Search This thread

rg75

Apr 20, 2011
Im looking for gtalk app can find it I really need this app any help

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: snowman510

julez456

Jun 9, 2008
Does this ROM come with the new modem already or do I have to flash it separately?

dakemin22

May 7, 2008
text to speech

Can someone help me to get the Britt/UK voice to stick so it works with Google maps

shizenyasuya

Sep 19, 2008
Seattle
So what's the easiest way to get the tethering app to work properly on this rom besides buying a tethering plan?

it all depends on how you launch the tether. If you follow the same instructions i mentioned in my post on page 2, it's pretty easy, but you can only launch the tether from the toggles in the notifications shade. If you want to be able to launch tethering using the app in the app drawer, you have to follow the other method that involves pulling some of the framework files to your computer from your phone, modifying them, repacking them and then pushing them back to your phone.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Is not even on the appstore cant find it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
I just realized this as well and went searching for Google Talk / G Talk. apparently "talk" is part of the gapps package used in aosp roms and can be included by OEMs at their discretion on their roms. anyway, post number 6 in this thread has a good link to the Talk.apk file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879115. I just pushed it to sdcard and the moved it to /system/app and it works like a charm.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Can someone help me to get the Britt/UK voice to stick so it works with Google maps
I don't think it's available in this rom because this was made on a base for the T-mobile US variant. normally you would select this option under Menu>Settings>Language and Input>Language and then choose English (UK) from the list If you can find a way to get it into this list, it should work.

Reactions: rg75

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Data connectivity is noticeably slower to establish a link. It hangs quite often. Fast once it connects, but takes forever to get there.

Not sure if this has something to do with the OTA or something else.

I'm gonna play around with it a bit and see if I can figure out what the issue is. Amin... you might want to mention this in OP so people don't come *****ing about it. Lol

Last edited:

j@vier33

Dec 20, 2011
Fort Hood
Thanks for the hard work, Question I did the steps wipe ×2. And phone wont boot. Help and thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

141park

Jan 23, 2011
Agree with ^ You've made a lot of awesomeness for us. I don't want anything I say to sound demanding. Just curiosity. Also if anybody is interested in tethering / google wallet, I have both working on this rom. lemme know if you need help.

also, assuming t-mobile hasn't changed their method to prevent tethering without a tethering plan, that method should work. It looks a bit involved, but it's thorough and then you won't have to worry about which process you use to start tethering, so i might give this a try later today.

Hi, any directions to get tethering and google wallet working would be great! Thanks for your help. I am trying to figure out how to get both working.

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
got it.

If you are not in an LTE area, go into your data settings and switch the auto mode to 4G/3G... not LTE/4G/3G (which is the default)

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

No u cant its for a different base but im working on it for this rom :)

I used the one from your ported ROM, that one should work ok. All I did was install gtalk and noozexoide, tho. Nothing else. But I think if you aren't adding themes and stuff like that you should be ok. System apps are going to install to the same location either way and won't modify framework stuffs obviously

Last edited:

aminalmo

Dec 14, 2009
Fairview/NJ
Data connectivity is noticeably slower to establish a link. It hangs quite often. Fast once it connects, but takes forever to get there.

Not sure if this has something to do with the OTA or something else.

I'm gonna play around with it a bit and see if I can figure out what the issue is. Amin... you might want to mention this in OP so people don't come *****ing about it. Lol

Yes I notice that now :) but it looks like from ota not me :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My_Rom.png

Screenshot_2013_03_22_05_16_54.png
    Screenshot_2013_03_22_05_16_27.png
    Screenshot_2013_03_18_12_26_17.png

More Pics In 3rd Post

PLEASE READ FAQ

Code:
    -Based on teshxx T889UVBMB4
    -Data Tweaks
    -Performance Tweaks
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Cpu Sleeper
    -Partially Debloated
    -Miui launcher and lockscreen styles you can download from miui server
    -MyRom Mods In Settings-trans statusbar-center clock-trans notification panel-and more
    -MWControl in MyRom Settings
    -BootAnimation in MyRom Settings
    -ToolBox in MyRom Settings
    -Root Browser in MyRom Settings
    -Samsung Sc in MyRom Settings
    -Fast Dormancy in MyRom Settings
    -Faster Fix GPS in MyRom Settings
    -CPU Spy in MyRom Settings
    -Fast and smooth

Download MyRom

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390362690511176746

Code:
    -WIPE DATA x2
    -WIPE CACHE x2
    -WIPE DALVIK CACHE x2
    -THEN FLASH MYROM

F.A.Q.

Q.I HAVE TWO LAUNCHERS SAMSUNG TW AND MIUI LAUNCHER
    A.YES I KNOW IT HAS TO BE INSTALLED FOR THE MIUI LOCKSCREENS STYLES

Q.MIUI LAUNCHER IS LAGY
    A.YES IT IS CUZ ITS A PORT

Q.DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE MIUI LAUNCHER FOR LOCKSCREEN TO WORK
    A.NO YOU CAN USE TW LAUNCHER OR ANY LAUNCHER YOU LIKE WHEN YOU GET TO CHOOSE THE LAUNCHER JUST HIT TW THEN ALWAYS

Q.HOW TO ACTIVE MIUI LOCKSCREENS AND APPLY THE LOCKSCREEN STYLE
    A.GO TO SETTINGS THEN MIUI SETTINGS THEN GO DOWN TO MIUI LOCKSCREEN STYLE THEN HIT ONLINE ON THE TOP RIGHT CHOOSE WHAT YOU LIKE THEN DOWNLOAD THEN APPLY IT

Q.WHEN I RESTART THE PHONE THERE IS NO LOCKSCREEN
    A.YES YOU HAVE TO APPLY THE MIUI LOCKSCREEN AGAIN

Q.HOW TO DISABLE MIUI LOCKSCREEN
    A.GO TO SETTINGS THEN MIUI SETTINGS THEN GO DOWN AND UNTICK THE ACVTIVE MIUI LOCKSCREEN

Q.Does This Rom Work On At&t or Other Phones
    A.YES ALMOST ALL AND THIS ROM IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY MODEM SO ITS NOT GOING TO BRICK YOUR PHONE JUST FLASH THE ROM AND FLASH YOUR PHONE KERNEL AND IT SHOULD WORK

Q.HOW TO GET STATUSBAR TRNS
    A.GO TO MYROM MODS THEN STATUSBAR COLOR AND MOVE THE ALPHA SLIDE BAR TO WHAT YOU LIKE THEN REBOOT

From the moderator

To all in this thread Posting in the development threads are easy........

........Post Respectfully, Post On Topic, Post ONLY Development related issues as it pertains to this rom....... or DO NOT POST.......

Please heed our warning ......... otherwise infractions begins and banning comes after

Thank you ~~ oka1
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

question, does this rom have a tethering hack built in or will i need to mess with apn settings myself / find a mod to flash? I can't remember why i settled in on your "MyRom" variants as my daily drivers I assume it's due to the cool features you bake in and some of the aroma additions you make. I don't expect the current revolution aroma flasher to work with this rom. Are you considering using this as the new base for your revolution series / will the awesomeness that you've given us in the revolution series make its way to this thread / Rom?

sorry that's a lot of questions. Feel free to ignore me if you don't feel like responding.

I will do my best to make tethering work in next version
    And im working on aroma with the same futures but I need some time :)