[Guide] From Root to Stock to "Test ROM" Froyo (25 Steps)

Search This thread

everalm

Dec 12, 2006
On trying to apply the update.zip, it aborts with

installing update
verifying current system
assert failes: apply_patch_check(MTD:boot" long aphanumerioc string)
E:error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
installation aborted

Stock ROM
T-Mobeile NEXUS
rooted

any ideas...?

koyla

Mar 20, 2010
Bricked Nexus 1 with AT&T

I am stuck with my Nexus one!

I cannot load into the recovery before the boot, and i dont have there is a wifi error and no signal error when i boot into 2.2....

any ways to completely restore to original stock state?

nyzrox

May 23, 2006
Bit of a **** guide tbh.

Boot to recovery...

Nand backup, wipe, flash, reboot.

4 steps.

everalm

Dec 12, 2006
E:/Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard..
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update packe...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

-----

What am I doing wrong?

If you downloaded the file to a Windows box and renamed it to "update.zip", you now have a file probably named "update.zip.zip"

Check from the command line and make sure the file doesn't have the double extension

Last edited:

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
odd, this file has a different md5sum than the others listed, but it flashes just fine... anyway, enjoying this so far. thanks for the work guys :)

7boo

Oct 11, 2007
Kentucky
On trying to apply the update.zip, it aborts with

installing update
verifying current system
assert failes: apply_patch_check(MTD:boot" long aphanumerioc string)
E:error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
installation aborted

Stock ROM
T-Mobeile NEXUS
rooted

any ideas...?

I get the same error or stock AT&T Nexus one =( Any help?

lordvikon

May 25, 2010
hey i just installed froyo seems to be working but one problem i cant move my apps from my phone storage to sd card. the option is there but i can't select it for some reason

lordvikon

May 25, 2010
Hey everything seems to work except u can't intall your applications to the sd card i feel like there is a file miissing or something. Any ideas any body!!?? I have the nexus one

lordvikon

May 25, 2010
help help i need help i just loaded froyo to my n1 and i can't seem to install my apps to the sd card and i don't know why. At this point i'm thinking that this is madness i feel like going completely stock and wait for the over the air update

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
help help i need help i just loaded froyo to my n1 and i can't seem to install my apps to the sd card and i don't know why. At this point i'm thinking that this is madness i feel like going completely stock and wait for the over the air update

WOW.

Not only did you post this three times but for God's sake do a search!!!

Apps have to be updated by the author to move to SD card. This has been asked/answered at least 20 times in the past two days.

Search next time!

Last edited:

dknzubzero

Jul 2, 2007
Non rooted Nexus, running 2.1-Update1.

Everything goes perfect with the patch.
Ends up saying "reboot via menu to complete" after it updates all files without any complains.

Reboots, gets an icon with an Android jumping out of a box.
after about 30 seconds the phone reboots again and the phone then boots up.

But its still 2.1-update1.

Anyone got any clues?

edit:
Forgot:
Build: ERE27

Edit2:
Redownloadet the update file tried both the one from this thread, but also this one: /showthread.php?t=686605
these gave aborting errors, problems verifyring the file.

Every time i downloaded a file i transfered it to the phone via dropbox.
I tried one last time downloading the file from this thread, and this time i transfered it via USB.
Patched with no errors, i'm now running 2.2, FRF50.

Gotta love smartphones, they can truly make you feel that you have no control over it :D

Last edited:

Akkuma

May 13, 2010
Step 15. Boot into Android > Settings > About > Update > Download and Install (This should be update-1)

Step 16. Download and copy the following zip to your SD card, and rename it update.zip
I appreciate the guide and want to let you know that by following your steps I was able to update pretty much without a hitch when I couldn't update properly before with most other guides.

I too had "erasing 'userdata'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)", but had been wiping data left and right previously and everything else worked.

I am still confused though about Step 15 and Step 16. What is the point in downloading ERE27 for step 16 and doing Steps 17-20 if the update from Step 15 is the update to ERE27?

A couple of notes that I'd add is that if someone gets FAILED (remote: not allowed) for anything other than userdata that they verify that they have the latest usb_drivers available from the Android SDK Starter Packager and that'll rectify the problem.

n.almaathidy

May 14, 2010
fastboot errors

please help

i keep getting those fastboot errors

C:\Users\natheer>C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot flash userdata userdata.i
mg
error: cannot load 'userdata.img'

C:\Users\natheer>C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\fastboot flash boot boot.img
error: cannot load 'boot.img'

please advise

Natheer
thanks
Edit/Delete Message

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to clarify, will this work on an unrooted epf30 to flash it to ere27?