Thanks Meter: 13,572

Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2012, 08:27 PM |#11  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

I don't get this part. What is lunch supposed to be? is it supposed to be a individual command for a device or can I do "lunch full_tenderloin-eng" for all devices? Because I am building for a device that doesn't run Android natively (at least out of-the-box) so cyanogenmod doesn't support it on any way...
Also, can I use this for resistive screens? Just to make sure.
Thanks for the guide, I have been looking for this for a long time

can I get help here please?
The Following User Says Thank You to mfsr98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mfsr98 Ad-Free

5th November 2012, 09:19 PM |#12  
Flag RSM
Thanks Meter: 2,610

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

can I get help here please?

Its a single command...it opens up the menu for devices...just type lunch into the terminal and hit enter...you'll see what I mean. You will probably have to add your device to the menu by creating a vendorsetup.sh in your device repo if it doesn't already exist....

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
5th November 2012, 09:24 PM |#13  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Thank you for the quick answer. Yes, I already have vendorsetup.sh on the boot.img. Sorry for the noob question
13th November 2012, 12:29 PM |#14  
Flag Imphal
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
What about for android beginners???
13th November 2012, 01:40 PM |#15  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devarishi

What about for android beginners???

There's only so much that you can dumb it down and simplify it. There's lots of other guides out there for getting started. Compiling a recovery is not a super simple task that anyone and everyone can do and there's plenty of potential pitfalls including the possibility of bricking your device. If none or very little of this guide makes sense, then you might see if a developer for your device is interested in working on it instead.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2012, 01:26 AM |#16  
Flag Lenexa
Thanks Meter: 1,695

Donate to Me
More
how would you compile this for a device without an official cm9 build?
15th November 2012, 07:29 AM |#17  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 401

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoller1

how would you compile this for a device without an official cm9 build?

Well, you don't need official cm9 if you can find any working device tree for you phone you are good to go.. For lg spectrum 4g, this could be useful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hikari For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hikari Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 07:50 PM |#18  
Flag Lebanon
Thanks Meter: 5,981

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys I'm trying to compile this for my phone the problem I'm running into is I need the root.ts I've searched and it doesn't come up with anything any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda premium
1st December 2012, 12:25 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I have a mtk6577 device which is not in de device tree of CM9.
I can compile CWM for my device with CM9. Because I was only making recovery, there was no need for setting up boardconfig.

In this guide there is a part starting with TARGET_RECOVERY_INITRC which is not there in my boardconfig.
Also is stated:
"Your board config also needs to include architecture and platform settings. Usually these are already included if you're using device configs that someone else created, but if you created your own, you may need to add them. Without them, recovery will often seg fault during startup and you'll just see the teamwin curtain flash on the screen over and over."

Does this mean that I cannot build TWRP without it, even I can build CWM ?
3rd December 2012, 02:36 PM |#20  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gls9

I have a mtk6577 device which is not in de device tree of CM9.
I can compile CWM for my device with CM9. Because I was only making recovery, there was no need for setting up boardconfig.

In this guide there is a part starting with TARGET_RECOVERY_INITRC which is not there in my boardconfig.
Also is stated:
"Your board config also needs to include architecture and platform settings. Usually these are already included if you're using device configs that someone else created, but if you created your own, you may need to add them. Without them, recovery will often seg fault during startup and you'll just see the teamwin curtain flash on the screen over and over."

Does this mean that I cannot build TWRP without it, even I can build CWM ?

Look for another mtk6577 device that has CM & copy the arch flags from it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 03:33 PM |#21  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 5,308

More
We're trying to get twrp ported onto the xperia ray. This guide has been a big help, but it looks like our screen is somehow messed up (the dimensions are supported)...once you are in recovery it looks like an invisible man is constantly tapping the screen making it pretty impossible to use. Some aroma installers behave in a similar way and they can be fixed by putting in a screen calibration....this includes the newer versions of aroma that contain some calibration code from twrp: https://github.com/amarullz/AROMA-In...44d5a6b04ce9c8. I was wondering if you guys knew how to put in a screen calibration into twrp. Thanks a lot....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)