FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for TOTALLY newbie!

720 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,527

By joehanh88, Recognized Themer on 23rd March 2013, 11:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2014, 08:34 PM |#1001  
New York
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Give this a try.

Tried flashing this one as part of my system image and I'm still able to pull down the notification panel! I tried flashing it twice to make sure it was going through, and did a factory reset between flashes.

I did another factory reset and went back and tried the original one that you sent (modified tw_status_bar.xml) to make sure I didn't mess up the flashing of that one or something, and I confirmed that it also for sure doesn't work.

Yar, this is tough! What file did you modify in this latest attempt? Was it tw_status_bar.xml again?

Would it help to have system stats from my device or anything? It's running 4.1.2, it's a Galaxy Tab 2 (7")

Thanks again for all the help with this.. should I try anything else?

11th February 2014, 11:44 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 336

More
can someone help me out with theming systemui auto brightness?? when i turn auto brightness off its themed when i turn auto brightness on i get a ugly grey auto brightness

i want both when turn off and turn on to be bleu and not that ugly grey

12th February 2014, 08:35 PM |#1003  
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrkusd

Tried flashing this one as part of my system image and I'm still able to pull down the notification panel! I tried flashing it twice to make sure it was going through, and did a factory reset between flashes.

I did another factory reset and went back and tried the original one that you sent (modified tw_status_bar.xml) to make sure I didn't mess up the flashing of that one or something, and I confirmed that it also for sure doesn't work.

Yar, this is tough! What file did you modify in this latest attempt? Was it tw_status_bar.xml again?

Would it help to have system stats from my device or anything? It's running 4.1.2, it's a Galaxy Tab 2 (7")

Thanks again for all the help with this.. should I try anything else?

Well..this is frustrating!

Did you notice any change at all? I did something slightly different with the code and put a HOME button in the statusbar. When you press the statusbar, does it take you to the home screen?

If it does, then my little trick just doesn't work on your phone and we either need to look at retheming the expanded screen so that nothing important is accessible from it or..finding a way to turn off the pulldown functionality.

If it doesn't, then something's definitely not happening the way it should. Which means we need to figure out just xml file actually does control your statusbar.. To be honest, if this is the case, retheming your expanded screen may be easier! Lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 03:35 PM |#1004  
New York

More
Quote:

Well..this is frustrating!

Did you notice any change at all? I did something slightly different with the code and put a HOME button in the statusbar. When you press the statusbar, does it take you to the home screen?

If it does, then my little trick just doesn't work on your phone and we either need to look at retheming the expanded screen so that nothing important is accessible from it or..finding a way to turn off the pulldown functionality.

If it doesn't, then something's definitely not happening the way it should. Which means we need to figure out just xml file actually does control your statusbar.. To be honest, if this is the case, retheming your expanded screen may be easier! Lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Went back and confirmed that no changes happened at all :/ Very weird. So maybe it is a different file?

In the meantime I'll try to just strip everything out of the expanded screen, like you're suggesting. It does seem like the easier option at this point (hopefully!)

That's strange that it's not the same file as other android systems though.. I wonder why that would be the case. I hope I'm not just messing up something on my end, but I don't know what that would be, so I don't think I am.

It looks like stripping things out of the expanded screen is basically all covered in the original instructions, so I guess I'll just try that first.. hopefully I'll be able to compile this one!
The Following User Says Thank You to evrkusd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evrkusd Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 04:03 PM |#1005  
Quote:

Went back and confirmed that no changes happened at all :/ Very weird. So maybe it is a different file?

In the meantime I'll try to just strip everything out of the expanded screen, like you're suggesting. It does seem like the easier option at this point (hopefully!)

That's strange that it's not the same file as other android systems though.. I wonder why that would be the case. I hope I'm not just messing up something on my end, but I don't know what that would be, so I don't think I am.

It looks like stripping things out of the expanded screen is basically all covered in the original instructions, so I guess I'll just try that first.. hopefully I'll be able to compile this one!

