*** New Device Forum Requests ***

Search This thread

meme101

Jan 12, 2016
REQUEST:
New device forum, for LG G Pad 7" (v410/v400)
PLEASE create a separate forum for our device!

WHY:
We are currently posting/reading in the LG G Pad 8 & 10" Forums, mixed in with devices who have few owners.
Page views are in the hundreds of thousands, but posts often in low hundreds due to confusion where to post.

DEVELOPMENT:
G Pad 7" Tablets have simple root solutions, have both TWRP and CWM Recoveries.
G Pad 7" Tablets continue to be sold in very high numbers by all major USA carriers.
G Pad 7" Tablets now have our own CM Nightly webpage: download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=v410

Respectfully,
{name/nick/whatever}

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Please post all your requests here.

The forum admins choose new device forums carefully, based on several factors. There's no guarantee your device will have a forum created here, but feel free to posts your requests in this thread

Please do not send me a PM asking for a forum to be added.

Members, what part do we NOT understand....see the above. That is what this thread is for....

This thread is not for you to post:
-Requesting your ROM
-Requesting your recovery
-Requesting for ROOT
-Requesting what you want for lunch or dinner

And just because your device has ROOT and ROMs, doesn't mean it will get a Forum. This is not a social thread to come and chat. And those that think, they need to be answered....sure why not, here is your answer. >>>Read the OP. Now for those that keep on posting the same device request over and over, STOP, to which I have addressed that device or individual in the past. But again you can stop posting and posting of the same device....

Thread Cleaned and this is the only warning given.

Last edited:

DaemeonZane

Jul 8, 2012
Paris TX
Someone help us please. This device is great for the price. It has many users. Devs needed bad! We currently have no thread, no working root method, no development at all. I've tried every one click apk and pc version. Ask known towel root mod strings. Seriously need help. Thanks in advance guys.

What device? What's been done? Do you have a custom recovery yet? Custom kernels? Roms?
The admins don't create forums for every single device. Why? Because if there's no development of the device, it doesn't make sense to create a development forum for it.
Getting your own forum for a device does not attract developers. It doesn't magically mean you'll get teh rootz, or that someone will feel mercy for your humble little device and see fit to waste weeks on a device they don't own to please you.
I'm being rude, but you folks have to understand a few of the fundamental reasons XDA exists in the first place. It is XDA Developers, not XDA beg for other people to do what you want.
One of the many things that the admin take into account is what you have for the device. If you have someone working on ROMs that have published one or two, you stand a better chance than, say, a phone that can't even get root. This isn't always the case, so don't whine that you have ten custom roms and three recoveries and still no forum. I'm just telling you what's been told to me by admins, only in a way that seems harsh so you folks will finally understand.

Sent from a potato using Kung-Fu

Wendell S

Sep 30, 2012
We need Zte Zmax 2 Forum .Its a great device. It's price is now 79 dollars. Everybody's getting one at that price great phone great screen big 2 gigs of ram 16 gigs of storage. We deed support for this great phone.

timofonic

eINK section

Suggestion:
1. Create an eINK section in the Android one
Create a subsection for Oxyx Boox ereaders. You can read here a list of their models.

They are based on Android 4.0.4, with ongoing port to 4.4. The hardware is nice, despite the case would be stronger. But the software guys are stupid, many people got able to optimize it with some simple Android tricks and works much better.

This device could deliver a lot more and even become the perfect notebook if putting MyScript on it (it's cloud crap, but it surpasses Google Handwritting: not just text but math, music, forms...)

https://onyx-boox.com
Download section from the European distributor e-reader.de
https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware-android/
Mobileread section for Onyx Boox, but that community is mostly user-oriented. XDA has a lot more strong developer base.
I just discovered a new model: Boox N96. It seems a slightly improved M96Plus.

Here are their chinese firmwares[/url. Tthere's a trick to download from Baidu, you just need to emulate a mobile and not much more, it's in youtube

They even sell [url=https://onyx-boox.com/product-category/e-ink-mobile-phones/]an e-ink mobile phone
too :)

https://github.com/onyx-intl/public-wiki

I can provide more data if needed, including firmwares and specs. I'm a bit busy right now, but preferred to write my request before forgetting it again!

Kind regards.

Last edited:

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Wiko Wax

We are a great community using the wiko wax, it is based on nvidia tegea 4i, it is infact the tinno s8515. The device has already an advanced forum, but since we lost all of the expert developers, me and another dev had to step-up and continue, but we don't know evrything, so we would need some experts advices.
The forum is mostly in french : Wiko and Co , Wax rom developement
Thank you for your consideration in advance.

hkystar35

Dec 10, 2010
Separate forum for Moto Maxx XT 1225 and Droid Turbo, please!

----
Moto Maxx - XT1225
Xposed Stock Android 5.0.2

Edit: Replied to wrong one, sorry.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

The forum admins choose new device forums carefully, based on several factors. There's no guarantee your device will have a forum created here, but feel free to posts your requests in this thread :)

It's frustrating seeing "Droid Turbo 2", opening a thread, and "This is NOT for the Verizon Turbo 2, sorry; Only for the Moto X Force."

I get that the hardware may be the same, but if the bootloader is so different that they're not compatible, you can hardly call them the same anymore, right? Maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please create a thread for the device - Motorola G84 5G in the Motorola section Thank you!
    @mvikrant97 Sorry, I've to apologise. Creation of device fora is completely out of hands of a moderator. I've no insight into the decisions or processes. As you've mentioned you've contacted our forum administrators and please don't forget they are very busy and one is absent due to real life. I can only request your patience.

CC: @MikeChannon
    Redmi Note 13 pro 5g/Poco x6
    Newest Forums Added

There's a forum for development if a device doesn't have a dedicated thread yet:
    Or also one for guides and tutorials:
    So, you might want to consider to encourage the developers you know to post their work there.

Our forum administrator addressed his stance just about 6 weeks ago in this thread:
    I don't understand it either. I mean, with all due respect, development is in progress for the device (I'm involved in it too; I'll launch a new Los build in the next few days). XDA is a great place for discussion and to show such progress (and also to incentivate it). We have other threads opened recently for devices which don't have any development at all (for instance, the X6 Pro, x6 neo, etc).

In any case, I will add posts in the indicated sections about the development I am undertaking if necessary.

Thanks and best

The forum admins choose new device forums carefully, based on several factors. There's no guarantee your device will have a forum created here, but feel free to posts your requests in this thread :)

Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units

There are multiple devices in this category that seem to be served by a couple of monolithic threads that currently try to cover all the topics related to them. The two main categories of device seem to be HuiFei devices serviced by this thread (currently 9118 posts) and the AN-21 U devices by this thread (currently 6484 posts). Both devices ideally would have their own sub-forum as they are quite distinct development wise however a "Android Car Stereo Radio Head Units" forum would be a substantial improvement. Thanks.
    Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Listen........................................

There should be a forum for Galaxy S Duos..since there are a lot of thread discussing further development on this device.

There are many ROMs like :

So please LISTEN..LISTEN...LISTEN...LISTEN.. to us
    A Forum for this device[Galaxy S Duos] is must
    Please Create a forum for S Duos... ASAP..!
    Please consider creating a forum specific for the SD 778 based galaxy a52s 5g. I'm sure samsung will sell a lot of these so a dedicated forum would help to avoid confusion with the regular SD 750 based galaxy A52 5g...
    Hey there, recently All of the LG Optimus L line phones, have had their Locked bootloaders hacked and now have fully functional ROOT, ClockworkMod and soon to begin cooking ROMS, thats why we need a device forums not 300 pages threads (u basicaly cant find the stuff that was posted 1week ago anymore, its a big mess there) in L7/L5 or L3 threads, ( L3 have official Cyanogen Support and soon others will have it too ) So Please Please create device forums for us... You can create them into one single big group, believe me these devices are quite popular

Device list that missing the forums:

LG Optimus L3 E400
    LG Optimus L5 E610
    LG Optimus L7 P700/P705

Device list that already have a forum:
    LG Optimus L9 (ALREADY HAVE A FORUM)