FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for TOTALLY newbie!

720 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,527

By joehanh88, Recognized Themer on 23rd March 2013, 11:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2013, 04:09 PM |#11  
Pandaville
Thanks Meter: 1,065

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGbabasula

Yes for modify xml files. With winrar you can change the png only

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 con Tapatalk 2

How come? If you use winrar, you can open xml files and edit them...

23rd March 2013, 04:15 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda00

How come? If you use winrar, you can open xml files and edit them...

you need to decode the xml so it can be read by any xml reader..with winrar you cant read the xml..
thats why you need the apktool to decode the xml..
The Following User Says Thank You to joehanh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joehanh88 Ad-Free
23rd March 2013, 07:40 PM |#13  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Re: [TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for newbie!
The finest work. Tnx a lot

Enviado desde mi GT-I9070 usando Tapatalk 2
23rd March 2013, 09:19 PM |#14  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,582

Donate to Me
More
Одг: [TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for newbie!
Great tut.

Послато са GT-I9070 користећи Тапаток 2
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shut_down Ad-Free
23rd March 2013, 09:51 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xessus

The finest work. Tnx a lot

Enviado desde mi GT-I9070 usando Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Great tut.

Послато са GT-I9070 користећи Тапаток 2

thanks a lot for the compliment, friend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joehanh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joehanh88 Ad-Free
24th March 2013, 01:48 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Re: [TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for newbie!
Thanks, after my exams this week I'm definitely going to theme some!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
24th March 2013, 04:59 AM |#17  
SOLO
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey guys
why the 'command' to be like this when i recompile the SystemUI?
i just "MAKE 1% BATTERY INCREMENT" , can you tell me where is my mistake? thks before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HELP GUYS.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	1828964  
24th March 2013, 05:24 AM |#18  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrin0

Thanks, after my exams this week I'm definitely going to theme some!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

goodluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_bazzline02

hey guys
why the 'command' to be like this when i recompile the SystemUI?
i just "MAKE 1% BATTERY INCREMENT" , can you tell me where is my mistake? thks before

that is not the problem..scroll up more, the exact problem will shown at the several lines after you hit the the build command..
my guess is you forgot to put the battery set completely in the hdpi folder..
The Following User Says Thank You to joehanh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joehanh88 Ad-Free
24th March 2013, 06:26 AM |#19  
SOLO
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehanh88

goodluck

that is not the problem..scroll up more, the exact problem will shown at the several lines after you hit the the build command..
my guess is you forgot to put the battery set completely in the hdpi folder..

I've checked it again, then after i try to recompile the SystemUI again, the dist folder was not out.
why guys?
24th March 2013, 06:35 AM |#20  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droid_bazzline02

I've checked it again, then after i try to recompile the SystemUI again, the dist folder was not out.
why guys?

because you got error while decompile..
24th March 2013, 12:38 PM |#21  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 1,208

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
5. HOW TO MAKE CENTER CLOCK?

res/layout

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/left_icons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textSize="15.0dip" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/doNotDisturbIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_dnd" android:alpha="0.7" android:scaleX="0.85" android:scaleY="0.85" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff99FF00" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/right_icons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentRight="true">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/tw_signal_cluster_view" />
                <TextView android:textSize="9.0dip" android:textColor="#ff99FF00" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_network_name_separator" />
                <ImageView android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="centerInside" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="centerInside" />
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:id="@id/ticker_text_view_old" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:id="@id/ticker_text_view_new" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
edit the xml just like mine

res/layout/tw_status_bar.xml as I remember.

Make sure to fix this on the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koulis2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koulis2000 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
joehanh88, theme, tut

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)