[ROM] Back to the Future [XBmod-Yuki][Updatable]Build 8107 Ready

Search This thread

nikc0069

Jul 6, 2006
Brighton & Hove
OnePlus 8 Pro
This is v1 I'm guessing, all I've done are the following steps:
-1st it's recommended to flash an old rom wm 6.5 and let it boot entirely (Done)
-Format your SD card too (Done)
-Flash HD2-First-splash (Done)
-Flash magldr 1.13 (Done)
-Enable 24MB extra memory in Magldr services (Done)
-Delete MBR of SDcard in Magldr services (Done)
-Flash the rom with DWI & Set a correct time & date. (Done)
-Install the lastest version of zune client. (This is where my problem occurs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBifNNjWQM

I need help

If this is V1, I highly recommend just taking the V2 rom, doing a Task 29 on your NAND, reinstalling MAGLDR, then using V2 with your card in. It will, however, lock your card from the start so you can only use it in WP7.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
When did you start the day? I easily make it to midday and have about 80% battery left.

The only think I've done that is a bit different is flash the 2.15.50.x radio via MAGLDR *after* I had installed the ROM. Seems to result in some reasonable battery life and may be a stopgap for those who don't want to reflash?

7 am, I use it alot but the difference between soft radios is what matters, there was a significant improvment using 51t

One thing that's different is I'm usingradio 2.14, not the 2.15 that's mentioned, perhaps that makes a difference, all i can say is that different networks may find a better combo of soft an hard radio than the one mentioned, it just so happens that 2.14 an 51t suites me better, I've always used 2.14 right from WM an tested them all so i figured that suites my network better,

Oh I'm down to 60% with heavy data an calls usage, apparently I have 8 hours on the clock =) which again puts it in line with nodo, if not slightly better, will know for sure when I get home, this time yesterday it was down to 20%

Last edited:

sweetdoc

Oct 3, 2008
Sargodha
This is v1 I'm guessing, all I've done are the following steps:
-1st it's recommended to flash an old rom wm 6.5 and let it boot entirely (Done)
-Format your SD card too (Done)
-Flash HD2-First-splash (Done)
-Flash magldr 1.13 (Done)
-Enable 24MB extra memory in Magldr services (Done)
-Delete MBR of SDcard in Magldr services (Done)
-Flash the rom with DWI & Set a correct time & date. (Done)
-Install the lastest version of zune client. (This is where my problem occurs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBifNNjWQM

I need help

wolfpt: My SD Card is working buddy, I can take pictures and videos onto it. 6.88GB free of 7.26GB

ok. you just take out the sd card and do the process without it. also use costume settings with all boxes unchecked.

xcen_xda

Jan 2, 2009
Using the camera trick, the standby battery life is really great.

However, when the phone is under load, for example when I'm browsing the internet or using Weave or anything that puts the phone under moderate to heavy usage, the phone heats up really fast and battery is drained very fast.

I don't get this problem in Gingerbread NAND. Is this normal for WP7? Or is this problem exclusive to HD2? Or am I the only one facing this problem?

krumbs

Jan 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.krumbs.in
I installed the 5.51T on my EU HD2 and it's working fine. So, it should work for you too.

I am uploading the v2 ROM with the part00.bin changed to 5.51T radio. Will share the link once the upload is done.

I am also on the Airtel network in Mumbai, and currently on the v1 ROM.
Have you noticed any drop in signal strength or call quality when you switched software radios to 5.51T?
If battery drain is lower with the older radio, would it not be at the cost of something else? I would assume there would be a tradeoff - you can either choose between lower battery consumption or better radio performance.
Hope I am wrong, though!

Also, looking forward to downloading your tweaked ROM. When do you think it will be up?

Thanks a ton!

nikc0069

Jul 6, 2006
Brighton & Hove
OnePlus 8 Pro
Using the camera trick, the standby battery life is really great.

However, when the phone is under load, for example when I'm browsing the internet or using Weave or anything that puts the phone under moderate to heavy usage, the phone heats up really fast and battery is drained very fast.

I don't get this problem in Gingerbread NAND. Is this normal for WP7? Or is this problem exclusive to HD2? Or am I the only one facing this problem?

I noticed a bit of heat up when under load, but that is normal for the HD2. The battery and the temperature tend to settle in after about a day I have found.

naeem151287

Mar 7, 2010
Mumbai
naeem.in
I am also on the Airtel network in Mumbai, and currently on the v1 ROM.
Have you noticed any drop in signal strength or call quality when you switched software radios to 5.51T?
If battery drain is lower with the older radio, would it not be at the cost of something else? I would assume there would be a tradeoff - you can either choose between lower battery consumption or better radio performance.
Hope I am wrong, though!

Also, looking forward to downloading your tweaked ROM. When do you think it will be up?

Thanks a ton!

Haven't noticed any signal drops or weak signal. Having problems with my internet so upload is getting interrupted all the time. Still trying though!

