FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[ROOT][TOOL]Debugfs automated root [09/18/2012]

432 posts
Thanks Meter: 807
 
By sparkym3, Senior Member on 12th June 2012, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2012, 07:53 AM |#471  
sparkym3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil_Trinidad

Hi guys. I would like to do this, but I can't even get past installing the damn driver on my pc! I'm on win7 ultimate 64bit. I unzipped the v1.9 file to my desktop using 1-click in winzip 16 and it sorted everything into respective folders. From Dev mgr I can see Asus Android Composite ADB interface...when I go to update driver and browse to the folder where there's the "android_winusb.inf" file, it tells me Windows cannot find the driver!!! What the hell gives??!!! Any advice?
Thanks.

If it already shows as Asus Android Composite ADB interface then it is already ready to go. Have you tried running the bat file to see if to connects properly. Or if you have some knowledge of computers, (with the device plugged in) open a command prompt window in the folder that contains all the unzipped files (specifically adb), run the command "adb devices" and see if your device shows as being connected. If it does then you are good to go.
 
 
5th August 2012, 09:43 AM |#472  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Root of the TF101
So, spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't root my TF101 and why the ADB kept restarting...ASUS Sync. Just stumbled upon the statement on accident that it needs to be off...duh! So far everything has been great. Tested with AdBlock and it failed the first attempt. However, I had Superuser installed already, so assuming that is the cause. Uninstalled it, tried once more, and didn't seem to get the normal stuff that seems to be discussed. Decided to try the "0" for UID/GID...even though I didn't see anything on that. It said it installed superuser, device did its reboot and tested with Titanium Backup this time. It succeeded wonderfully!

Thank you!
5th August 2012, 08:22 PM |#473  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Does this work on the latest update on a locked prime? Thanks.
5th August 2012, 09:07 PM |#474  
lt thistle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moothead2

Does this work on the latest update on a locked prime? Thanks.

Yes

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
6th August 2012, 02:14 AM |#475  
GiantWaffle's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

This tool will root your device based on the debugfs root method developed by miloj.

Just download and unzip everything; then run RootDebugfs.bat (if you need the device drivers, they are included).

Helpful tip:
If you get a "Segmentation Fault" error after "Testing Superuser...", go ahead and say yes to the message so that it will continue to install the superuser.apk and it should still root the device. If you already said no to the question and you are reading this after the fact, you can also just go download superuser from the market and all should be good.

It should look familiar since I took PrimeTime and gutted it, only keeping the menu options. Thanks to viperboy for that.

Original post is in the TF300 thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1704209

UPDATE 6/12/2012:
v1.1 - Added donation link for miloj
v1.2 - Fixed bug that caused it to stop while doing "debugfs", to cancel press Ctrl+c
v1.3 - Fixed bug where the id is not returned from the su test
v1.4 - Fixed bug introduced with v1.3
v1.5 - Fixed bug where you don't have to push the apk before calling install

6/13/2012
v1.6 - Fixed messaging (this is a cosmetic change)
v1.7 - Added a remove call on su prior to rooting for those who had root previously and it not longer works
v1.8 - Change the octal permissions to be 6755 instead of 4755

7/2/2012
v1.9 - Update superuser app and binary to the latest version available
XDA uploads are not working currently so I have uploaded the new version to here for now
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...5E3CE960E5!221


I have added a version that has modifications made that reportedly works with the PadFone. (ONLY USE THE ONE LABELED PADFONE WITH THAT DEVICE AS IT WILL NOT WORK WITH OTHER DEVICES)

Here is a version I put together for the Gallexy SII
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...87&postcount=3

Please understand, I don't mean to be rude, nor offensive here. Just direct, so please take it that way, okay?

Here's the thing... There are a lot of problems with this utility! I think the idea is genius! But the problems that are occuring are just being blown off and that's not cool dude.

The following list consists of things happening to more people than just me. I have seen the posts. There are other items I'm not remembering right now, I'm sure. Each of these things happens to some and not others, or all, etc., etc., so please folks, don't respond by telling me I'm wrong. Go read the posts first and I have experienced them and have been a tech for 30 years. I can, for examle, unzip a file by now!

1) The Zip is corrupt. It hoses when unzippig. Downloaded it multiple times. Had to piece it together.

2) Your drivers DO NOT WORK!!! Win7 does NOT recognize them as even existing in the folder! The user has to go to ASUS' web site and download and install ASUS Sync to get the right drivers. If they forget to turn it off, or uninstall the Sync app. Your util will fail!

