[TOOL] HTC One S All-In-One Toolkit v4.0 [7-10-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

• Yes

Votes: 1,110 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Hgaara

Apr 13, 2009
I tried installing the Touch recovery, and after that the bootloader says "****TAMPERED****"
"****UNLOCKED****"

And Permaroot isn't working. The phone restarts, and never goes into recovery. In fact, Bootloader doesn't give me the option for Fastboot or recovery, or most of the options I had before. All I have now is Bootloader, REboot, REboot Bootloader and Power Down.

f10a

Sep 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Pardon my ignorance but doing things to my TMO S is driving me nuts compared to my old Sensation. I followed all the instructions on the guides but how do I know for sure whether my phone is rooted or not?

McGiver93

Nov 15, 2009
Villarotta
if i just root my htc one s, will i lose all my data on it?

EDIT: unlocking bootloader bring you a factory reset.

Last edited:

blchff04

Oct 19, 2011
Oklahoma
cant get to recovery

When i try to flash a recovery it says device not found and nothing happens?

Edit: Found the problem. After unlocking the bootloader it wiped everything and turned off usb debugging, that was why it couldn't see my phone :)

But now i have a new problem. i cannot enter the recovery after flashing it?

Edit2: Never mind figured it out

ive flashed the recovery but i cant get to it via hboot or through the tool. any ideas?? i flashed the non-touch recovery and im on Tmo variant. thanks

Reactions: ozzyblack

blchff04

Oct 19, 2011
Oklahoma
EDIT: IT'S OKAY I HAVE SUCCEED WITH R2-MODACO :D

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :D

Hello,

I have some issues to launch recovery.

I have tried to install recovery manually then to root. But I succeed in rooting but not in recovery :/

So I have tried to do it with the Tool but still not working.

I succeed in installing recovery but not to access :/

Here is the video

Thanks for your help!

This is the exact issue that I am having as well. to the t

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

ToterPunkt

Nov 15, 2010
First off... thank you for creating this. I couldn't get it to work manually and your toolkit worked flawlessly!

My question:
I unlocked the bootloader and I have superSU installed but I never flashed a recovery. Is it absolutely necessary to flash recoveries? Or can i just start using cwm and downloading the available roms and flashing those? I've had to revert my first H1S to stock before and that's the only time i actually used the toolkit to flash anything.

Noob status, go easy on me =3

Thank you for this, made things much easier. However, I also could not get Perma-root to work. I didn't write down exactly what the command prompt said (sorry), but basically there was an error of a couple directories not existing and could not write all of the files. I am on Win7pro64, International One S.
The flashable SuperSU zip ended up working for me. Also the Interim CWM is the only recovery which fully booted for me.

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
First off... thank you for creating this. I couldn't get it to work manually and your toolkit worked flawlessly!

My question:
I unlocked the bootloader and I have superSU installed but I never flashed a recovery. Is it absolutely necessary to flash recoveries? Or can i just start using cwm and downloading the available roms and flashing those? I've had to revert my first H1S to stock before and that's the only time i actually used the toolkit to flash anything.

Noob status, go easy on me =3

Yes, you need a recovery. Otherwise you have jumped out of a plane with no parachute.

xtacydima

May 10, 2010
I currently have this phone set up perfectly as I like it, will doing this reset the phone (meaning I lose all my settings and tweaks)?

PoseyBAH

Nov 1, 2010
Halifax
I followed the instructions and watched the video but when I flashed the recovery it will not boot into recovery. Just shows the bar on the top right corner but after it loads it doesnt boot Into recovery on boots into the os.

Help me!

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA

killa cam

Apr 18, 2009
I followed the instructions and watched the video but when I flashed the recovery it will not boot into recovery. Just shows the bar on the top right corner but after it loads it doesnt boot Into recovery on boots into the os.

Help me!

had this problem on my tmo 1s, so as per other recommendations i downloaded the touch recovery from cwm, renamed it to Interim_CWMT_R1.img and overwrote the current file in 1sAIO_tool_kit\data\recoveries, and used his tool to flash the new recovery. it worked like a charm, and i didn't have to spend time relearning those commands :p

THANK YOU OP FOR THE GREAT TOOL! :D

recovery here-> http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

Reactions: antny and avetny

FunkyELF

Sep 30, 2009
I'd like to port to Linux / Mac

Hello,

I'd like to port this to Linux / Mac.

Most of the stuff seems to be windows bat scripts.
These are easily ported to bash / Python.

I'd like to know how their are all tied together through the GUI though.
Would you mind giving me access to your source?

Thanks,
~Eric

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
had this problem on my tmo 1s, so as per other recommendations i downloaded the touch recovery from cwm, renamed it to Interim_CWMT_R1.img and overwrote the current file in 1sAIO_tool_kit\data\recoveries, and used his tool to flash the new recovery. it worked like a charm, and i didn't have to spend time relearning those commands :p

THANK YOU OP FOR THE GREAT TOOL! :D

recovery here-> http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

hahahahah DUDE you genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

and thank you for the great tool !!!!!!!!

