[APP] ProxyDroid - http(s), socks proxy for android [2.6.3 - Nov. 18 2012]

Search This thread

covntdracvla

Mar 21, 2011
To all persian users this app doesnt work in your country because of major restriction problems
you should try with socks5 not https based socks5
maybe this helps

Reactions: Soheil_rf

mwedge

Oct 24, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I am unable to get the proxy to work. Is there a log file or way to turn on logging so I can trouble shoot the problem.

I am able to turn on the proxy for the wifi connection in the ICS settings and the browser works. I then turn this off and enable ProxyDroid with the same proxy settings and can not get connections.

kasperok

Jan 11, 2008
Hi cmadeye, thank you for your amazing app.
I'm here reporting a strange behave with release >= 2.2.1

I'm using your app with my SGS2 with no problem since 2.2.0 release. With this release I'm able to use my internal proxy through my apn intranet business connection 2g/3g.

From 2.2.1 relese to the last one (2.2.1 to 2.6.2) I'm no longer able to connect to my proxy. Maybe something related to authentication process or maybe is the password FIX used from 2.2.1 release, don't know! Infact if I try to authenticate in 2.2.0 with a wrong password I get a "connect failed" error as expected. Using a wrong password with releases from 2.2.1 to 2.6.2 I get no errors.. connection seem to be estabilished normally, but I'm not able to navigate even if I use the correct password!

This is my 2.2.0 working setting:
HOST: my.proxy
PORT: myport
ProxyType: HTTP
Enable Authentication ON
USER: MyUserID
PASSWORD: MyPassword
NTLM Authentication ON
Domain: MyDomain
Global Proxy ON
DNS Proxy ON

Any idea?

ps. sorry form my bad english!
Bye
Kasperok

skibabob

Mar 30, 2012

I'm using your app with my SGS2 with no problem since 2.2.0 release. With this release I'm able to use my internal proxy through my apn intranet business connection 2g/3g.

From 2.2.1 relese to the last one (2.2.1 to 2.6.2) I'm no longer able to connect to my proxy. Maybe something related to authentication process or maybe is the password FIX used from 2.2.1 release, don't know! Infact if I try to authenticate in 2.2.0 with a wrong password I get a "connect failed" error as expected. Using a wrong password with releases from 2.2.1 to 2.6.2 I get no errors.. connection seem to be estabilished normally, but I'm not able to navigate even if I use the correct password!

Enable Authentication ON
NTLM Authentication ON
Global Proxy ON
DNS Proxy ON

Any idea?

Bye
Kasperok

Same here!

I have a Windows proxy at work requiring NTLM which is such a pain in the ass and your app is the only way I can use my phone as a SIP client while being connected to the wireless network and at the same time being able to access the internet.

Thanks for providing a solution for this! Love your app!

I was a while without a phone so I couldn't use it anymore (was on a HTC Desire S with rooted Stock ROM ) and now I have a new Desire S with MIUI ROM (2.3.7) which is great but with ProxyDroid tells me it has connected no matter what I configured.

Installing an old version (2.2.0) helped me . But it still tells me it has connected even if I used wrong credentials on purpose. It didn't do that on the Stock ROM. So I'm guessing this is a ROM thing but maybe you can fix this. I hope this info helps.

cmadeye

Feb 3, 2011
Shanghai
Hi,

Does your password contains any special characters, like $ ?

Max

Enable Authentication ON
NTLM Authentication ON
Global Proxy ON
DNS Proxy ON

Any idea?

Bye
Kasperok

mamadzapata

Mar 31, 2012
HTTPS Problem on ProxyDroid 2.6.2 :confused:

Hi guys,

I have an HTTPS proxy account with IP address, Port, username and password. I use this account to bypass the proxy by PROXIFIER on my computer. However whenever I set this HTTPS account on ProxyDroid, it connects but there in no data transfer and internet access. Can someone help me please?!

cmadeye

Feb 3, 2011
Shanghai
update to 2.6.2, and try "HTTP-Tunnel" mode.

Hi guys,

I have an HTTPS proxy account with IP address, Port, username and password. I use this account to bypass the proxy by PROXIFIER on my computer. However whenever I set this HTTPS account on ProxyDroid, it connects but there in no data transfer and internet access. Can someone help me please?!

Erix_code

Jun 13, 2009
/etc
I have a problem
hope you can help me...
let me explain...
I live in a restricted area with heavy filteration and censorship
I can't even use a vpn for bypassing it
I use socks5 system for bypassing it with PC
I just add some info(s) in proxifier program then I can reach everythings
I want to do it with my android phone too
it's galaxy S 2.3.5
and also a gal tab 10.1 3g with 3.1
I have a server name like: pt.server.com
a port like:910
a 4 letters username and password
in proxifier PC application I choose Https type and it connects properly
but in ur app I tried all options and it just connects but wont open anything,
with some preferences it can open non-restricted websites and it changes the IP but it still cant open restricted ones...
can u help me bro?:(
tnx anyway

i have same issue but i use ssl connection and i enabled the DNS proxy but still no luck!
here is how i configured hope helps to figure out where i messed!:
1.seting host to ssl.myserver
2.setting port to 808 which my server configured to
3.setting proxy type to HTTPS
4.setting user pass that i set in my ssl server!
thanks anyway!:cool:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

thanks cmadeye 2.6.2 it is , problem solved !

kasperok

Jan 11, 2008
Hi,

Does your password contains any special characters, like $ ?

Max

Actually I do! I have to use a special character as required by my company policy.:(
And yes I use "$" in my password! Is that the problem?! If so I'll try with a different character like "!" or "." and I'll report here if it work..

REPORT:
Just changed "$" with "." in my password and everything work flawless using v2.6.2!

