[Q] Unable to flash new recovery?

Search This thread

JacobCob

Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys, first of all im sorry if its in the wrong section(im a noob).
So, ive recently rooted my phone via the htcdev, everything went well ive flashed cwm and im using cm as my rom but my problem is that i cannot flash a new recovery. I just want to have cwm touch because i want to try out cwm touch recovery. I have tried flashing new recovery and it says its complete and everything went well(via cmd). I've also tried flashing new recovery through rom manager, when im installing cwm touch it says its been complete but doesnt actually do anything, and when im trying to flash cwrp it says installation failed.
What could be the problem?

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
So, ive recently rooted my phone via the htcdev, everything went well ive flashed cwm and im using cm as my rom but my problem is that i cannot flash a new recovery. I just want to have cwm touch because i want to try out cwm touch recovery. I have tried flashing new recovery and it says its complete and everything went well(via cmd). I've also tried flashing new recovery through rom manager, when im installing cwm touch it says its been complete but doesnt actually do anything, and when im trying to flash cwrp it says installation failed.

First are your bootloader Unlocked not Relocked
Second use command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Third try Philz recovery it is really good.
Four When you flash the recovery after this run the command fastboot erase cache after this restart in recovery and you will see your new recovery

JacobCob

Jan 24, 2014
First are your bootloader Unlocked not Relocked
Second use command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Third try Philz recovery it is really good.
Four When you flash the recovery after this run the command fastboot erase cache after this restart in recovery and you will see your new recovery

Thanks for such a quick response, ive tried your method. I even tried flashing it through terminal on my phone. This is the message i get:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-29-17-01-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-17-01-38.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 26

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Thanks for such a quick response, ive tried your method. I even tried flashing it through terminal on my phone. This is the message i get:

Are you kidding the recovery must be on the PC in the folader where is your fastboot not on the SD Card on the phone you can't flash recovery from SD Card and ROm Manager not working on S-ON device!!!!

JacobCob

Jan 24, 2014
Are you kidding the recovery must be on the PC in the folader where is your fastboot not on the SD Card on the phone you can't flash recovery from SD Card and ROm Manager not working on S-ON device!!!!

I did flash it through my pc, it says its complete and that everything is okay but doesnt actually change the recovery.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
I did flash it through my pc, it says its complete and that everything is okay but doesnt actually change the recovery.

after install from the PC run fastboot erase cache and restart the phone to bootloader and go in recovery and be sure your recovery in fastboot folder is not the same you install previous

Reactions: JacobCob

JacobCob

Jan 24, 2014
after install from the PC run fastboot erase cache and restart the phone to bootloader and go in recovery and be sure your recovery in fastboot folder is not the same you install previous

okay ive flashed phillz recovery and it works! thank you its way better than clockworkmod mainly the UI!

rudresh128631

Mar 8, 2011
davangere

try flashing philz recovery 5.15.up. this is the best recovery for hox. you can flash roms easily with this. before flashing make sure that your device should meet all the needs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

try flashing philz recovery 5.15.up. this is the best recovery for hox. you can flash roms easily with this. before flashing make sure that your device should meet all the needs.

Are you read the thread the problem been solved before three post!!!