░░▒▒▓▓[ROM] GinSense [CM 2.3.7]▓ v1.0 ▓ A2SDEXT Support (thx Scrip) - Flash it ▓▓▒▒░░

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Well I still like your work and I can't wait to try your next rom!

Sent from my NXM726HN using XDA App

darius99

May 8, 2011
In Da Treez
so ive used this rom a few days now, its pretty fast and stable, no force closes. my only issues would be lack of apps to sd ext, the speed of the dialer, and im loosing text messages here and there. hard to say how many but at least three that i know off. other than this great work! love the sense ui (normally not a huge sense fan but this is sharp!)
ill try out frosense next and give you my findings :)

when using any GB rom use the "Ghostly SMS" app in Android Market and that should catch ALL text messages that you might miss.

Reactions: demkantor

seki750

Dec 27, 2009
Most
After few days of using:
-There is some problem with SMS and GSM, because sometimes i lost singal and its says "T-Mobile CZ network is unavaible"
- And when my girlfriend send me sms, sometimes that sms just not come.
-Its took to long to login into mobile network after pin check.
-When someone calls me I have blackscreen until i push some HW button.
- Market(now Google Play) is just crappy - about downloading and things about

Rushness

Jun 18, 2010
Germany
www.youtube.com
Well, my signals and stuff is working flawless and i dont even have problems with the market... o.o
Have you tried the solution with ghostlysms?

Sent from my GinDream/GinMagic using XDA

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
maybe try reflashing the gapps - if that doesnt work do a FULL wipe and it should work fine

Neo2SHYAlien

Aug 28, 2009
Plovdiv
neo2shyalien.eu
apps2sd is working for me but for some reason they dont seem to be going to my ext partition. i know sounds a bit strange to me to, the memory card is fine so i doubt thats my issue. i havent played around with your rom much yet but i also noticed when i go to applications settings i only get an option to move a user app to sd card not sd ext, so my question is this supposed to store my apps on my ext partition or just the fat32 portion of my sd card

I have same problem with my ext partition and was necessary to install S2E for correct moving of data. Except this this rom is insanely fast, more than frosence (my favorite choice until this release). Great work!

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Talk with ezterry I believe he was one of the first to figure this out, but its been around since at least the donut roms so there should be lots of devs who can help

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
How is this rom in terms of speed? ezgingerbread, gingeryoshi, and it seems every other GB based roms I've tried have don't come close to the speed i find with froyo based roms. Is this just the fate of these old 32b's? ;/

Rushness

Jun 18, 2010
Germany
www.youtube.com
Talk with ezterry I believe he was one of the first to figure this out, but its been around since at least the donut roms so there should be lots of devs who can help

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using xda premium

Send him a PM.

How is this rom in terms of speed? ezgingerbread, gingeryoshi, and it seems every other GB based roms I've tried have don't come close to the speed i find with froyo based roms. Is this just the fate of these old 32b's? ;/

I would say for CM Gingerbread it's very fast and all the peepz are reporting good terms of speed, so i can just say: "It's as fast as FroSense". :)

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011
If anyone could give me some guidance putting Apps2EXT into this, i would definitly import that.

Seriously?

Apps2Ext is trivial to add as a script

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# a very simple a2sdext script by Scrip 2012-03-19
for i in install mv mount grep;do
   alias $i="busybox $i"
done
a2sdext(){
install -dv -m 771 -o 1000 -g 1000 /sd-ext/app
mv /data/app/* /sd-ext/app/ 2> /dev/null
mount -o bind /sd-ext/app /data/app/
}
grep -q sd-ext /proc/mounts && a2sdext

place it in /system/etc/init.d/10sa2sd, and make it executable with chmod

one asumes you already have 05mountsd working

all none paid (none forward locked) apps will be installed on sd-ext

if a user wants to put an app on data
Code:
pm install -r -f -l /sd-ext/app/<app>.apk
That will move it to /data/app-private

Last edited:

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011

Rushness

Jun 18, 2010
Germany
www.youtube.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ░░▒▒▓▓[ROM] GinSense [CM 2.3.7]▓ v1.0 ▓ A2SDEXT Support (thx Scrip) - Flash it ▓▓▒▒░░

GinSense - 2.3.7 - v1.0

Hey Guys,
    here comes my second "selfmade" ROM.

