1.DOWNLOAD ZIP
2.Place on sdcard
3.MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
4.Wipe Data/Factory reset
5.Wipe Cache
6.Wipe Dalvik Cache
7.Flash Zip
8.Reboot System and Enjoy!

Wiping data is recommended before flashing no matter what. Even when updating to a newer version. If you decide to dirty flash don't post with issues!

Download

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22962010882834683

Last edited:

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-58-27_zps54a8ab69.png

Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-58-49_zpsd0c74dd6.png

Working Wifi ;)

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-32-46_zps7181747a.png

Working Data :)

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-31-56-1_zps29516a15.png

Last edited:

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
V1 Up.

So depending on what people want i plan on either keeping the rom without removing bloat and leave it to the users or based on feedback i can remove the bloat and put the files up for people who want them.

Enjoy :)

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Everyone wanted an i497 ROM yet no downloades?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
downloading now!

Will update if this fixes the current UMA1 crap im using now. If this thing works good, it will be the first (i have seen) working US ROM out there ... i will bump the crap out of this thing lol

Edit:

Works 100% ... lovely ... thank you thank you!!!!!!
Installed from TWRP with a dev/cache/system wipe ... no issues, love this!

(it still says 0 downloads, obv. i already downloaded this)
/bump bump bump !

Last edited:
Reactions: DJsCrIBbLe

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Thank you very much for reporting back :good:

Hopefully by the end of the weekend ill have extended reboot and some other stuff added.

Reactions: darkfayte

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
Thank you very much for reporting back :good:

Hopefully by the end of the weekend ill have extended reboot and some other stuff added.

Sweet, this thing is rock solid bro .. loving it!

I cant find anything "not" working at this point. I haven't checked 100% of everything, but, all apps and settings seem to be fine.

Im going to follow this real close. My suggestion is to stay as close to "stock" as you can with adding little "bits" here and there. Also, i love what they did with my Note II and allowing "options" during the setup. Not sure how hard that is on this but, its a cool feature ......

Anyways .. keep up the good work. Anyone rooted and looking for a ROM, here you go ... this is it. This is all that we ever needed/wanted.

helfrez

Apr 14, 2007
Will check this out. I think it's more of a JB envy thing. The ics build is already fairly stable just crusty though. Will toss something your way though for giving us SOMETHING because the device has been largely ignored.

nolimitplr

Mar 27, 2011
Finalllllllly!
Thanks!
Downloading now.

Debloating would be great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

sohood317

Jul 13, 2009
Thank you so much will be downloading tomorrow when home and have wifi, thank you again and you are now our hero!! We all needed and wanted this and u made it happen. So no way to port JB or has to be a OTA, sorry for questions just want to be clear on things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using xda premium

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
One thing that should be removed, maybe ... OTA updates. Just got a "update found for your device" from AT&T. Not a big deal really, but just to be safe ... lol. Oh, ignore the mobile connection icon for me, the SIM i am using is not provisioned right now, thats in my Note II haha ... but mobile data is working fine (tested to make sure)

Updates: some screens as well for you. Just for flavor. AT&T SGH-I497 [[WORKING]] ROM !

Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-08-54.png

Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-08-32.png

Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-07-53.png

Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-06-56.png

Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-06-24.png

Screenshot_2013-05-18-13-06-11.png

Last edited:

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
Just because i love this ROM so much and it was such a big help, i will be working on some custom themes/mods for this ROM. Stay stock-ish but at least we can have a nice custom look. I will update when i can (right now i have my baby so i dont have a lot of time tonight, but, i will work as i can). Keep yall posted!

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Thanks I was going the try and theme blue so would be nice to just have a flash able add on

darkfayte

May 11, 2011
Dallas
Thanks I was going the try and theme blue so would be nice to just have a flash able add on

I will see about making a couple APKs for themes. Maybe look into a theme chooser during install or another app that can be for this ... whatever works lol ... i am having java issues right now but i will figure it out. Stupid computer ... anyways. . back to themes for this

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Thank you so much will be downloading tomorrow when home and have wifi, thank you again and you are now our hero!! We all needed and wanted this and u made it happen. So no way to port JB or has to be a OTA, sorry for questions just want to be clear on things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using xda premium

Thanks for the kinds words. I can look into porting but would rather just wait for an official release. Easier and much more stable :)

Reactions: sohood317

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
One thing that should be removed, maybe ... OTA updates. Just got a "update found for your device" from AT&T. Not a big deal really, but just to be safe ... lol. Oh, ignore the mobile connection icon for me, the SIM i am using is not provisioned right now, thats in my Note II haha ... but mobile data is working fine (tested to make sure)

I think ill leave OTA alone if people want to disable they can. Weird you received a notice for an update as i checked with customer service before making this and they said this is the latest release for our device with no updates available.... So maybe your getting prompted for JB? I dunno :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom Rom For Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 AT&T i497 by DjScRiBbLe :good:

V1

-Rom Is built off Stock UCLJ3 Firmware
    -Fully Deodexed
    -Zip-aligned
    -Rooted (installed Chainfire's SuperSU)
    -Added etc/Init.d Support
    -Busybox added

Planned Features

-Possibly extended reboot
    -Some theming
    -De-Bloating
    -Apps2sd
    -Custom Boot animation support

**********Installation Instructions***********

1.DOWNLOAD ZIP
    2.Place on sdcard
    3.MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    4.Wipe Data/Factory reset
    5.Wipe Cache
    6.Wipe Dalvik Cache
    7.Flash Zip
    8.Reboot System and Enjoy!

Wiping data is recommended before flashing no matter what. Even when updating to a newer version. If you decide to dirty flash don't post with issues!

Download

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22962010882834683
    Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-58-27_zps54a8ab69.png

Screenshot_2013-05-16-18-58-49_zpsd0c74dd6.png

Working Wifi ;)

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-32-46_zps7181747a.png

Working Data :)

Screenshot_2013-05-16-21-31-56-1_zps29516a15.png
    V1 Up.

So depending on what people want i plan on either keeping the rom without removing bloat and leave it to the users or based on feedback i can remove the bloat and put the files up for people who want them.

Enjoy :)
    Just want to let you guys know I going to be trying to release a new version by the weekend. My fiancé can only handle me being on the computer so much. I plan to hopefully have a new bootanimation added, and the extended reboot menu. I will probably release a de-bloated version and pack the removed apps for people the to re-install.
    We won't go too far down that rabbit hole and muddy the thread, but the primary reason for staying close to stock, as is the case with the Note 2, is lack of proper source code for drivers. The Note 2 in particular, lacks proper source code for the exynos chipset (Samsung is the worst offender, followed closely by Rockchip). To further clarify, many devs, such as with the Note 2, also take a multicarrier approach when the device hardware is the same. In the case of the TMobile/ATT Tablet 2, these devices are the exact same hardware, if I am not mistaken. The Sprint version, being CDMA, would not be of course. sdbags builds one version of CleanROM for the Note 2, compatible with multiple carriers, because the hardware is maybe 95% the same.

I digress, it was never an intention for the dev to port JB over, it was a question on whether he/she knew of anyone who had attempted it. I was considering attempting the port myself if no one had even tried.