New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
NEW 22.21.11 OTA Zip posted on the site 12/1/14
YOU MUST BE ON 22.11.6 TO UPDATE

NEW 22.11.6 OTA Zip posted on the site 11/11/14

http://www.graffixnyc.com/motox.php

OTA is there!

Instructions:
This is ONLY for the XT1095 Pure edition.. Support priority will be given to those with a XT1095. If you have another model number you will have to figure out how/if you can run this OTA. It's not up to this thread to support devices the OTA was not meant for.

IF YOU ARE ON THE FIRST SOAK TEST OTA .5 YOU CANNOT UPDATE TO .6. IT WILL FAIL! YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.4.4 THEN APPLY THE .6 OTA
Follow @SolarTrans Guide found here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x-2014/general/guide-update-xt1095-pure-edition-to-t2937074

Be unaltered unrooted system. The device cannot be rooted and then unrooted.. it must be a never rooted system or the update will fail. It seems it's failing on devices that were rooted and then unrooted. On devices that were never rooted or where the user had stock back up they made prior to rooting the ota will update fine
Boot into Stock Recovery
ADB Sideload the zip

For people getting the modem error. Make sure you back up your current modem using the DD command (google if you don't know how)

After that download the AT&T modem from my website, flash it, then take the OTA. You MAY lose LTE after the update. If you do just reflash your old modem and you'll be good to go. It's also been confirmed if you reflash the AT&T modem after the update you will get LTE back.

Download Links can be found on my website: http://www.graffixnyc.com/motox.php

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

Last edited:

THEindian

Nov 20, 2011
This is going to sound really nooby but do i just flash this in recovery? Or in the bootloader?

Sorry, this is my first Moto device, have had Nexus and HTC phones before this :)

dmbfan13

Mar 4, 2010
Rockton, IL
I'm rooted, but still stock recovery. Can I still boot to stock recovery and sideload?

Also, how do I adb sideload? Can someone explain? I have somewhat of an idea, but want to make sure before I go ahead and do so.

Last edited:

THEindian

Nov 20, 2011
I'm rooted, but still stock recovery. Can I still boot to stock recovery and sideload?

Also, how do I adb sideload? Can someone explain? I have somewhat of an idea, but want to make sure before I go ahead and do so.
Yeah, so i just got it to start flashing. Yes, you have to be unrooted but this is pretty simple, to unroot:

Go to the SuperSU app, go into the 3rd tab with all the settings, in there, there should be an option, something along the lines of "clean unroot", hit that, it should only take a minute or so
If you still see the SuperSU app once thats done, go into the play store and uninstall it
You are unrooted

To flash, plug in your phone and type in "adb reboot recovery"
You'll the that little android, once you see this, press the UP volume button, then power button, then release
Scroll down to where it says apply update from adb
type in "adb sideload BLAH BLAH BLAH.zip"
It should start applying. Hope this helps!

CRAP. I got an error in the installation and now it won't boot. It was something along the lines of how it didn't have the intall-recovery.sh file. Someone please help!

Last edited:

fairct

Mar 16, 2011
Maryville
Yeah, so i just got it to start flashing. Yes, you have to be unrooted but this is pretty simple, to unroot:

<snip snip>

CRAP. I got an error in the installation and now it won't boot. It was something along the lines of how it didn't have the intall-recovery.sh file. Someone please help!

Same thing happened to me. I suppose we'll have to flash stock back?

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com

Go to the SuperSU app, go into the 3rd tab with all the settings, in there, there should be an option, something along the lines of "clean unroot", hit that, it should only take a minute or so
If you still see the SuperSU app once thats done, go into the play store and uninstall it
You are unrooted

To flash, plug in your phone and type in "adb reboot recovery"
You'll the that little android, once you see this, press the UP volume button, then power button, then release
Scroll down to where it says apply update from adb
type in "adb sideload BLAH BLAH BLAH.zip"
It should start applying. Hope this helps!

It seems like either the install-recovery.sh file was removed when you unrooted (SuperSU uses that file) or it detects it has been modified and is failing. You will have to ask someone to pull it from a non rooted device

THEindian

Nov 20, 2011
I assume so, trying to do this but i have yet to find a stock image, the only is the one OP has his website is almost down. Do you know where else i could get an image?

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Could you mirror your system.img to dropbox or mega or something? The download for the system.img is taking 1 day.

knitler

Nov 30, 2012
Philadelphia
I assume so, trying to do this but i have yet to find a stock image, the only is the one OP has his website is almost down. Do you know where else i could get an image?

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Could you mirror your system.img to dropbox or mega or something? The download for the system.img is taking 1 day.

I am in the same boat as you.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com

No, do not mirror my files. I like to keep count of my downloads. Get a better internet connection. I downloaded the file in less than 5 minutes as others did.