First off i wanna say, it's not REAL sense, it's a crossed framework with a LauncherPro Sense UI app.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screenshot's:
    00037.png
    screenshot1330446021719.png
    screenshot1330446207970.png
    screenshot1330441990510.png

screenshot1330446159796.png
    ginsense7.png
    screenshot1330446062246.png

screenshot1330446092189.png
    screenshot1330446112661.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features:

2.3.7 CyanogenMod Base
    Stable as hell
    Selfmade lockscreen
    Livewallpaper Support
    Crossed Sense 2.1 Framework
    56,73MB Internal space free on HTC G1

Working:
    GPS
    WiFi
    Camera
    3G/Data
    Bluetooth
    Landscape
    Camcorder
    Nearly everything

Not working:
    Nothing
    But if you can find something, please tell me :)
    Installation:

Step 1: Wipe your old ROM and just everything - Or just flash Ohsaka-Superwipe.zip
    Step 2: Flash the ROM (GinSenseX.zip)
    Step 3: Flash Kernel and GinSense_gapps.zip
    Step 4: You're Done! :)
    *OPTIONAL* Step 5: Flash A2SDEXT Support .zip and your apps will be installed on SD-EXT.
    Still working on:

Sense Icon's
    donem.png

Better Sense Style
    donem.png

Custom bootanimation
    donem.png

Settings.apk Sense styled
    donem.png

Getting the date into white color
    donem.png

Fixing the market to work on first flash
    donem.png

A new clock widget
    undone.png

Much more... :)
    Download's:

Ohsaka Superwipe v2 (rapidshare.com)
    Ohsaka Superwipe v2 (dev-host.org)

Download: GinSense v1.0 (rapidshare.com)
    Download: GinSense v1.0 (dev-host.org)
    Download: GinSense v1.0 (google.com)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download: GinSense_gapps.zip (rapidshare.com)
    Download: GinSense_gapps.zip (dev-host.org)
    Download: GinSense_gapps.zip (google.com)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download: Kernel - ezGb 1.5.1_S (rapidshare.com)
    Download: Kernel - ezGb 1.5.1_S (dev-host.org)
    Download: Kernel - ezGb 1.5.1_S (google.com)
    Download: Apps2EXT (thx to Scrip) (google.com)

Download: GinSense v0.9 (rapidshare.com)
    Download: GinSense v0.8 (dev-host.org)
    Market 3.1.3
    Changelog's:

Changelog 1.0
    - New default_wallpaper.jpg
    - Changelog added
    - Compcache changed = Should be faster
    - Only searching for WiFi networks at the time that WiFi turns on
    - Launcher stays in RAM, finally...
    - Updated OI File Manager
    - Market WON'T update to v3.x (because 3.x is very slow on our device)
    - Changed statusbar background (when opened) //as you guys wished :)
    - Arabic support added //as someone wished :)
    - Sleep Mode should work now //thanks to e334

Changelog 0.9
    - New Base (CyanogenMod 7)
    - New Lockscreen (Sense 3.0 like)
    - New "Designs" icon
    - New Android 2.3.7
    - New "Videos" icon
    - Better Framework
    - updater-script changes
    - New Sounds (Sense)
    - Faster at all
    - Settings.apk completed
    - Overscroll Glow colored purple - looks good ;)
    - Removed Development.apk
    - Removed AndroidTerm.apk
    - SystemUI.apk completed

Changelog 0.8
    - Custom bootanimation
    - VERY MUCH BUGFIXES
    - Custom contact logo
    - selfmade "Screenshot" icon

Changelog 0.7
    - Settings.apk completed with Icons
    - Sense (change Lockscreen to Lense in YoshiMod settings) lockscreen
    - Changed the background of the 3DGallery app (color)
    - "New" clockwidget
    - Every Icon is now sensed
    - updater-script updated

Credit's:

Rusheeey :3, Orbonus, zFr3eak, HTC, ldrifta, Nammit, e334, Cyanogen, AOSP, Litesorrows

Trust me, THIS was really hard work... Total flashing was by an amount of 120? :D
    For FroSense it only took me like 30 :b
    Like i said. It's not as fast as FroSense because it IS GINGERBREAD...^^

I'm using AmonRaRecovery 1.7 and installing internally and NO 60MB Swap. This is working, haven't really tried anything else.^^
    Update!!!

Changelog:

- Changelog added
    - Compcache changed = Should be faster
    - Only searching for WiFi networks at the time that WiFi turns on
    - Launcher stays in RAM, finally...
    - Updated OI File Manager
    - Market WON'T update to v3.x (because 3.x is very slow on our device)
    - Changed statusbar background (when opened) //as you guys wished :)
    - Arabic support added //as someone wished :)
    - Sleep Mode should work now //thanks to e334

E: New Screenshots added ;)
    I'm sorry to say but, I wont develop anything for the G1 anymore.
    I have the HTC Desire HD now and my G1 is still working but the battery is HORRIBLE. MAYBE one day i will finish some of my unfinished projects here but only if i am in the mood for this. I will continue developing on the Desire HD from now on.

Thanks to the whole G1 section for EVERYTHING!!! I learned mainly everything i know about this whole developing stuff from here and i really appreciate that.
    It was a great time with you and i will still have a look at the section ;)

GOOD LUCK GUYS! :)