3) Your util will report the two numbers (gid/uid) as zero at the end and the device still won't be rooted.

4) After using your util, some users have had to run SuperUser first, some have had to uninstall it and reinstall it, etc., before rooting would happen.

5) For some reason, after rooting using your util (at least for me), the setting in SuperUser that allows automatic response will not work for auto approve. It denies. It has to be set for prompt. I have had SU installed for a long time on another tab. Unless SU just doesn't like ASUS Tabs, it's not an SU program bug.

6) A new Firmware came out and not one peep from you as to whether or not that would cause a problem, leaving many to wonder if that's why theirs wouldn't root (assuming they had the new firmware installed before trying to root using your util).

7) Where is the manual??? Your comments when "answering questions", which seems to be rare, treat people as if they already know what to do and you keep referring people to your supposed "instructions", as if they are doing something wrong for asking about it, while you ignore the fact that they are following them and THEY DO NOT WORK!!! You know, LIKE THE DRIVER ISSUE.

Seriously, dude! You really need to get on this issue and fix it!

Bear in mind, I'm not trying to seem ungrateful here. But folks will find it hard to be grateful for what doesn't work for them, especially when they ask and they're told to follow a plan that doesn't work, which is what made them ask in the first place and you need to understand that, please!

If there is a language barrier, I would be more than happy to write up a document for you. No problem, my friend! Glad to help in any way that I can! But it didn't work for me for almost a week and then I had to jump thru the hoops of XDA (no offense), before I could even post to tell you this.

Again, no offense. I sincerely apologize for the harshness. But the message just isn't getting thru and so it seemed that someone had to (metaphorically) give you a hard smack and wake you up. Hahaha! <lol>

Anyway, like I said, I''d be glad to help with the writing part, but please get on this, so everyone can root! Like I said, your idea is pure genious! It is the easiest rooting app that exists! But only if it works for everyone, right? You have to remember, we all know you didn't have to do this and we all do greatly appreciate it! But once you do and put it out there, then people are counting on you and there is a responsibility there, free or not. I think people would pay you if it worked though. Look at it this way... If it were a paid app, how many would be asking for refunds? lots! Now what does that tell you?

I sincerely hope this helped the thread!!! As I said, sometimes a wakeup call is necessary, when nothing's getting done, even after many posts and you do seem to be active here.

And your util seems to be the only one out there, so we're stuck waiting for you. See how that can be frustrating, if your trying to root, posting about the issues and the response is the user being told to follow what doesn't work?

Thank you for your time.
6th August 2012, 05:22 AM |#476  
lt thistle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantWaffle

Please understand, I don't mean to be rude, nor offensive here. Just direct, so please take it that way, okay?

Here's the thing... There are a lot of problems with this utility! I think the idea is genius! But the problems that are occuring are just being blown off and that's not cool dude.

The following list consists of things happening to more people than just me. I have seen the posts. There are other items I'm not remembering right now, I'm sure. Each of these things happens to some and not others, or all, etc., etc., so please folks, don't respond by telling me I'm wrong. Go read the posts first and I have experienced them and have been a tech for 30 years. I can, for examle, unzip a file by now!

1) The Zip is corrupt. It hoses when unzippig. Downloaded it multiple times. Had to piece it together.

2) Your drivers DO NOT WORK!!! Win7 does NOT recognize them as even existing in the folder! The user has to go to ASUS' web site and download and install ASUS Sync to get the right drivers. If they forget to turn it off, or uninstall the Sync app. Your util will fail!

3) Your util will report the two numbers (gid/uid) as zero at the end and the device still won't be rooted.

4) After using your util, some users have had to run SuperUser first, some have had to uninstall it and reinstall it, etc., before rooting would happen.

5) For some reason, after rooting using your util (at least for me), the setting in SuperUser that allows automatic response will not work for auto approve. It denies. It has to be set for prompt. I have had SU installed for a long time on another tab. Unless SU just doesn't like ASUS Tabs, it's not an SU program bug.

6) A new Firmware came out and not one peep from you as to whether or not that would cause a problem, leaving many to wonder if that's why theirs wouldn't root (assuming they had the new firmware installed before trying to root using your util).

