[Dec 29 08] CapSure - Better Screen Capture v1.11g - now with sound!

Search This thread

FreeMobility

Mar 28, 2008
Let me know if you want some help to create a native version that can be much smaller, faster, and runs on more devices (including smartphones and Windows CE) without the need for the .NOT CF

I realize this wasn't necessarily addressed to me, but I'd be greatly interested in hearing your programmatical approach to Mobile applications development.

I for one would love to abandon .NET in lieu of something cleaner -- a C application perhaps?

Thanks!

ahpeng73

May 12, 2006
Taiwan
Hi, am having a bit of a problem. After installing the CAB, I restart my Dopod 818pro running WM5. Hit CapSure v1.07, but get a message saying "Basic4ppc. Error loading program. PlatformNotSupportedExecption"

Any ideas?

thierryb

Nov 12, 2005
Le Vesinet
I have tried your software with my xda flame (vga, wm05).
Capturing works.
But display of options {settings, browser) does not support well vga (see screen captures below).
I get an error when browsing some files (see capture).
Obscure option obscures what I select, but unfortunately also crop my capture to the selection.
(Sorry I was obliged to zip my captures because the site found them to big)

Attachments

• captures.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 17

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
Hi, am having a bit of a problem. After installing the CAB, I restart my Dopod 818pro running WM5. Hit CapSure v1.07, but get a message saying "Basic4ppc. Error loading program. PlatformNotSupportedExecption"

Any ideas?

I don't have a quick answer but I am researching for you. In the meantime make sure you have .NET CF 2.0.

I'll get back with a description of the error soon.

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
I have tried your software with my xda flame (vga, wm05).
Capturing works.
But display of options {settings, browser) does not support well vga (see screen captures below).
I get an error when browsing some files (see capture).
Obscure option obscures what I select, but unfortunately also crop my capture to the selection.
(Sorry I was obliged to zip my captures because the site found them to big)

Thank you thierryb for testing and reporting on my recent VGA attempts. I will try to address those this weekend.

As for the memory error, I may or may not be able to fix that. I will try. But I will in the least make the program more gracefully handle the error.

I can tell you investeds a lot of time reporting these bugs. I'm very appreciative because you and the others are helping improve CapSure.

Thanks.:)

aleadam

Feb 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Just to confirm thierryb's findings on an eten x800 (vga screen), both in portrait and landscape modes.
But the screenshots I took were great!
I also like all the options it has.

Thanks for the app. :)

Alex.

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
Try this:

I don't have a quick answer but I am researching for you. In the meantime make sure you have .NET CF 2.0.

I'll get back with a description of the error soon.

@ahpeng73

According to the forum posts for Basic4PPC, these are the suggestions for you:

Again, verify that you have .NETCF 2.0.
Some users have reported that reinstalling .NETCF 2.0 also helps. Make sure you soft reset after the reinstal of .NETCF.

If the above does not work then it sounds like there is a problem with the regional settings. They believe that setting the regional settings to United States fixes this error also. I understand that is not an option for many non-US users.

thierryb

Nov 12, 2005
Le Vesinet
Not really solved the option and about screens

Attachments

• Screen087.jpg
    Screen087.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen088.jpg
    Screen088.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 12

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
Sorry

Apologies. I moved too fast on that last update. It's really tough not having a VGA device here to test with. I hope we're a little closer with this version. 1.07b is uploaded to post #1.

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
Choose your file name

A new setting has been added. You can now format the file name used to save your screen images. Many formats are supported including dates, times, version, and counter.

Version 1.08 has been uploaded to post #1.

Enjoy!:D

thierryb

Nov 12, 2005
Le Vesinet
Version 1.08 does not start. Please find the error messages I get:

Le fichier ou l'assembly nommé 'FormLib, Version=1.0.2860.34358, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ou l'une de ses dépendances, est introuvable.

thierryb

Nov 12, 2005
Le Vesinet
Moreover, when I upgrade the software, the process do not ask me to remove the previous version. So I need to remove it manually before the installation of the new release.

PocketPcUser05

Apr 12, 2007
CAB was incorrect. New CAB posted.

Thanks.
I have a feature request, and I am not sure how easy or hard it would be. Can you make another improvement to the obscure? I'd like to blend text together, to make it un-readable. Is that possible to implement?
Thanks.
PS, and reason why the format .PNG is not supported?

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
Thanks.
I have a feature request, and I am not sure how easy or hard it would be. Can you make another improvement to the obscure? I'd like to blend text together, to make it un-readable. Is that possible to implement?
Thanks.
PS, and reason why the format .PNG is not supported?
I may add a couple different version of obscure in a future release.

Any more votes for PNG? I can probably get it in if needed.

sahoopes

Jul 27, 2007
Wichita
Major update

Lastest version uploaded to post #1:

• Now saves and views PNG as well as BMP, GIF, JPG
  • Now 3 options to obscure sensitive information in your captures:
    [*]Blur
    [*]Rainbow
    [*]Random​