Thanks for letting me set a temporary solution:)
Kasperok

Last edited:

mwedge

Oct 24, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I have the same problem as some of the users above. I am in a corporate lan environment and I can use proxifier on my pc with an HTTPS proxy and everything works fine. On my tablet I can set the proxy for the wifi connection in the ICS settings. This also works fine but it just works for the browser. I have upgraded to 2.6.2 and have tried HTTPS as well as HTTP-tunnel with the same proxy settings I am using for proxifier and I am unable to get connections. Is there a log file anywhere to see what is going on. It appears ProxyDroid is connecting as it shows up in the notifications as connected.

murrayit

Oct 13, 2011
At last a working version in HTTP Tunnel Mode for iran users. Now this is awesome!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

omidchini

Nov 24, 2009
thank you soooo much, haven't use it yet, though exactly what i was looking for.

opposing repression like a boss ;)

omidchini

Nov 24, 2009
ok, it seems it has a little bit of a conflict with the orbot (official tor application), because since i have installed this orbot couldn't enable TransProxying, but after i changed the setting in orbot to use the default iptables it works again.

i am guessing that your modifications to the iptables renderes the in-build iptable of orbot useless, am I right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProxyDroid is an app that can help you to set the proxy (http / socks4 / socks5) on your android devices.

PLEASE ROOT YOUR DEVICES FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOUR KERNEL SUPPORT IPTABLES (NAT)

TIPS: Press MENU button to find a "Recover" option that would help you to recover / reset the proxy settings when you get something wrong.

** FEATURES **
    1. Support HTTP / HTTPS / SOCKS4 / SOCKS5 proxy
    2. Support basic / NTLM / NTLMv2 authentication methods
    3. Individual proxy for only one or several apps
    4. Multiple profiles support
    5. Bind configuration to WIFI's SSID / Mobile Network (2G / 3G)
    6. Widgets for quickly switching on/off proxy
    7. Low battery and memory consumption (written in C and compiled as native binary)
    8. Bypass custom IP address
    9. DNS proxy for guys behind the firewall that disallows to resolve external addresses
    10. PAC file support (only basic support, thanks to Rhino)

ProxyDroid is an open source software and distributed with many other open source projects, here is a list of them:

* cntlm - Authentication Proxy: http://cntlm.sourceforge.net/
    * redsocks - transparent socks redirector: http://darkk.net.ru/redsocks/
    * netfilter/iptables - http://www.netfilter.org/
    * transproxy - transparently proxy for HTTP requests: http://sourceforge.net/projects/transproxy/
    * stunnel - multiplatform SSL tunneling proxy: http://www.stunnel.org/

You can check out all source codes from our project site: https://github.com/madeye/proxydroid

Also Available on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.proxydroid

BTW, I decide to post this app on XDA because I have found some similar apps are violating GPL here.

What's new:

1. FIX: Android 4.2 compatibility issues

2.6.2 r2
    1. FIX: a FC on JB

1. UPDATE: add HTTP-Tunnel mode, users from Iran with proxifier working on their PC can try this mode.

1. FIX: some UI bugs

1. UPDATE: new DNS cache module
    2. UPDATE: enhanced UI for ICS
    3. FIX: problems with auto connecting function

1. UPDATE: enhanced bypass function

1. UPDATE: enhancement in auto connecting function

1. FIX: some bugs fixed

1. UPDATE: A new option for bypassing selected apps instead of proxying them

1. FIX: try to fix a issue reported by Andrea

1. UPDATE: new stunnel binary
    1. FIX: some UI bugs

1. FIX: some bugs introduced in the last two versions.

1. UPDATE: HTTPS proxy support (still only for testing now)

2.4.0 (Only for testing, need several updates to become stable)
    1. UPDATE: PAC file support

1. UPDATE: the latest cntlm binary

1. FIX: bugs in the individual proxy mode

1. HOTFIX: NTLM related issues in 2.2.2
    2. UPDATE: Optimized DNS Proxy (patch from gaeproxy)
    3. FIX: Some known issues on ICS

2.2.2 (Thanks to Bob)
    1. UPDATE: Russian translations
    2. FIX: some spell and grammar mistakes (Sorry for my poor english :eek:)

1. FIX: password issue reported by Leonardo

1. UPDATE: custom bypass addresses
    2. FIX: some bugs with multiple profiles

1. UPDATE: new root permission and iptables detection method
    2. UPDATE: latest redsocks built with libevent2

1. FIX: FC problems in App Chooser
    2. UPDATE: A new troubleshooting option in MENU (use system's iptables)

1. Some bug fixes
    2. Optimize for app manager

UPDATES (Thanks to @kafkasmaze's patch)
    1. Rewrite profile function
    2. Multi WIFI bind
    FIXES:
    1. Problems when converting profiles

FIXES:
    1. Update old profile structure automatically
    2. Avoid error intranet addr format

Many thanks for their generous donation:

Du Duong(dduong@u..net)
    as i said before use proxy.sh from 2.6.2 build or download attachment,
    extract zip file and replace proxy.sh here:
    /data/data/org.proxydroid/
    then disconnect and exit proxydroid and i hope this will work as worked for me.
    for anyone who has problem in JB with http-tunnel mode:
    copy proxy.sh from 2.6.2 build and replace it with /data/dara/org.proxydroid/proxy.sh and change permission to 700.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
    update to 2.6.2, and try "HTTP-Tunnel" mode.

Hi guys,

App's back on the Play Store!

Checksums of latest version (2.7.7) if it's ever removed again:
    MD5: a6ef5b37eee724c4d676bc6b248a8c8f
    SHA1: 95976ff994ed292823b59ae1b3ed7f7e43505930

Thanks dev!