7) Where is the manual??? Your comments when "answering questions", which seems to be rare, treat people as if they already know what to do and you keep referring people to your supposed "instructions", as if they are doing something wrong for asking about it, while you ignore the fact that they are following them and THEY DO NOT WORK!!! You know, LIKE THE DRIVER ISSUE.

Seriously, dude! You really need to get on this issue and fix it!

Bear in mind, I'm not trying to seem ungrateful here. But folks will find it hard to be grateful for what doesn't work for them, especially when they ask and they're told to follow a plan that doesn't work, which is what made them ask in the first place and you need to understand that, please!

If there is a language barrier, I would be more than happy to write up a document for you. No problem, my friend! Glad to help in any way that I can! But it didn't work for me for almost a week and then I had to jump thru the hoops of XDA (no offense), before I could even post to tell you this.

Again, no offense. I sincerely apologize for the harshness. But the message just isn't getting thru and so it seemed that someone had to (metaphorically) give you a hard smack and wake you up. Hahaha! <lol>

Anyway, like I said, I''d be glad to help with the writing part, but please get on this, so everyone can root! Like I said, your idea is pure genious! It is the easiest rooting app that exists! But only if it works for everyone, right? You have to remember, we all know you didn't have to do this and we all do greatly appreciate it! But once you do and put it out there, then people are counting on you and there is a responsibility there, free or not. I think people would pay you if it worked though. Look at it this way... If it were a paid app, how many would be asking for refunds? lots! Now what does that tell you?

I sincerely hope this helped the thread!!! As I said, sometimes a wakeup call is necessary, when nothing's getting done, even after many posts and you do seem to be active here.

And your util seems to be the only one out there, so we're stuck waiting for you. See how that can be frustrating, if your trying to root, posting about the issues and the response is the user being told to follow what doesn't work?

Thank you for your time.

After reading the ENTIRE thread multiple times and seeing where people had problems and understanding why they had them I have this method a go as it was the only option to root my tf201 on the .28fw. I used 7zip as that's what I use anyways, but also because if you read through that's what is recommended art some point. Didn't have any trouble with the unzipping, found all the files needed. As per instructions from reading I made sure to kill Asus sync and ran the bat and was rooted in no time.

I am very grateful that this was made available to the public, but I do believe on of the big things you are wrong about is that there is NO RESPONSIBILITY for him to make sure that it works without a shadow of a doubt for everyone. To be able to trouble shoot every problem that comes up, you would have to be on the forms nearly full time. Even if the same problem has been solved one page back someone will ask about it again because they couldn't take the time to read and understand what's going on.

I know you say your not trying to be rude or ungrateful, but the way I see it is if everyone took the time to read the ENTIRE thread, every one of your "problems" is addressed and how to solve it. [/rant]
Sorry for this lengthy waste of space.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
6th August 2012, 06:15 AM |#477  
sparkym3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 807
 
Donate to Me
More
I have updated the util to include a "kill" for asus sync, since it was causing some issues. As well as adding an auto detection feature to determine the location of the system mount so the util will work for an array of other devices. Thanks to rightonred for that suggestion.

With this update I have also removed the drivers from the zip file as it is causing issues with me being able to attach the zip to xda. Anybody who needs the drivers can download them from asus or from another xda post.
6th August 2012, 06:41 AM |#478  
GiantWaffle's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt thistle

After reading the ENTIRE thread multiple times and seeing where people had problems and understanding why they had them I have this method a go as it was the only option to root my tf201 on the .28fw. I used 7zip as that's what I use anyways, but also because if you read through that's what is recommended art some point. Didn't have any trouble with the unzipping, found all the files needed. As per instructions from reading I made sure to kill Asus sync and ran the bat and was rooted in no time.

I am very grateful that this was made available to the public, but I do believe on of the big things you are wrong about is that there is NO RESPONSIBILITY for him to make sure that it works without a shadow of a doubt for everyone. To be able to trouble shoot every problem that comes up, you would have to be on the forms nearly full time. Even if the same problem has been solved one page back someone will ask about it again because they couldn't take the time to read and understand what's going on.

I know you say your not trying to be rude or ungrateful, but the way I see it is if everyone took the time to read the ENTIRE thread, every one of your "problems" is addressed and how to solve it. [/rant]
Sorry for this lengthy waste of space.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

I had to sit back for a couple of minutes and calm down, to refrain from saying some things to you that you deserve, but tthat no one would appreciate.

1) Let's get this straight! THE MAN SAID EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE ZIP FILE!!!!! THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!! That alone means that the package has problems! You lose! I win!

