[APP][May 5 2009] Mobile Shell 3 Toggler - Easily switch between MS3 and Today!

Search This thread

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
I use SPB MS 3.5 with MSKip mods. Smart Toggler does not work either with AE Buttons and Pocket Plus. Nevertheless, the toggler shoertcuts are still invaluable as I set AE Buttons/Windows Button to: 1 click MS 3.5 / 2 clicks Show Today. A different approach, but it works well. Actually, although I don't have a choice now, I don't know which arrangement I prefer as both are equally good! :)

thx1200

Inactive Recognized Developer
I use SPB MS 3.5 with MSKip mods. Smart Toggler does not work either with AE Buttons and Pocket Plus. Nevertheless, the toggler shoertcuts are still invaluable as I set AE Buttons/Windows Button to: 1 click MS 3.5 / 2 clicks Show Today. A different approach, but it works well. Actually, although I don't have a choice now, I don't know which arrangement I prefer as both are equally good! :)

I haven't used any mods, so I haven't seen this. Does the regular Toggle work? Is it only Smart Toggle that doesn't work?

I would love to fix this, but I don't really want to install any mods yet. I'm loving 3.5 as is so much. Plus it will make upgrading easier next time. lol.

wayneywoo

May 2, 2008

Hi,

Could you please explain what toggler shortcuts you are referring to? I use AEB and would like to set the home button to toggle just how you have it, 1 click... / 2 clicks...

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
I haven't used any mods, so I haven't seen this. Does the regular Toggle work? Is it only Smart Toggle that doesn't work?

I would love to fix this, but I don't really want to install any mods yet. I'm loving 3.5 as is so much. Plus it will make upgrading easier next time. lol.

How does regular Toggle should work? (never used, only smart toggle)

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
Hi,

Could you please explain what toggler shortcuts you are referring to? I use AEB and would like to set the home button to toggle just how you have it, 1 click... / 2 clicks...

Depends on your device. I have a Kaiser, thus several Buttons. After installing TOGGLE, I set the "Windows" key to one click "RUN PROGRAM", then you go to Mobile Shell where you now will find Toggle's shortcuts set "Show SPB Mobile Shell.lnk", do the same for 2 clicks and set to "show today.lnk". That should do it.

thx1200

How does regular Toggle should work? (never used, only smart toggle)

Regular toggle - When pressed will immediately switch from either Today to MS3 or MS3 to Today.

Smart toggle - Will only toggle if you are ON the today/MS3 screen. if you are in another app, it will take you back to whatever screen you left off on (today or MS3).

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
No, both Smart and Regular Toggle go to Mobile Shell only. They never go to Today, no matter how many times you press the button. Hope this helps.

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
I use Toggle every day on my HTC Touch Pro, so there's a very good chance the issue you are experiencing is either device specific or MSkip specific (I'm not currently using any mods since installing 3.5).

Can you backup and test with a fresh install (no MSkip)? If that doesn't help, I'll need you to dig into the MS3 process using DotFred's task manager and post some info.

Hi. I'll try to get a test done on this. Been pretty busy. It may be a few days. In the meantime, I may try what the posters above have done.

thx1200

No, both Smart and Regular Toggle go to Mobile Shell only. They never go to Today, no matter how many times you press the button. Hope this helps.

That is very interesting. If it never goes Today, then that means one of two things:

MS3T is not finding the MS3 window handle (called "Manila" -- confusingly the same as TouchFlo 3D) that is associated with the process called MobileShell.exe (case sensitive!) -- OR -- the "IsWindowVisible()" function call is, for some reason, always telling MS3T that the afforementioned window is not visible.

Both of these scenarios can be examined using DotFred's task manager and examining properties of the MobileShell.exe process.

mbernstein

May 8, 2006
Kind of difficult to understand... Anyway, for me it is really fine the way it is now. Thanks a lot.

warnold007

Sep 12, 2008
htc hd2 sense 2.5

can anyone confirm if this works in the htc hd2?
i can seem to get it to work.
i put the shortcuts as quicklinks in the sense home screen and it doesn't toggle to spb mobile shell.
i'm really looking for something like this... please help.

DMAlex

Dec 28, 2006
can anyone confirm if this works in the htc hd2?
i can seem to get it to work.
i put the shortcuts as quicklinks in the sense home screen and it doesn't toggle to spb mobile shell.
i'm really looking for something like this... please help.

As far as I know, it never worked. I would recommend you Shell TF3D Titanium Switcher. It works nice on HD2!

thx1200

As far as I know, it never worked. I would recommend you Shell TF3D Titanium Switcher. It works nice on HD2!

I would be happy to extend it to work in such a scenario, but I don't have a HD2 to test with to figure it out. The source code is available on CodePlex so if a developer comes along and wants to help me make it work under other situations, I'm happy to help.

Ricky Morris II

Jul 5, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
SPB + CHT running at the same time

Hey I'm new to this just recently got the HD2 and wanted to change the theme so i originally downloaded CHT and was using it when i found out bout SPB mobile shell and wanted to give it a run was a lil worried i would lose my CHT setup but was willing to take a chance, Luckily i found that there is a SPB/HTC Sense toggle switch that once activated can take me from my SPB set up back to what i had set up on CHT these apps are great where can i find some more themes!