[Feature request] Digital sound (AC3 or DTS) pass though over HDMI

Search This thread

ginkage

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 19, 2005
London
Currently, we always need a custom codec to decode some of the sound formats, whereas for devices like Android TV (Nexus Player, NVidia Shield TV) and the ones with HDMI output it would be much better to output the sound track as it is. Chances are that the receiver is able to decode it anyway, probably even better than MX Player (with a proper multi-channel mapping), and the player wouldn't need to waste the CPU cycles for that.
This feature is currently available in some other players (e.g. Kodi and VLC), even in the open-source, so it should be really easy to implement.

Reactions: renoob

xenonum

Aug 8, 2015
Please add AC3/DTS pass though over HDMI like in KODI ant it's forks. . It's important for tv boxes. Now for ac3/dts I must use KODI player.
1491090141058934496252.jpg

RedKas

Apr 9, 2017
I have the version 1.7.28 ARMv7 NEON of MX Player pro installs on my receiver Pinacle 9600 HD the problem is that the application does not change the audio tracks, and if I install a newer version the codec HW does not work more. And if I do the update system of the receiver it gives me the same version of mx player soft that the sound does not work and if I update mx player I get the same problems precident

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I have the version 1.7.28 ARMv7 NEON of MX Player pro installs on my receiver Pinacle 9600 HD the problem is that the application does not change the audio tracks, and if I install a newer version the codec HW does not work more. And if I do the update system of the receiver it gives me the same version of mx player soft that the sound does not work and if I update mx player I get the same problems precident

Kindly Install the latest version. If the problem of HW persists, Kindly collect a bug report & share here. We will check it.

RedKas

Apr 9, 2017
The Bug after the issue

Hi,
The logs doesn't contain any playback information. logs must be connected immediately after reproducing the issue.
Kindly try to re-collect the logs again immediately after the issue.
Thank you Mr Thirumalai for responding me this is the logs collecting immediately after the issue and screenshot to for issue/

Attachments

• report_2017-04-12_145048.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2017-04-10-12-30-15.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-10-12-30-15.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently, we always need a custom codec to decode some of the sound formats, whereas for devices like Android TV (Nexus Player, NVidia Shield TV) and the ones with HDMI output it would be much better to output the sound track as it is. Chances are that the receiver is able to decode it anyway, probably even better than MX Player (with a proper multi-channel mapping), and the player wouldn't need to waste the CPU cycles for that.
    This feature is currently available in some other players (e.g. Kodi and VLC), even in the open-source, so it should be really easy to implement.
    I support this feature request as well. It can be something for @bleu8888 to look at when he is able.