2) Others have reported problems with the zip file, so I don't give a damn if it unzipped for YOU! I specifically stated that SOME had problems and thus, it should be handled! Again, you lose! I win! You're wrong!

3) Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone in the damn word has "ASUS Sync" installed on their PC?! Hello?!? McFly?! Why would you make such a ridiculous assumption?! We are not required by law to buy ASUS PC's, because we bought ASUS Tablets!

4) The drivers that work are part of the ASUS Sync package, while the developer of the rooting util said to use the drivers that are already in the zip file he provided, WHICH DO NOT WORK!!! Again, you can't read! However, I can write!

5) The developer DOES NOT SAY to go get the Sync package! He said nothing else is needed!

6) When the people installed the Sync package and the drivers installed, they didn't know to turn off Sync or rooting wouldn't work. The developer STAYED SILENT!!!

7) When the developer was told about these problems, he told people the same things that were wrong! He acted like they just weren't reading the text file! He ignored the fact that his drivers don't work and told them everything they need is there and to go read the text file! He ignored them, just like you!

The above are just a few notes and you should learn to READ CAREFULLY, instead of skimming and assuming that you're superior and everyone else is stupid!

As for the developers responsibility, when you put an app out and claim it works with such and such and YOUR PACKAGE DOESN'T WORK, THEN YES, YOU DO HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY! Do not put itout if you don't want that and do not set up a damn thread that people can post to! Make it a sticky that no one can post to!

It never occurs to people that they are the reason the world is the way it is! People want to do things that won't work as a token to feel good and then act like they have zero responsibility for the results, which include a lot of wasted time and frustration! I would NEVER do that! And I have NEVER put out one single thing that was not tested and did not have step by step, "I assume you know nothing", "See Dick Run" instructions with it! Because I give a damn about how what I create affects anothers day!

Ever go somewhere and the rules are bull and your time is foolishly wasted and they don't give a damn? How do you feel about those people who are not just "enforcing the rules", but actually cannot be bothered to give a damn, which is reflected by their lack of action?

That's how people feel about this, when they're treated like their idiots for not making it work and the problems being ignored and about you, when you say things like you did without even bothering to think it through! Help people, insteadof insulting them, huh?!

Furthermore, I do not appreciate being insulted by you, no matter how veiled you tried to make it! I am not stupid and if you think that AS YOU SAID, people should have to read an entire threa, hundreds of posts, before using an app, then you're the one lacking intelligence, sir!

The developer is not responsible for everyone's tablet to root. However, when it is HIS PACKAGE that has the problem, then the burden is his. He put it out. Do the right thing. Stop ignoring what people are saying and telling them to do what doesn't work!

And one last thing... You talk about "reading the entire thread". Then why didn't you see the messages in which people went thru wat they did, to make up the flaws in his package and keep your finngers off your keyboard when you saw my message?

And before you run your mouth again because again you're not paying attention, note that he said to use the drivers in his zip file. They do not work, as you confirmed yet also say his uti works by just doing as it says. Where does his text file say to go and get Sync? It says we MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST use the drivers supplied in his package! Again, THEY DO NOT WORK!!!

You lose!

Sorry Moderator. I won't be so blunt again. I justcan't stand people who ignore simple facts and act like they know it all and try to make people feel like they're idiots, when in fact, the criticizers are performing steps that aren't listed and instead of helping us with information ike this, they choose to try to make us feel stupid instead.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

I have updated the util to include a "kill" for asus sync, since it was causing some issues. As well as adding an auto detection feature to determine the location of the system mount so the util will work for an array of other devices. Thanks to rightonred for that suggestion.

With this update I have also removed the drivers from the zip file as it is causing issues with me being able to attach the zip to xda. Anybody who needs the drivers can download them from asus or from another xda post.

Thanks dude!

Please, update the text file and let folks know that the drivers have to come from Sync. No offense, but they don't know that already. Assumptions of knowledge lead to problems! <lol>
6th August 2012, 06:50 AM |#479  
sparkym3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantWaffle

I had to sit back for a couple of minutes and calm down, to refrain from saying some things to you that you deserve, but tthat no one would appreciate.

1) Let's get this straight! THE MAN SAID EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE ZIP FILE!!!!! THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!!! That alone means that the package has problems! You lose! I win!

2) Others have reported problems with the zip file, so I don't give a damn if it unzipped for YOU! I specifically stated that SOME had problems and thus, it should be handled! Again, you lose! I win! You're wrong!