Y

YukiXDA

I installed the 5.51T on my EU HD2 and it's working fine. So, it should work for you too.

I am uploading the v2 ROM with the part00.bin changed to 5.51T radio. Will share the link once the upload is done.
Links for v2 in first page are already reuploaded with 5.51T radio

Ok so I am pretty much done from 7720 v1 to 7720 v2 with the 5.51T radio.

Steps :

1. Replace the part00.bin from the 5.51T radio directory in the data.zip in the v2 ROM directory.
1. Task 29.
2. Install Magldr 1.13.
3. Go to Services in Magldr and Clear SD MBR and Enable Last 24MB.
4. Go to USB Flasher and flash the ROM.
5. Once flashed, set the Date & Time and setup the device in Zune. It will look for updates and say an update is available.
6. Update to 7008, reboot and then Zune will look for updates again. Update to 7392. If you get an error while restoring backup after update installation, go back to step 3 and repeat.
7. Just follow the steps on the first page for installing 7403, 7712 and 7720. They are pretty straightforward and don't give any problems since your SD card is locked since first flash.

After installation of 7720 is complete, go to Settings > About and Reset from there. Also, the software radio does not get overwritten after updates. So, you'll have 5.51T radio at the end.
You can reset and factory reset with a new card without any problem, you don't have to reflash

ricky886

Mar 8, 2010
Ok so I am pretty much done from 7720 v1 to 7720 v2 with the 5.51T radio.

Steps :

1. Replace the part00.bin from the 5.51T radio directory in the data.zip in the v2 ROM directory.
1. Task 29.
2. Install Magldr 1.13.
3. Go to Services in Magldr and Clear SD MBR and Enable Last 24MB.
4. Go to USB Flasher and flash the ROM.
5. Once flashed, set the Date & Time and setup the device in Zune. It will look for updates and say an update is available.
6. Update to 7008, reboot and then Zune will look for updates again. Update to 7392. If you get an error while restoring backup after update installation, go back to step 3 and repeat.
7. Just follow the steps on the first page for installing 7403, 7712 and 7720. They are pretty straightforward and don't give any problems since your SD card is locked since first flash.

After installation of 7720 is complete, go to Settings > About and Reset from there. Also, the software radio does not get overwritten after updates. So, you'll have 5.51T radio at the end.

I flashed the wp7 and the zune detect my phone, but it connect my phone fail.
I had try to reinstall zune and connect it again but it still fail:D

loreaca

Jul 31, 2010
v2 7712 update error

I did everything by the book: WM6.5, switch radio etc. Everything was good until 7712. i keep getting error 80004005. pls help.

cuspess

Mar 12, 2010
After searching posts and other forums, I am still stuck at the process of updating 7392 to 7403.

I have tried following instructions from few different people, including those from Yuki and warriorvibhu. Below is what I have tried doing in general:

"- Extract WP7 Update Cab Sender.zip and HD2-7720fix.rar in two different folders. go to hd2 7720 fix folder >>update tool >> x64 to install the Windows Phone Engineering Flashing Tool (Mine is 64 bit Windows 7).
- Now copy the DeviceProvisioning.cab in the same folder as where WP7 Update Cab Sender.zip was extracted.."

Then I suppose to do the following:

- Now double click the wp7 update cab sender and press S. It will be sent to device and the phone will be restarted more than once and updates would be applied. Anyone getting 4 or more restarts should restart this step.

However when I double click the wp7 update cab sender.bat file, a cmd windows looks like the screen shot show up. I have tried double click it without administer right:

Mangonotworking.jpg

I have also tried on another computer which is a 32-bit Windows 7 and the same happens. I simply could not see the cmd manual which everyone can see and give you option to press "s" or "b".

Is there any other way to push the files to the phone so I can proceed to install 7403? or is there any other way to work around it?

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
First, thanks so much for letting us play with WP7!

I have one doubt, maybe dumb:

- I have updated until 7392. If I want Mango right now, I go on with the steps on post 2. But if I wait for official microsoft Mango update can I get it later via Zune without all the difficulties (this is not a criticism at all) and installs in post 2? i.e., will I be able to update like I did to get to 7392, just plugging into PC and running Zune?

I thank anyone for the clarification.

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Help please!

Ok I hav done everything correctly as far as I know as detailed in the OP's post. After installing this Xbmod/Yuki rom I connected it to Zune where it said an update was available. I let it update. After step 7 of this first update attempt, it states it will reboot my phone. It does, however i just get into a boot loop after seeing the htc quietly brilliant splash screen. Zune just shows Step 1 of 2: Restarting phone... I have tried multiple things. Reinstalled rom, hard resets, soft resets, with and without sd card inside etc. Card shows 14gig free.

What else can I do please?

