2.3.4 WLan

Search This thread

XYlow

Nov 30, 2011
Hi,

since the Update to 2.3.4 I experience Wlan problems. I can connect my phone to the network. It gets an IP and is properly registered. But since this update I can't access any Websites. It is definitely not a problem with my router, since other phones just work fine.

Is there a solution for this problem?
I flashed the phone already twice and did a couple factory resets.

ZyrByt

Feb 28, 2011
Wireless in my 2.3.4 works without any problems. 2 min. ago I even connected to WPA2 using WPS. Phone works aslo with WPA2-enterprise secured net. Are You sure You not give wrong password?

XYlow

Nov 30, 2011
Yes I am sure also I tried it with WPS. I got even a connection between router and phone. There is just nothing sent between them.

henediac

Mar 12, 2011
Maybe it is a problem with DNS. Sometimes I had similar problem on Froyo 2.2 and solved it using static IP on my phone. I chose as DNS Google Public DNS.

XYlow

Nov 30, 2011
I tried it with an Static IP too. That didn't help either. On awkward thing is, somethimes I can go on webpages for a couple minutes but then the internet is gone but the wireless connection stays (Internet is just on the phone gone, still works on other devices).
It's driving me nuts...

dj_rmb

Dec 25, 2010
I got the exact same problem and it drives me crazy. I had no problems with 2.2 but since I updated my phone can load webpages sometimes for 5 minutes sometimes just for 10 sec and I got an IP connecting the whole time...

XYlow

Nov 30, 2011
Okay apparently Motorola knows about this. I wrote them an email ang got the following reply:

Bitte geben Sie bei jeder Korrespondenz Ihre Bearbeitungsnummer an: *****

Sehr geehrter Herr ****, vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Diese Fehler ist Motorola bekannt und es wird schon an einem Bug-Fix gearbeitet.

Wir entschuldigen uns für eventuelle Unannehmlichkeiten und möchten Sie um noch etwas Geduld bitten.

Motorola Mobility

Means in english as much as: We know about this problem and currently work at an solution.

XYlow

Nov 30, 2011
Sorry to bring up is old thread, but finally I have found a solution to make my Milestone 2 work with my FritzBox.
You need to have a rooted phone.
Then go into /system/etc/wifi and open tiwlan.ini.
There you have to change HT_Enable = 0 instead of HT_Enable = 1.
After this simple change its working fine for me.

Reactions: PhatUgly

PhatUgly

Nov 13, 2008
I can confirm that this does the trick! Just did this on the CM7.2 Rom from 01.16.2012 and I'd call it bugfree now!

Thanks for reporting this!

XYlow

Nov 30, 2011
Actually I found a better way to do this. If you leave HT-Enable normal and change BurstModeEnable to 1, you phone will actually work with b+n+g draft.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to bring up is old thread, but finally I have found a solution to make my Milestone 2 work with my FritzBox.
    You need to have a rooted phone.
    Then go into /system/etc/wifi and open tiwlan.ini.
    There you have to change HT_Enable = 0 instead of HT_Enable = 1.
    After this simple change its working fine for me.