Insufficient storage available

Search This thread

dbux

Jan 26, 2013
Dubai
I have been experiencing this issue a lot. I still have about 2 GB of storage available to install apps. Still while installing apps from Play Store or from local storage it shows he error 'insufficient storage available'. While some apps can get through the installation process and some can't. I wonder what's the actual problem. Also I'm not ready for a factory reset because of lots of apps configured.

\\Device details//
Device: LG G Pad 8.3
Android Version: 4.4.2
ROM: CM 11(version: 11-20140326-nightly-v500)

I hope someone can help with this issue. Thanks :)

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
Try folder mount and move data from your Android > OBB folder to your SD card.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

ruibing

Sep 26, 2012
It might depend on the app. I think you normally need double the free space.
As an aside, I'd recommend setting aside 10-20% of your flash memory for optimal performance.
Even with TRIM suppoert, leaving as much free space as possible on your drive helps keep performance high (20% is a good number to shoot for).

robotapocalypse

Nov 7, 2011
Uninstall and reinstall the app does it for me. You can restore your data with Titanium Backup if you have it. I haven't experienced this on the G Pad, but I have on my GSG2.

dbux

Jan 26, 2013
Dubai
Same problem prevailing in 4.4.2 stock also!!

Can't install any apps? Still 2GB available! I was experiencing this when I was in CM KK also. now I'm in stock 4.4.2. I guess the problem is. once it sets the flag that storage is full it cant re-change itself even after un-installation of apps. Anybody have any idea. What's the fix?

Mrdaviso

Nov 11, 2010
Can't install any apps? Still 2GB available! I was experiencing this when I was in CM KK also. now I'm in stock 4.4.2. I guess the problem is. once it sets the flag that storage is full it cant re-change itself even after un-installation of apps. Anybody have any idea. What's the fix?

l6BYVte.jpg

I'm using link2sd and foldermount with a 32gb extsd and theres no memory issues on this LG vk810

SolGarlic

Jul 4, 2011
I am having a similar issue, and tried everything:
- adb commands to fix apps found in some xda forum
- updating gapps to latest version of playstore
- wiping cache of all apps
- wiping play store data
- enabling and disabling folder mount
- deleting .odex files
- uninstalling apps and reinstalling them
- deleting app-lib folder

and then I tried installing the app "aLogCat" (145kb) and got the "insufficient storage space", and when installing "LogCat" (250kb) I had no problem!
What the hell is happening?
I just didn't try a factory reset!
I have 5GB available in both internal and external storage, and plenty of app space available (just uninstalled Chrome beta, and couldn't reinstall it).

I have a ME301T with unofficial CM11...
Does a logcat help?

D0MINO

Jan 14, 2011
- wiping play store data
- deleting .odex files

and then I tried installing the app "aLogCat" (145kb) and got the "insufficient storage space", and when installing "LogCat" (250kb) I had no problem!
I have 5GB available in both internal and external storage, and plenty of app space available (just uninstalled Chrome beta, and couldn't reinstall it).

Does a logcat help?

Do you have Xposed Framework installed? I had been having the same issue and nothing was working...until I disabled all modules and then was able to install and update apps..then I activated all modules EXCEPT XPackage Installer and I'm having no problems.

Reactions: Mirac Tha Star

Mirac Tha Star

Sep 4, 2011
Minneapolis
Insufficient storage fix acknowledgement

Do you have Xposed Framework installed? I had been having the same issue and nothing was working...until I disabled all modules and then was able to install and update apps..then I activated all modules EXCEPT XPackage Installer and I'm having no problems.

Thanks, I took your advice, more specifically I just uninstalled XInstaller and that's it. I didn't Have to uninstall/disable anything else from Xposed Framework.... Thanx again

Do you know why or have an idea why XInstaller would affect the sd card memory like that????:confused::confused::confused:

rainbow_6

Jun 28, 2014
can't solve the problem

i have this problem but i can't fix it there is a message in notification bar says storage space running out after i have done factory reset! and i can't install any apps. i am using stock android 5.1 LG V500 and can't install anything at all! pls help :crying::crying:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - wiping play store data
    - deleting .odex files

Does a logcat help?