3) Has it ever occurred to you that not everyone in the damn word has "ASUS Sync" installed on their PC?! Hello?!? McFly?! Why would you make such a ridiculous assumption?! We are not required by law to buy ASUS PC's, because we bought ASUS Tablets!

4) The drivers that work are part of the ASUS Sync package, while the developer of the rooting util said to use the drivers that are already in the zip file he provided, WHICH DO NOT WORK!!! Again, you can't read! However, I can write!

5) The developer DOES NOT SAY to go get the Sync package! He said nothing else is needed!

6) When the people installed the Sync package and the drivers installed, they didn't know to turn off Sync or rooting wouldn't work. The developer STAYED SILENT!!!

7) When the developer was told about these problems, he told people the same things that were wrong! He acted like they just weren't reading the text file! He ignored the fact that his drivers don't work and told them everything they need is there and to go read the text file! He ignored them, just like you!

The above are just a few notes and you should learn to READ CAREFULLY, instead of skimming and assuming that you're superior and everyone else is stupid!

As for the developers responsibility, when you put an app out and claim it works with such and such and YOUR PACKAGE DOESN'T WORK, THEN YES, YOU DO HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY! Do not put itout if you don't want that and do not set up a damn thread that people can post to! Make it a sticky that no one can post to!

It never occurs to people that they are the reason the world is the way it is! People want to do things that won't work as a token to feel good and then act like they have zero responsibility for the results, which include a lot of wasted time and frustration! I would NEVER do that! And I have NEVER put out one single thing that was not tested and did not have step by step, "I assume you know nothing", "See Dick Run" instructions with it! Because I give a damn about how what I create affects anothers day!

Ever go somewhere and the rules are bull and your time is foolishly wasted and they don't give a damn? How do you feel about those people who are not just "enforcing the rules", but actually cannot be bothered to give a damn, which is reflected by their lack of action?

That's how people feel about this, when they're treated like their idiots for not making it work and the problems being ignored and about you, when you say things like you did without even bothering to think it through! Help people, insteadof insulting them, huh?!

Furthermore, I do not appreciate being insulted by you, no matter how veiled you tried to make it! I am not stupid and if you think that AS YOU SAID, people should have to read an entire threa, hundreds of posts, before using an app, then you're the one lacking intelligence, sir!

The developer is not responsible for everyone's tablet to root. However, when it is HIS PACKAGE that has the problem, then the burden is his. He put it out. Do the right thing. Stop ignoring what people are saying and telling them to do what doesn't work!

And one last thing... You talk about "reading the entire thread". Then why didn't you see the messages in which people went thru wat they did, to make up the flaws in his package and keep your finngers off your keyboard when you saw my message?

And before you run your mouth again because again you're not paying attention, note that he said to use the drivers in his zip file. They do not work, as you confirmed yet also say his uti works by just doing as it says. Where does his text file say to go and get Sync? It says we MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST use the drivers supplied in his package! Again, THEY DO NOT WORK!!!

You lose!

Sorry Moderator. I won't be so blunt again. I justcan't stand people who ignore simple facts and act like they know it all and try to make people feel like they're idiots, when in fact, the criticizers are performing steps that aren't listed and instead of helping us with information ike this, they choose to try to make us feel stupid instead.


We don't need this kind of negative attitude in the forum. If there were any issues then you could have contacted me directly, as I have addressed all users who have contacted me with issues. Though, I do not have a responsibility to offer any support at all and do it out of my enjoyment of working on this stuff and help people.

These forums are not some kind of pissing contest and you saying "I win" is not a very mature attitude. The fact that you had issues does not mean the majority of people did. The drivers included are the drivers from Asus, so if they don't work for you, then I don't think that is Asus' issue (nor anyone in the forum, if they want to offer you support then you should be grateful). Due to the fact that these drivers are Asus drivers, no, you do not need to install sync (I don't even have it installed).

If you have so many issues with the tool, go learn for yourself and figure it out yourself. Nobody is forcing you to use this tool.