I have spent time starting and collataing the HD2 hints and tips thread so hope there is someone out there who can spare some time to help me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XBmod-Yuki Rom V 2.10 for HTC HD2

This post is dedicated to the XBmod-Yuki rom V 2.10 The Only Updatable Custom Rom for HTC HD2 (Leo).
    Facebook Page

Tired to change all the settings of your Phone everytime a new OS build is out!!!
    me to!
    this rom as Ability to receive official & custom update cab
    all your settings will stay after update like an official device & even after a hard reset the cab installed will stay.
    So enjoy the rom and the new system of cabs to peronalize your rom.

XBmod FTP REPOSITORY

-----------Requirements: -----------
    1• Hard SPL 2.08 or higher
    2• Radio which support 576 RAM.(Radio 2.15.50...)
    3• Magldr1.13

ROM Languages:
    All WP7 Official Languages can be installed by cab Link
    OEM version:
    Updatable by cab
    Windows Phone version:
    7.0.7004.0 -> 7.10.8107-> 7.10.????.?? :)
    Radio version:
    5.51T.09.29a_22.32.50.10U

----Features----
    - Ability to Install Mango 8107 Build & more.
    - Ability to Install Developers Update Cab. (Fixed with V2.00)
    - Updatable via zune (confirmed for build 7740)
    - Root, chevron and unlock features already in and reaplied after an update
    (apply sp1 After 7740)
    -Zune backup & restore enabled
    -2.1 introduce beta Multitouch driver. Thanks AnDim

----Know issue-----
    - Take care your SDcard is encrypted since the first boot like a real WP7 Device.
    Look Update Thread for Fix.

----How to Update: ----
    -1st it's recommended to flash an old rom wm 6.5 and let it boot entirely
    -Format your SD card too
    -Flash magldr 1.13
    -Enable 24MB extra memory in Magldr services
    -Delete MBR of SDcard in Magldr services
    -Flash the rom with DWI & Set a correct time & date.
    -Install the lastest version of zune client.
    - You can Run the zune update process like a real WP7 device & go to build 8107.
    -but it's better to look the cab thread and install os update via cab this is really faster than zune.
    Update Cab tweak thread

Personaly i'm updating this way:
    -7004 => 7403
    -7403 => 7720
    -7720 => 7740
    -Update SP1 or after 8107
    -7740 => 8107
    -operator cab,xap deployer,skin,ect.
    -set time & date
    -sync live id
    -reboot
    -sync to zune
    ROM DOWNLOAD LINK:
    XBmod-Yuki 2.1
    NOT all SD Cards are compatible with WP7.
    If your card isn't compatible with WP7, it won't be used for data storage &
    it may cause random reboots,freeze & update error.
    It very recommended to use SDHC 2Go minimum.
    Use a good quality SDcard for best performance
    if you have any problems with SDcard after first 7004 flash (boot in loop) or can't upgrade 7403
    read this.

How to hard reset wp7:
    (When Magldr show WPH LOAD 12345 GO GO GO Press Vol+ & Vol- then after the new screen press VOL- twice.)
    Optional Customisation & Tweak Cab

Soon new process....
    Create your own WP7 update packages.

Post Moved in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1250869
    Skin & taskbar cab

For future update..............
    Hi Guys, I am compiling an FAQ for your reference as this is a very popular thread (to say the least). Can i please ask for your help and in compiling this list by PM'ing me timmymarsh with your question and the relevant answer so I can add this to the list, thanks.

Tim.

FAQ's [Frequently Asked Questions] - (in no particular order ;) )

• I have flashed v1 and installed the whole process, should i flash v2? >>> Yes, it will fix a few issues experienced with v1, such as encrypted card whilst allowing auto update in the future to work. :)
    • Bluetooth does not work properly? >>> Turn on wifi and reboot, bluetooth should now work correctly.
    • My wifi doesnt work, what can i do? >>> Try setting a different (lower) channel on your router and reboot your phone.
    • My Battery seems to drain quickly, help? >>> Try the "old camera trick" HERE
    • How can i side load my XAP's because WPDM doesnt yet support Mango? >>> Use Toms XAP installer found HERE (Thanks Tom ;) ) {Dont worry if you get error messages, the XAP is still installed - just check :) )
    • I cannot side load xap's, why? >>> did you remember to reset your phone from within settings? (i guess not ;) )
    • Is there a step by step guide, im struggling with the process? >>> There are many around, like THIS ONE (thanks fella :) )
    • I have an answer i want to share with you all and it should be added to this list >>> PM timmymarsh with the link to the answer along with the question :)
    • Solution for low volume, only one headset ear working >>> Phone settings --> Accessibility --> TTY/TDD-mode: Disabled/off
    • My Battery drain is still high >>> Try THIS trick it may help.
    • If visual voicemail is activated on your account, but connecting times out when trying to set it up on the phone >> Text Message "Activate:dt=6" to 122. It changes the necessary registry setting.
    • Bluetooth problems?? >> see this post
    • Youve installed Mango but the device appears to be locked (cant side load any xap's?) - You should have hard reset after upgrading to Mango as per the instructions........ but if you havent or it didnt work, try THIS