I had another look at your files and I'm still a bit puzzled. Part of me wants to get this nailed down and work out what's going on. The other part of me says that this has taken long enough and that stripping the expanded screen would just be a lot easier..lol
13th February 2014, 05:20 PM |#1006  
Flag netherlands
Thanks Meter: 11,016

More
Quote:

I had another look at your files and I'm still a bit puzzled. Part of me wants to get this nailed down and work out what's going on. The other part of me says that this has taken long enough and that stripping the expanded screen would just be a lot easier..lol

his rom/ statusbar seems to me Samsung tablet based.

so eiting statusbar.xml wont affect it.

maybe its system_bar.xml or tw_systembar.xml or such

maybe it can be in a layout like
layout-720p or something

Sent from my S500 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpaceCaker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpaceCaker Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 05:56 PM |#1007  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCaker

layout-720p or something

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. But there's no statusbar or tw_statusbar in any of the other layout folders..

I'm tempted to make a small change to the xml just to see if that change gets implemented, because I really want to get to the bottom of this. It's not my phone though, so it depends what evrkusd wants to do..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 07:38 PM |#1008  
New York

More
Quote:

layout-720p or something

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. But there's no statusbar or tw_statusbar in any of the other layout folders..

I'm tempted to make a small change to the xml just to see if that change gets implemented, because I really want to get to the bottom of this. It's not my phone though, so it depends what evrkusd wants to do..

Thanks for the input - I'm definitely happy to try whatever it takes, I'd like to know what's going on too! Right now I'm playing around with clearing out the notification panel (by following these instructions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49407529365271) so we'll see if that works.

But it would be cool to just block the button instead, or at least figure out what's going on. Let me know what I can try to do to solve the mystery..

--edit-- just re-read this and, yeah, it is a Samsung Tablet. There are system_bar.xml and tw_system_bar.xml files available in the layout folder. Could we have to edit those instead of the *status_bar.xml files?
13th February 2014, 08:42 PM |#1009  
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehanh88

tw_quick_setting_button.xml
all android:layout_height change to "0.0dip"
(this will remove the toggles)

tw_status_bar_expanded.xml
find :

HTML Code:
"@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_text_size" android:textColor="@color/notification_category_color" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/noNotificationsText" android:paddingLeft="11.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_height"
change the android:layout_height change to "0.0dip".
(this will remove the notification bar)
same xml, find :
HTML Code:
 <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/onGoingCart" android:background="#00000000" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_height">
change the android:layout_height change to "0.0dip".
(this will remove the ongoing cart)

dimens.xml
find :
HTML Code:
<dimen name="quick_setting_button
there will be 7 lines for that..
change all to "0.0dip".

So I went through all of these instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49407529365271 and modified the files listed to create a blank notification panel. I recompiled the apk, added it to my system.img.ext4 and flashed to my device successfully.

When I pull down the notification panel, everything is still there - all the toggles, the notifications, everything. Something crazy is going on, right? I went back and decompiled the apk to make sure the changes I made are included, and they are.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 4.1.2, touchwiz - basically stock aside from a couple of added/removed apps.

joehanh88, ticklefish.. any ideas? I'm thinking either my ROM is really non-standard, so none of tickefish's or joehanh's mods are working, or maybe I'm just totally messing something up somehow?
The Following User Says Thank You to evrkusd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evrkusd Ad-Free
13th February 2014, 08:48 PM |#1010  
Flag netherlands
Thanks Meter: 11,016

More
Quote:

So I went through all of these instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49407529365271 and modified the files listed to create a blank notification panel. I recompiled the apk, added it to my system.img.ext4 and flashed to my device successfully.

When I pull down the notification panel, everything is still there - all the toggles, the notifications, everything. Something crazy is going on, right? I went back and decompiled the apk to make sure the changes I made are included, and they are.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 4.1.2, touchwiz - basically stock aside from a couple of added/removed apps.

joehanh88, ticklefish.. any ideas? I'm thinking either my ROM is really non-standard, so none of tickefish's or joehanh's mods are working, or maybe I'm just totally messing something up somehow?

u have decompiled statusbar.apk?

i will try and look

13th February 2014, 08:52 PM |#1011  
New York

More
Quote:

u have decompiled statusbar.apk?

i will try and look

I decompiled SystemUI.apk before editing, if that's what you mean.. thanks for helping with this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
joehanh88, theme, tut

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)