EDIT: after reading your other post I have a couple other comments. If you get a guid and suid of 0, this is the system telling you that you have root access and not the tool, so yes, at that point you do have root. Second, I can download these zips once and it works correctly, so they are not corrupt and it is most likely an issue with your download or computer. Also, within the util I direct those who do not know about drivers to a thread specific to that as it provides much more detail than I can provide in a short post. Next, If you have problems with the superuser app, that also has nothing to do with the tool and would be an issue with the superuser app. Finally, if you look at the second post it tells you what ROM versions are supported, this is the whole point of that second post, so don't say I do not keep people up to date on what is supported.
6th August 2012, 07:28 AM |#480  
GiantWaffle's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

We don't need this kind of negative attitude in the forum. If there were any issues then you could have contacted me directly, as I have addressed all users who have contacted me with issues. Though, I do not have a responsibility to offer any support at all and do it out of my enjoyment of working on this stuff and help people.

These forums are not some kind of pissing contest and you saying "I win" is not a very mature attitude. The fact that you had issues does not mean the majority of people did. The drivers included are the drivers from Asus, so if they don't work for you, then I don't think that is Asus' issue (nor anyone in the forum, if they want to offer you support then you should be grateful). Due to the fact that these drivers are Asus drivers, no, you do not need to install sync (I don't even have it installed).

If you have so many issues with the tool, go learn for yourself and figure it out yourself. Nobody is forcing you to use this tool.


EDIT: after reading your other post I have a couple other comments. If you get a guid and suid of 0, this is the system telling you that you have root access and not the tool, so yes, at that point you do have root. Second, I can download these zips once and it works correctly, so they are not corrupt and it is most likely an issue with your download or computer. Also, within the util I direct those who do not know about drivers to a thread specific to that as it provides much more detail than I can provide in a short post. Next, If you have problems with the superuser app, that also has nothing to do with the tool and would be an issue with the superuser app. Finally, if you look at the second post it tells you what ROM versions are supported, this is the whole point of that second post, so don't say I do not keep people up to date on what is supported.

This is my last response in this thread. Take it to heart, or don't. But I'm done after this. You either give a damn, or you're not that good of a person who would. One or the other. I'm only responding to this, because you're the developer writing it, so you're the guy to tell it to.

Actually, responding to people who tell you what the problems are, by telling them to read the text is worthless. And yes, you do have a responsibility. Not a legal one. A moral one. That's not up for discussion.

As for your responses, I did contact you. My question though, is why did you not respond to these people by fixing the problems? It was not time consuing.

1) Remove drivers.

2) Note to people to download and install "ASUS Sync" to get the drivers and then disable, or uninstall ASUS Sync efore attemtping to root.

3) Do what you did, which was to have your util disable Sync as it runs, just in case.

4) I don't care which zip format you like best. It would not unzip for a number of people, so just use Zip, not 7-Zip. Do not tell people it unzips fine, because it did for you, like they're too stupid to unzip a file! That's where you and I have a problem, pal! JUST BELIEVE THE PEOPLE! They did have a problem! I did as well! So fix the damn zip file and be done with it! How hard is that?! You act like you're being so kind and working so hard, when i reality, you're blowing peole off nd telling them (without saying it) that they're too stupid to unzip a file!

5) Tell people in your PROPERLY FORMATTED text file, the following...

"For some strange reason, after running this utility, some people have had to run SuperUser, before the device became recognized as being rooted. Still others have had to uninstall SuperUser, reinstall it and run it first. If you experience problems with your device not being reported as rooted, try this method."

Now there ya go! What was so hard about that?! You could have just believed these people, who had no reason to lie to you and who aren't stupid and made these changes in what... An hour total??? And you're telling me I'm the one who has a negative attitude?

As for the "zeros"... FACT: They were zero. My device was not recognized s rooted. FACT: Other people said the same thing. FACT: You're claiming to write back to those who stated issues, yet you're treating me like I'm the only one saying this and as if it's somehow "not really" happening. Yet others said it.

Again, JUST BELIEVE THE PEOPLE! People do make mistakes, but when you see multiple reports....

My problem with you, is that you treated people as if they were stupid, when you kept teling them to read the text file, after they told you they had and you ignored most of the people who stated something wasn't working.

And when this is YOUR page, people do NOT have to post to you by name for you to respond. Who else do you think they're trying to let know about the problems??? If you see a problem being repeated, take care of it and post once saying it's done. What's the big deal?

You have the greatest methd for rooting I've ever seen! Why let it fumble?

And I don't think it's negative to speak the truth to people who try to make me feel stupid!
6th August 2012, 08:08 AM |#481  
sparkym3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 807
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantWaffle

This is my last response in this thread. Take it to heart, or don't. But I'm done after this. You either give a damn, or you're not that good of a person who would. One or the other. I'm only responding to this, because you're the developer writing it, so you're the guy to tell it to.

