24th September 2013, 08:22 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 2,429

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFX

lockring torch not working for me.

If you're going to post "issues" please provide details. Something not working doesn't tell me anything about your setup, what exactly you're doing, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akellar Ad-Free

24th September 2013, 08:27 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar

If you're going to post "issues" please provide details. Something not working doesn't tell me anything about your setup, what exactly you're doing, etc.

Clean flashed 4.3 AOKP Nightly
Stock Kernel
Option is selected under lock screen to have glow torch for the lock screen ring. Even with option enabled the torch does not turn on.
Tried using torch using toggle and torch app and it works fine.
24th September 2013, 08:31 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Iowa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFX

Clean flashed 4.3 AOKP Nightly
Stock Kernel
Option is selected under lock screen to have glow torch for the lock screen ring. Even with option enabled the torch does not turn on.
Tried using torch using toggle and torch app and it works fine.

Lockring or Navring? Secure or unsecure lockscreen? It works fine here btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akellar Ad-Free
24th September 2013, 08:40 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 957

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Lockring or Navring? Secure or unsecure lockscreen? It works fine here btw.

I figured it out..I been using using Pacman for too long and it didn't have the lockring torch that i missed a lot. I always use custom themes. I didn't think my custom themes would effect the function of the lockring (other than visually) but it actually breaks the lock ring torch. Switched back to stock and it's working. Sorry to waste your time.

On a positive note. I have been blowing this this up today with benchmarks, games, movies, gps, talking on it, etc. I can't break it or make it soft reboot or lock up. Smooooooooothhhhhhh!!!

Fastest bench marked rom to date for Note 2 for me with stock kernel and nothing changed. ( i know this doesn't always mean anything but i always bench mark for good measure)

Volumes across the board are loud, no need for additional kernel to bump up volumes anymore. ( big problem for me in 4.2.2 based aokp)
The Following User Says Thank You to DreamFX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DreamFX Ad-Free
24th September 2013, 08:50 PM |#25  
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Flashed last night, running amazing. Sound is nice and loud. Stock kernel and battery life seems great so far. Thanks again for the build.
24th September 2013, 09:20 PM |#26  
Flag Pensacola
Thanks Meter: 29

More
By chance does the 4.3 test build have Custom Buttons or Soft Key Options implemented in it? I remember Juba saying there were problems with it over a month ago and hope it is resolved by now. Downloading your test build now can't wait to see the progress in 4.3 from Team Kang thanks for sharing your test build Akellar.
24th September 2013, 09:28 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Iowa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydetrakd

By chance does the 4.3 test build have Custom Buttons or Soft Key Options implemented in it? I remember Juba saying there were problems with it over a month ago and hope it is resolved by now. Downloading your test build now can't wait to see the progress in 4.3 from Team Kang thanks for sharing your test build Akellar.

It does not because there are still issues I feel keep it from being ready for release. Biggest of which is an annoying double button press on the back key.
24th September 2013, 09:39 PM |#28  
Flag Pensacola

More
Quote:

It does not because there are still issues I feel keep it from being ready for release. Biggest of which is an annoying double button press on the back key.

I'm not sure who has it implemented perfectly since the Pacman rom kangs from cm, aokp, and pa but they have options for "Buttons" which is highly customizable and works well zero problems with the double back key is it possible you guys can use that code or is it against the team's policies? Regardless the build is running very nicley so far.
24th September 2013, 09:44 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Iowa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydetrakd

I'm not sure who has it implemented perfectly since the Pacman rom kangs from cm, aokp, and pa but they have options for "Buttons" which is highly customizable and works well zero problems with the double back key is it possible you guys can use that code or is it against the team's policies? Regardless the build is running very nicley so far.

It's CM's code that you are referring to. We have no policy against using other's code in general. I haven't been involved with this piece so not sure why we went our own way with it. Hopefully it gets sorted out before too long as I would like to see it as well.
24th September 2013, 10:05 PM |#30  
Flag Pensacola

More
Quote:

It's CM's code that you are referring to. We have no policy against using other's code in general. I haven't been involved with this piece so not sure why we went our own way with it. Hopefully it gets sorted out before too long as I would like to see it as well.

Glad I'm not the only one who would like to see this code being implemented into Aokp in future builds. Maybe you can talk it over with Roman and Zapphod or anyone else on team who has been involved in that piece and get it for our phones. It's the only feature missing from an obviously wonderful rom which has been my rom of choice since one of the first builds for the GNexus.

I wouldn't even mind if it was just a flashable zip which would be great if anyone can pm a link to it if it exists or can be made into one until gets sorted out.
24th September 2013, 10:48 PM |#31  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Does this have cLock?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)