Originally Posted by lt thistle
After reading the ENTIRE thread multiple times and seeing where people had problems and understanding why they had them I have this method a go as it was the only option to root my tf201 on the .28fw. I used 7zip as that's what I use anyways, but also because if you read through that's what is recommended art some point. Didn't have any trouble with the unzipping, found all the files needed. As per instructions from reading I made sure to kill Asus sync and ran the bat and was rooted in no time.
I am very grateful that this was made available to the public, but I do believe on of the big things you are wrong about is that there is NO RESPONSIBILITY for him to make sure that it works without a shadow of a doubt for everyone. To be able to trouble shoot every problem that comes up, you would have to be on the forms nearly full time. Even if the same problem has been solved one page back someone will ask about it again because they couldn't take the time to read and understand what's going on.
I know you say your not trying to be rude or ungrateful, but the way I see it is if everyone took the time to read the ENTIRE thread, every one of your "problems" is addressed and how to solve it. [/rant]
Sorry for this lengthy waste of space.
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
I had to sit back for a couple of minutes and calm down, to refrain from saying some things to you that you deserve, but tthat no one would appreciate.
1) Let's get this straight! THE MAN SAID EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE ZIP FILE!!!!! THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!! That alone means that the package has problems! You lose! I win!
2) Others have reported problems with the zip file, so I don't give a damn if it unzipped for YOU! I specifically stated that SOME had problems and thus, it should be handled! Again, you lose! I win! You're wrong!
3) Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone in the damn word has "ASUS Sync" installed on their PC?! Hello?!? McFly?! Why would you make such a ridiculous assumption?! We are not required by law to buy ASUS PC's, because we bought ASUS Tablets!
4) The drivers that work are part of the ASUS Sync package, while the developer of the rooting util said to use the drivers that are already in the zip file he provided, WHICH DO NOT WORK!!! Again, you can't read! However, I can write!
5) The developer DOES NOT SAY to go get the Sync package! He said nothing else is needed!
6) When the people installed the Sync package and the drivers installed, they didn't know to turn off Sync or rooting wouldn't work. The developer STAYED SILENT!!!
7) When the developer was told about these problems, he told people the same things that were wrong! He acted like they just weren't reading the text file! He ignored the fact that his drivers don't work and told them everything they need is there and to go read the text file! He ignored them, just like you!
The above are just a few notes and you should learn to READ CAREFULLY, instead of skimming and assuming that you're superior and everyone else is stupid!
As for the developers responsibility, when you put an app out and claim it works with such and such and YOUR PACKAGE DOESN'T WORK, THEN YES, YOU DO HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY! Do not put itout if you don't want that and do not set up a damn thread that people can post to! Make it a sticky that no one can post to!
It never occurs to people that they are the reason the world is the way it is! People want to do things that won't work as a token to feel good and then act like they have zero responsibility for the results, which include a lot of wasted time and frustration! I would NEVER do that! And I have NEVER put out one single thing that was not tested and did not have step by step, "I assume you know nothing", "See Dick Run" instructions with it! Because I give a damn about how what I create affects anothers day!
Ever go somewhere and the rules are bull and your time is foolishly wasted and they don't give a damn? How do you feel about those people who are not just "enforcing the rules", but actually cannot be bothered to give a damn, which is reflected by their lack of action?
That's how people feel about this, when they're treated like their idiots for not making it work and the problems being ignored and about you, when you say things like you did without even bothering to think it through! Help people, insteadof insulting them, huh?!
Furthermore, I do not appreciate being insulted by you, no matter how veiled you tried to make it! I am not stupid and if you think that AS YOU SAID, people should have to read an entire threa, hundreds of posts, before using an app, then you're the one lacking intelligence, sir!
The developer is not responsible for everyone's tablet to root. However, when it is HIS PACKAGE that has the problem, then the burden is his. He put it out. Do the right thing. Stop ignoring what people are saying and telling them to do what doesn't work!
And one last thing... You talk about "reading the entire thread". Then why didn't you see the messages in which people went thru wat they did, to make up the flaws in his package and keep your finngers off your keyboard when you saw my message?
And before you run your mouth again because again you're not paying attention, note that he said to use the drivers in his zip file. They do not work, as you confirmed yet also say his uti works by just doing as it says. Where does his text file say to go and get Sync? It says we MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST use the drivers supplied in his package! Again, THEY DO NOT WORK!!!
Sorry Moderator. I won't be so blunt again. I justcan't stand people who ignore simple facts and act like they know it all and try to make people feel like they're idiots, when in fact, the criticizers are performing steps that aren't listed and instead of helping us with information ike this, they choose to try to make us feel stupid instead.
---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------
Originally Posted by sparkym3
I have updated the util to include a "kill" for asus sync, since it was causing some issues. As well as adding an auto detection feature to determine the location of the system mount so the util will work for an array of other devices. Thanks to rightonred for that suggestion.
With this update I have also removed the drivers from the zip file as it is causing issues with me being able to attach the zip to xda. Anybody who needs the drivers can download them from asus or from another xda post.
Please, update the text file and let folks know that the drivers have to come from Sync. No offense, but they don't know that already. Assumptions of knowledge lead to problems! <lol>