[Q] New Xperia Z1 No Signal Whit any sim.

Search This thread

Arnisen85

Jan 10, 2014
Hey just got new z1 for my wife.

worked fine in 3 days then suddenly NO SIGNAL from provider.
Took my simcrad in that phone no signal.

put my wifes sim card into my z1 then i got signal :)

Some thing wrong whit the z1?
Have googled hole day cant find a solution plesae help me?
anybody have the same problem?

Cheers Stian

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

juliospinoza

Jan 9, 2012
Tepic
Well same happened to me at first I though was the sim reader but it was the rom that suddenly stop reading the sim and I don't know why. The solution was to flash a different rom and now I am with kitslim. To check the sim reader I used the app "sim card by gsmdev" such app allows to read the sim information like contacts imei etc so if that app reads that info means that the sim reader is OK and you need to flash a different rom or the same. Hope this help

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hey just got new z1 for my wife.

worked fine in 3 days then suddenly NO SIGNAL from provider.
Took my simcrad in that phone no signal.

put my wifes sim card into my z1 then i got signal :)

Some thing wrong whit the z1?
Have googled hole day cant find a solution plesae help me?
anybody have the same problem?

Cheers Stian

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Check if your imei is intact, perhaps you could flash an FTF file which will replace the OS so back everything up first.

Make sure you are inserting the sim correctly (i know you probably are but it's worth checking) ones the sims in the phone it should reboot, could be that the contacts which hold the sim aren't raised enough, don't bother fixing them just take it back if that's the case, if the sim has been inserted incorrectly then theres a chance that the contacts may be bent and if that's the case then your warranty will be void, but in all fairness it sounds like a dodgy phone rather than any of the above.

I'd still do the FTF flash anyway, it's probably the best shot you've got, oh and i've noticed that some peoples phones will read sims and others won't so the fact that it works in yours and not hers although weird, isn't conclusive. Try another sim too.