrated to TWRP, where i can choose not to verify MD5s.
Any suggestions about this problem?
23rd October 2012, 02:28 PM |#11275  
ppero196's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Up north!
Thanks Meter: 1,227
 
Donate to Me
More
TWRP is incompatible with CM10

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
23rd October 2012, 02:56 PM |#11276  
slimshady76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berisso
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
As per Walter79's suggestion, I've been testing the RIL lib from MS2Ginger 4.0 since yesterday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed about the low battery drain I'm getting. In 19 hours the battery charge has dropped from 89 to 21 percent.

Leaving aside the different size and build/compile time of each version, I don't know what other differences are between the one Quarx is using and the one used in MS2Ginger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-48-44.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1424402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-49-05.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1424403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-23-09-49-16.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1424404  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slimshady76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slimshady76 Ad-Free
23rd October 2012, 03:15 PM |#11277  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefa_vr6

Is it so hard to press Vol- when led turns blue (to enter recovery)?
I never used that option from menu. Always thought it would bring me in stock recovery (moto`s)

No - its not hard - but it was very convinient and I always used this option from menu.
23rd October 2012, 03:27 PM |#11278  
Senior Member
Flag Eastbourne
Thanks Meter: 110
 
Donate to Me
More
Battery Full better battery RIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady76

As per Walter79's suggestion, I've been testing the RIL lib from MS2Ginger 4.0 since yesterday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed about the low battery drain I'm getting. In 19 hours the battery charge has dropped from 89 to 21 percent.

Leaving aside the different size and build/compile time of each version, I don't know what other differences are between the one Quarx is using and the one used in MS2Ginger.

@Quarx: is it possible to integrate this directly into your rom? or talk to walter what's the difference to implement this?

thanks for this suggestion and the test @walter & slimshady
23rd October 2012, 03:29 PM |#11279  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krushnam

Thanks. I know, Quarx mentions in change log that Interactive should stay default for the battery tweaks to work.
>
I've tried flashing 21.10 four times now.
It's booted up only two times, once on default Quarx CPU settings and once on mine (Performance, 300/20 600/28 900/37 1200/45).
>
Both of these times the phone booted up fast, but the launcher and everything else were very very laggy.
>
After 5 mins of uptime, the phone would reboot, start everything over again and still be laggy.
This time also it would reboot after 5 mins.
This process just keeps going on and on.
>
I tried turning WiFi on and then off, and then sending the phone to deep sleep.
On pressing the deep sleep button, the phone rebooted one time, and other times there was no change to the lag on wake up.
>
I've gone to the extent of reflashing my SBF, and doing a clean flash. But it made no difference.
>
Any suggestions on what I should do? I'll probably wait for the next update, as this is my primary phone, and it needs to be working.
>
>
Another issue I have is that recent CWM backups on my phone have MD5 mismatch when I try to restore. The old backups work fine, with no MD5 mismatch.
So I had to use Titanium Backup to extract data from the nandroid.
Now I've migrated to TWRP, where i can choose not to verify MD5s.
Any suggestions about this problem?

Your voltages values are too low. Try some higher values to see if that's causing the reboots.

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
23rd October 2012, 03:43 PM |#11280  
Wood Man's Avatar
Moderator Committee / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Flag Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 18,334
 
More
Battery drain issue
About battery drain issue, do you know this little thread ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1938833


I've just applied what theclaytons XDA member has done to fix abnormal battery drain (Disable both location reporting in System settings--> Google-->Maps and Latitude).
I will post later for feedback. You could do the same...
If somenone else has already tested this workaround, it would be kind to tell us....

Wait and see.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
23rd October 2012, 04:09 PM |#11281  
Senior Member
Flag In the forrest
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krushnam

Thanks. I know, Quarx mentions in change log that Interactive should stay default for the battery tweaks to work.
>
I've tried flashing 21.10 four times now.
It's booted up only two times, once on default Quarx CPU settings and once on mine (Performance, 300/20 600/28 900/37 1200/45).
>
Both of these times the phone booted up fast, but the launcher and everything else were very very laggy.
>
After 5 mins of uptime, the phone would reboot, start everything over again and still be laggy.
This time also it would reboot after 5 mins.
This process just keeps going on and on.
>
I tried turning WiFi on and then off, and then sending the phone to deep sleep.
On pressing the deep sleep button, the phone rebooted one time, and other times there was no change to the lag on wake up.
>
I've gone to the extent of reflashing my SBF, and doing a clean flash. But it made no difference.
>
Any suggestions on what I should do? I'll probably wait for the next update, as this is my primary phone, and it needs to be working.
>
>
Another issue I have is that recent CWM backups on my phone have MD5 mismatch when I try to restore. The old backups work fine, with no MD5 mismatch.
So I had to use Titanium Backup to extract data from the nandroid.
Now I've migrated to TWRP, where i can choose not to verify MD5s.
Any suggestions about this problem?

Start with increasing the voltage numbers, and a good rule to follow is vsel/20+2 so if you vsel is set to 1200, then the calculation would be 1200/20+2=62

Myself is running:
Vsel 1: 300 @ 17
Vsel 2: 800 @ 42
Vsel 3: 1100 @ 57
Vsel 4: 1300 @ 67

Did a run on antutu with 3162 as final score and without mobile data my battery went from 100 to 86 after 12 hour. I know my settings is extreme but I don't really care about battery time as I can charge almost everywhere I go like at home, In the car and at work.

I'm not really satisfied with my numbers yet thou so in the weekend I will most likely buy a class 10 sd card to get the transfer rates up a bit.

Another thing I'm trying to find out is if there is any good way in cmx to increase the speed of IO database, anyone that know?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.1, cm10, cyanogen 10 for defy, defy cm10, defy rajnikant, defy+ mb526, eppy+quarkx= motorola rolled, future is here, god, jellybean, nicholas, omsk, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for world emperor, quarx gooood, quarx myth of defy!, quarx our defy deity, quarx rlz, quarx the chosen one, quarx thou...areth...god, quarxorola, singapore, take that motorola, winged doom, zee defy is the best

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes