[WIN][TUTORIAL]HOW TO USE ADB,DDMS AND TAKE A LOGCAT {pictorial explanation}

797 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,042

By Powerhouse, Senior Member on 31st May 2013, 11:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2013, 07:38 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I really want to help out devs by getting log cats but Microsoft Xp is a pain. Should I just change the os of my computer

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mattoaida For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattoaida Ad-Free

11th June 2013, 09:34 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
fix windows xp
ok i have found a fix for shift + right click on windows xp follow this tutorial on youtube. if you have question reply to me not on youtube its not my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUHZgVBmTk4

but now i am stuck when i type adb logcat > logcat.txt it just says - waiting for device -

help????
23rd June 2013, 07:25 AM |#23  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thanks for this guide! Been flashing files on android for some time now but never really got into ADB. The only reason I decided to check out ADB was because of a soft brick. ADB was the ONLY way I was able to fix it! Tried everything else and nothing! Due to this I might start playing around with ADB and see what I can do.
29th June 2013, 04:21 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo9891

Thanks for this guide! Been flashing files on android for some time now but never really got into ADB. The only reason I decided to check out ADB was because of a soft brick. ADB was the ONLY way I was able to fix it! Tried everything else and nothing! Due to this I might start playing around with ADB and see what I can do.

Good Luck

Thank you,
P.007
23rd July 2013, 03:54 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2,266

More
OP:
This guide has helped me a lot. I do know some basic commands for ADB but this guide is amazing and very detaild. Thanks a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to mrjraider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrjraider Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 02:49 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneeth.007

SETTING UP ADB :-

My device shows but it says it is unauthorized

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefho70

My device shows but it says it is unauthorized

never mind i got it i missed the authorization on the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefho70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chiefho70 Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 08:05 AM |#27  
Flag Purgatory
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Thumbs up Awesome....
Thanks for the awesome guide...so detailed...hats off to you mate..
The Following User Says Thank You to roshan2989 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roshan2989 Ad-Free
5th October 2013, 03:41 AM |#28  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 216

Donate to Me
More
Awesome guide punny

I'd like to contribute a bit to the logcat part, take a look at this post by @doctor_droid knowing the little tip I added helped me solve a lot of problems I had when trying to flash CM7 and doing it wrong lol :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El_Dark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift El_Dark Ad-Free
9th October 2013, 09:56 AM |#29  
Flag suroboyo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
a picture = 1000 character

and they say a picture worth a thousand worth
well i guess they're right with this one.
sometime I get easyly lost in the text, when all i'm trying to do is setting up adb in a fresh install PC
thank's
The Following User Says Thank You to annur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift annur Ad-Free
11th October 2013, 09:53 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dark

Awesome guide punny

I'd like to contribute a bit to the logcat part, take a look at this post by @doctor_droid knowing the little tip I added helped me solve a lot of problems I had when trying to flash CM7 and doing it wrong lol :P

Added in OP ... and you in credits
The Following User Says Thank You to Powerhouse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Powerhouse Ad-Free
15th October 2013, 12:45 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hello Guys

Im really having trouble with taking a LogCat. I created my own Rom and i get BootLoops. I tried to take a LogCat at the boot but it didnt work. I always get Empty Logcat.txt files. I even tried to take a LogCat of a WORKING ROM, but the same, i always get empty files. I tried to disintall and reinstall everything like OP showed in this guide, but it didnt change anything. Every Help is appreciated. I tried both, taking a logcat with CMD and taking a logcat with DDMS

Greetz Blackphantom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)