Actually, responding to people who tell you what the problems are, by telling them to read the text is worthless. And yes, you do have a responsibility. Not a legal one. A moral one. That's not up for discussion.

As for your responses, I did contact you. My question though, is why did you not respond to these people by fixing the problems? It was not time consuing.

1) Remove drivers.

2) Note to people to download and install "ASUS Sync" to get the drivers and then disable, or uninstall ASUS Sync efore attemtping to root.

3) Do what you did, which was to have your util disable Sync as it runs, just in case.

4) I don't care which zip format you like best. It would not unzip for a number of people, so just use Zip, not 7-Zip. Do not tell people it unzips fine, because it did for you, like they're too stupid to unzip a file! That's where you and I have a problem, pal! JUST BELIEVE THE PEOPLE! They did have a problem! I did as well! So fix the damn zip file and be done with it! How hard is that?! You act like you're being so kind and working so hard, when i reality, you're blowing peole off nd telling them (without saying it) that they're too stupid to unzip a file!

5) Tell people in your PROPERLY FORMATTED text file, the following...

"For some strange reason, after running this utility, some people have had to run SuperUser, before the device became recognized as being rooted. Still others have had to uninstall SuperUser, reinstall it and run it first. If you experience problems with your device not being reported as rooted, try this method."

Now there ya go! What was so hard about that?! You could have just believed these people, who had no reason to lie to you and who aren't stupid and made these changes in what... An hour total??? And you're telling me I'm the one who has a negative attitude?

As for the "zeros"... FACT: They were zero. My device was not recognized s rooted. FACT: Other people said the same thing. FACT: You're claiming to write back to those who stated issues, yet you're treating me like I'm the only one saying this and as if it's somehow "not really" happening. Yet others said it.

Again, JUST BELIEVE THE PEOPLE! People do make mistakes, but when you see multiple reports....

My problem with you, is that you treated people as if they were stupid, when you kept teling them to read the text file, after they told you they had and you ignored most of the people who stated something wasn't working.

And when this is YOUR page, people do NOT have to post to you by name for you to respond. Who else do you think they're trying to let know about the problems??? If you see a problem being repeated, take care of it and post once saying it's done. What's the big deal?

You have the greatest methd for rooting I've ever seen! Why let it fumble?

And I don't think it's negative to speak the truth to people who try to make me feel stupid!

No, I feel no moral obligation to help either, I just do it because, like many of us, I like to.

I have no message from you, as I checked to make sure I did not miss one, so that is a blatant lie. Most of the issues were fixed by the users re-reading the post and the major issue of killing asus sync is a nuisance at best. If it take so little time to fix it, then you should have posted or sent me the fix as you have no idea what else I have been working on or have time for.

1) The drivers were removed not because they were wrong, but due to an issue with XDA and any driver issue is purely on your part.

2) I would not recommend downloading asus sync as it is not needed, I never did and mine works just fine.

3) The killing of asus sync was only added after I found time, this is a collaborative place, if you wanted it fixed, then fix it.

4) I'm not sure what text file you are even referring to. All needed instructions are built into the util itself.

The reason you have to open superuser is because that is what controls your superuser access, seems like common sense to me that if you want to use an app it has to be running and I would think that I would not need to insult people's intelligence in declaring something so basic.

You claim to know these "FACTS" about your zeros, but you must understand what you are talking about to know what is happening. There are 2 pieces when it comes to a device being "rooted", there is the main piece of having a binary file that has permissions to run as the root user (root user having an id of 0), which is what is indicated by this 0. The second, very easy part, is to install the superuser app which controls that access (which you can do from the app store). So, by saying that you do not have root access is incorrect as the binary does have that access as indicated by 0.

As I have stated, but you keep mentioning it, I do this when I have spare time and these forums are collaborative, so anybody can fix this if they so wish. I am not saying people lie about their issues, but seeing as everybody I have help seems to just retry the steps and it works for them, it seems to be more of a nuisance than an issue.

Not sure who made you feel stupid as feelings are internal so only you can make yourself feel stupid, but I do not see any other posts or messages by you asking for help before your outburst. So, I do not think it is mature to start off how you did or expect anything from others with an attitude that everything should be handed to you. This is a developers forum after all, if you want hand holding then you should look for a step-by-step guide or video.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes