[ROM][US/INTL YP-G1/G70][V2.0] R.E.D.D - Now on the YP-G70!

Who Wants R.E.D.D...

• Total voters
Search This thread

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
So I finally got around to flashing this and I got some weird issues. I flashed it over IcyFusion through CWM and I still got the IF bootup screen, but I also got the changed icons and stuff. So I flashed back to stock, and flashed Klin's Kernel R3 then flashed it again. But I got the stock rom bootup screen with sound, the battery icon was green and the time was white lol. Yeah haha

Last edited:

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Re: [ROM][US YP-G1] R.E.D.D - Revamped Essentials Daily Driver

So I finally got around to flashing this and I got some weird issues. I flashed it over IcyFusion through CWM and I still got the IF bootup screen, but I also got the changed icons and stuff. So I flashed back to stock, and flashed Klin's Kernel R3 then flashed it again. But I got the stock rom bootup screen with sound, the battery icon was green and the time was white lol. Yeah haha

Huh, that's odd. You on a us or intl 4.0?. I only tested the CWM package coming from redd, maybe I should test it coming from another rom.

UPDATE: Don't use the cwm package for now! it has a bug where it only flashes half the rom for some reason.

Sent from my YP-G1 running R.E.D.D

Last edited:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012

I used it on a US player.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011
Okay guys, I got a working zip uploading, seems to work when coming from stock at least. If you don't format /system and wipe the cache partition before flashing it, you won't boot past the kernal and have to flash back to stock via heimdal or odin, so follow the instructions please!

UPDATE: the cwm zip is up!

Last edited:

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

Alright, now that the cwm *should* be working, I need a beta tester for the 5.0 version I'm working on. You'll need heimdal and the know-how to recover from a soft-brick. Basically, I'll send you the link, you download and install it via heimdall, and then tell me what needs to be fixed (if anything). Pm me if interested.

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT
How do I install?
Heimdal method; Download "redd.zip", extract, and flash factoryfs.rfs with heimdall (search around or ask if you need help with heimdal).
I may work on a odin-flashable package, but I like heimdal better anyway.

just an FYI, if you leave change the ".zip" to ".tar", you are able to flash with odin. if you look at icy fusion, that is all there is. the .tar with the factory.rfs in it and that is it.

alright iJimaniac, for the ease of people who dont know how to use heimdall, here is the link to the one you can flash via odin. WARNING: you MUST extract the .tar inside the zip and flash the .tar file. let me know if you run into any problems

Last edited:
Reactions: iJimaniac

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

just an FYI, if you leave change the ".zip" to ".tar", you are able to flash with odin. if you look at icy fusion, that is all there is. the .tar with the factory.rfs in it and that is it.

alright iJimaniac, for the ease of people who dont know how to use heimdall, here is the link to the one you can flash via odin. WARNING: you MUST extract the .tar inside the zip and flash the .tar file. let me know if you run into any problems

Thanks a lot! I always thought that odin required the tar to be md5 signed, but I guess not. I'll put your link in the original post, if you don't mind.

goldflame09

Jul 23, 2012
CT

Thanks a lot! I always thought that odin required the tar to be md5 signed, but I guess not. I'll put your link in the original post, if you don't mind.

You may want to try it though. Didn't think about the whole signing thing.

Sent from my YP-G1 using xda app-developers app

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

Here is a taste of what I am working on. What do you think? ;) uploadfromtaptalk1360551468664.jpg

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

that looks f***ing awesome.

i only have one request though
if possible have status bar show percent battery. lot of people like that.

I suppose I could. I never liked the way it looked, which is why I haven't put it in yet. Maybe I'll make a flashable zip so if someone wants the percent battery.

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

Looks amazing, can't wait! Hope you haven't forgotten about color choices. I can imagine it could be a pain to do that though. Still, keep it up!

Hopefully I can do that by next weekend. I was trying to get a 5.0 version working, but haven't had any luck.

Reactions: zamuz27

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012

It's not really signing, per se, just a checksum appended to the end of the file. For example, on linux, you could run:
Code:
tar --format=ustar cf redd.tar factoryfs.rfs
md5sum factoryfs.rfs >> redd.tar
and Odin would accept it.

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

And... blue is done! uploadfromtaptalk1360627959884.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360627984721.jpg

Reactions: zamuz27

iJimaniac

Oct 19, 2011

Next up; get a 5.0 version working!
Expect a release of a blue version, updated red version, and (hopefully) a 5.0 version ready this weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner4.png

What is it?
    Gingerbread - or is it? Guaranteed to be the most authentic holo experience for gingerbread-running galaxy players. Comes in red or blue - you choose! On top of complete holo bliss, you will also find things essential to custom roms such as; lidroid toggles, market compatibility mod, and much more!

Why should I care?
    Because if you haven't noticed; HOLO ROCKS!
    This is already the most complete holo-themed rom for the galaxy player (excluding cm9/10, duh), but I wont rest until every ugly scrap of touchwiz has been eradicated - long live holo.

What kernel should I use?
    I strongly recommend the stock kernel, but it will work on any gingerbread-based kernel for your device.

Will it work on my device?
    This has been confirmed working on both U.S and International versions of the 4.0 AND 5.0!

How do I install?
    To install with Heimdall: Download the appropriate heimdall zip for your device, extract, and flash factoryfs.rfs with heimdall (search around or ask if you need help with heimdall).

To install with CWM: Download the appropriate CWM zip for your device to /sdcard, boot into recovery, go to "mounts and storage", select "format /system", go back to main menu when that finishes, then select "wipe cache partition". After that, go to "install zip from sdcard", select the zip you downloaded. Flash and reboot. With any luck, you'll be done!

If you want to have ICS blue instead of red as the accent color, flash the appropriate blue_patch.zip for your rom version with cwm after installing the rom, or push the contents of the "system" folder inside the zip to their respective places in the /system partition with a root explorer or adb (for advanced users that know what their doing).

A full data wipe is recommended just to keep things clean and may be necessary depending on what rom you are coming from (coming from stock shouldn't be a problem).

Full Changelog
    - Rooted
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - Busybox
    - Market compatibility mod
    - Removed bootup sound
    - Fully holo themed UI
    - Storage swap mod
    - ICS Ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds
    - Flipped camera bugfix
    - Google Talk with audio/video chat.
    - Other various enhancements

- Jellybean styled notification panel
    - Swipe to remove notifications
    - More UI elements themed
    - Switched vold.fstab back to original layout (if you want it switched, go here)
    - Blue version available
    - Included holo launcher (credits go to Mobint Software)
    - V6 supercharger script included (but not setup, if you don't want it) in /system/bin. Run it with terminal using "su" then "v6", or run it with script manager. (credits go to zepplinrox)

- UI further themed
    - Lidroid status bar toggles mod
    - Updated system apps to latest versions
    - Removed Samsung apps; see 2nd post if you want them
    - ICS keyboard
    - Enabled CRT screen-off animation
    - Enabled overscroll
    - Switched to Supersu for compatibility reasons
    - Much more

Downloads

2.0 YP-G1 CWM flashable zip: Dropbox / Drive
    2.0 YP-G1 Heimdall zip: Dropbox / Drive

2.0 YP-G70 CWM flashable zip: Dropbox / Drive
    2.0 YP-G70 Heimdall zip: Dropbox / Drive

2.0 blue accent patch: Dropbox / Drive

Older versions (4.0 only);
    Heimdal Rom Package:1.0 / 1.1
    CWM Rom Package:1.0 / 1.1
    Blue for v1.1 CWM Zip: Download

Screenshots

screen_20130505_1318.png
    screen_20130507_1144.png

screen_20130505_1027.png
    screen_20130507_1148.png

screen_20130505_1025.png
    screen_20130507_1148_2.png

screen_20130505_1022.png
    screen_20130507_1149.png

screen_20130507_1226.png
    screen_20130507_1156.png

screen_20130505_1030.png
    screen_20130507_1152.png

screen_20130505_1030_2.png
    screen_20130507_1152_2.png

screen_20130506_1036.png
    screen_20130507_1153.png

screen_20130506_1038.png
    screen_20130507_1154.png

Thanks and Disclaimers
    Thanks to: All the Galaxy Player devs (especially klin1344, zaclimon, and hanthesolo), Samsung, Google, XDA and all it's members, for being the greatest site on earth for how-to's and help, goldflame09 for helping out, Dr. Cyanide, joemhewitt, OguzhanVarsak, and others for testing on the 5.0, Medvorel for his wisdom, and any people who I may have borrowed from their work.

Disclaimer; your warranty is now void. I assume no responsibility for harm to you device as a result of flashing this rom.
    Also, please know I am in no way trying to make other dev's roms look inferior. I am merely sharing the setup that works the best for me.
    Known Bugs/Issues
    - Supersu's binary must be updated before apps can gain root acces
    - CWM version converts /system to ext4
    - The 5.0 doesn't have flash for it's camera app FIXED!
    - The 5.0 doesn't have the market compatibility mod or Google Talk video chat mod FIXED!
    - The 5.0 doesn't have roboto fonts FIXED!
    - Some people report their 5.0 reboots when earphones are plugged in, but others say it is fine

Extras
    I will be uploading a package of all the Samsung apps I removed here for anyone who wants them.

Well, that would certainly add to the jb experience! First I'm going to *try* to make a 4.2 version. And just in case some of you didn't know, I got my device all fixed up, and it's happily running jelly bean. If you guys find enough things to add to Redd, I'll probably head back to gingerbread for a few weeks.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hi guys, since it seems not everyone knows, I'm gone on vacation right now. I'll get back to all of your questions when I have time (right now it is 4:30 AM so I should really get some sleep!).

Next release will have swipe to remove notifications. uploadfromtaptalk1360779441779.jpg