WCCobra

May 12, 2012
This worked awesome for me in unlocking the bootloader. For some reason, I couldn't get rooting to work. It seemed to push the files over, but didn't take effect when it was done rebooting. I used the one-click root option and that did the trick.

pmpglenn

Jun 18, 2009
I have this same issue, looks like it was never answered so does this mean no fix for constant reboot of HTC quietly brilliant screen?

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
This program worked to unlock boot loader and it seemed to flash touch recovery but when I select recovery it just boots to the os. And therefore I don't have root neither.

Any advice? Please

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC One S. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • User Provided Recoveries
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0 (S3 Model)
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0 (S4 Model)
    • TWRP 2.5.0.0 (Special Edition 64GB Model)
    Kernels
    • User provided kernels
    - Link to this thread (XDA)
    - Link to PM me if you need a phone unlocked (XDA)
    - Link to the One S Development thread (XDA)
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Boot into Bootloader
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

2j4vyp1.png

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Mods of the forum!
    - Devs for making us ROMS!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 4-17-2012
    - Initial Release

v1.1 Released! 6-11-2012
    - Removed all old CWM/Stock Recoveries
    - Removed all the kernels (Users flash things they have no clue about and soft brick their phones)
    - Added TWRP 2.1.7
    - Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
    - Removed the debloaters
    - Fixed Root. Now it works.

V1.2 Released 10-7-12
    - Updated TWRP to 2.2.2.0
    - Updated CWM to 5.8.3.1 Touch
    - Updated Chainfire's SuperSU to 0.96
    - Cleaned up a little code on my end

v2.0 Released 11-10-2012
    - Updated TWRP 2.2.0 to 2.3.1.0 for S4 models
    - Added TWRP support for S3 Models!
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.93 to 0.97
    - Added more info to my scripts so it would be easier to understand how to do things
    - Removed a few links

v3.0 Released 12-23-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.99
    - Removed CWM
    - Added TWRP for the Special Edition 64GB model
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0 (S3 and S4)
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v3.1 Released! 1-23-2013
    - Fixed a bug where when you want to get your token ID, it'll boot into recovery rather than bootloader.
    - When you want to relock the bootloader, it'll boot into bootloader and then lock it.
    - Added a link to the factory RUU for Ville,VilleC2,VillePlus.
    - Added Check CID feature
    - Added a way to flash RUU Zip files
    - Automated a few commands. No longer need to use the boot into bootloader then use the command to flash a kernel/recovery/unlock_code.bin
    - Added more clarity

v3.3 Released! 1-30-2013
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.4.0.0
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.99 to 1.02

v3.3.1 Released! 2-1-2013
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.4.1.0
    - Updated SuperSU from 1.02 to 1.04 <--- This should fix the root issues now!

v3.4 Released! 3-2-2013
    - Updated drivers to support Windows 8
    - Updated all TWRP to 2.4.3.0
    - Updated SuperSU to v1.20
    - Removed the kernel section and added the kernel flashing under the Extras section
    - Added new commands: GetVar All, Check CID
    - Added S-Off ONLY commands: Write CID, Return to S-ON
    - Added links: CID list, S-Off thread, SuperCID thread
    - Added a section to S-Off the phone.
    NOTE: I did not add any of the files from the S-Off thread/exploits to my toolkit. I added the official links to download the files but the files are not actually within my toolkit. Therefore, I did not violate what Jcase and beaups said since I did not incorporate the files to my toolkit.

v3.5 Released! 4-9-2013
    - Updated HTC Drivers
    - Updated all TWRP recoveries to 2.5.0.0
    - Added 2 links (1 to follow me on Twitter and 1 to a YouTube video on how to ask for help properly)
    - Added an Erase Cache command

v4.0 Released! 7-10-2013
    - Removed Drivers and replaced it with a link (decreases size by 15mb)
    - Updated all TWRP to 2.6.0.0
    - Added Phil's CWM
    - Fixed the Your Own Recovery Script.
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.41
    - New File Hosting service and added the links to my toolkit files in the program.
    - Added a referral program.
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    Link is now up!!
    v3.4 Released! 3-2-2013
    - Updated drivers to support Windows 8
    - Updated all TWRP to 2.4.3.0
    - Updated SuperSU to v1.20
    - Removed the kernel section and added the kernel flashing under the Extras section
    - Added new commands: GetVar All, Check CID
    - Added S-Off ONLY commands: Write CID, Return to S-ON
    - Added links: CID list, S-Off thread, SuperCID thread
    - Added a section to S-Off the phone.
    NOTE: I did not add any of the files from the S-Off thread/exploits to my toolkit. I added the official links to download the files but the files are not actually within my toolkit. Therefore, I did not violate what Jcase and beaups said since I did not incorporate the files to my toolkit.

Download is in Post 2.