It appears you need a non-rooted system image that's never been rooted. You need to be fully stock. Not rooted and then un rooted. I believe the unrooting process still leaves files in an altered state than their original. If there is a single extra character in a file, if it's the slightest smallest difference the file is considered altered and will fail OTA checks.

Quite a few people have tried this and it has worked. It seems the ones it's failing on are ones that were rooted then unrooted. Derek Ross just told me it worked like a charm for him.

Reactions: rayfin

edwardgtxy

Jun 29, 2010
Berkeley
any tips to stop the boot loop? I am parking mine in recovery now to drain the battery.

Btw, it seems the OTA modified modem, system and boot. So theoretically, we can just use fastboot to go back to the your imgs, and the phone should still work right?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW 22.21.11 OTA Zip posted on the site 12/1/14
    YOU MUST BE ON 22.11.6 TO UPDATE

NEW 22.11.6 OTA Zip posted on the site 11/11/14

http://www.graffixnyc.com/motox.php

OTA is there!

Instructions:
    This is ONLY for the XT1095 Pure edition.. Support priority will be given to those with a XT1095. If you have another model number you will have to figure out how/if you can run this OTA. It's not up to this thread to support devices the OTA was not meant for.

IF YOU ARE ON THE FIRST SOAK TEST OTA .5 YOU CANNOT UPDATE TO .6. IT WILL FAIL! YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 4.4.4 THEN APPLY THE .6 OTA
    Follow @SolarTrans Guide found here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x-2014/general/guide-update-xt1095-pure-edition-to-t2937074

Be unaltered unrooted system. The device cannot be rooted and then unrooted.. it must be a never rooted system or the update will fail. It seems it's failing on devices that were rooted and then unrooted. On devices that were never rooted or where the user had stock back up they made prior to rooting the ota will update fine
    Boot into Stock Recovery
    ADB Sideload the zip

For people getting the modem error. Make sure you back up your current modem using the DD command (google if you don't know how)

After that download the AT&T modem from my website, flash it, then take the OTA. You MAY lose LTE after the update. If you do just reflash your old modem and you'll be good to go. It's also been confirmed if you reflash the AT&T modem after the update you will get LTE back.

Download Links can be found on my website: http://www.graffixnyc.com/motox.php

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
    WARNING: You must read this whole post. I am not responsible for anything this does to your device. You assume ALL risk in this process.

What is this?

A process to get you to the latest build of 5.0. The so called ".6" build.

But I'm the ".5" release or I'm on 4.4.4 but have modified my system partition. OMFGZ PONIES!

Not to worry...this process should fix you up.

Requirement:

You MUST be bootloader unlocked if you on the 5.0 .5 build. If you do this on a locked bootloader it WILL FAIL. fastboot oem unlock is probably useful. ;) So is this page:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

EDIT: Some are reporting they did not bootloader unlock. Your mileage may vary.

Download:

SamuriHL's Nifty Scriptie

Install:

Unzip the contents of the zip to your C:\ drive. That means the root of your C: drive. If you put it somewhere else and it fails to work, sucks to be you. :)

Usage:
    o) Put your phone in AP Fastboot mode (Power off, hold volume down, press power)
    o) Connect to USB 2 with your OEM USB cable
    o) Ensure the latest USB drivers are installed
    o) Run the UpdateMe.bat script
    o) FOLLOW DIRECTIONS - It should be noted that as soon as you run it, it'll start flashing so do not run the script until you are ready to go.
    o) After the update is sideloaded, boot to fastboot mode instead of booting the device
    o) Run the FixMeUp.bat script
    o) FOLLOW DIRECTIONS
    And HERE it Is!!!! I'm too tired to make a thread.. I need to sleep hahah I'll make a proper thread tomorrow if he doesn't..

quickist way... be bootloader unlocked and then boot the image in the image folder of the zip
    fastboot boot CF-Auto-Root-victara-victaratmo-xt1095.img

Make sure it's fastboot boot.. not fastboot flash.
    It will reboot, reboot again and then you're good

http://download.chainfire.eu/596/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-victara-victaratmo-xt1095.zip
    Just got my new pure edition. Also got a version of root to test for chainfire but had my buddy try and it didn't seem to work. Once my device is charged up my order of business is

1. unlock the bootloader
    2. back up the unrooted system partition, boot, modem
    3. flash the ota
    4. see what's up with root..
    5. report back to chainfire and hopefully get it sorted
    I have pure edition Moto X, stock no root, as if it come out of the box

Just did my update on Mac (download adb for Mac first), turn on USB debugging, plug USB into the phone, then:

- terminal: adb reboot recovery
    - Andy logo
    - press volume up
    - (while pressing volume up) press power button
    - new menu: then choose update from adb using volume down, choose using power button
    - the phone will say:sideload using adb sideload...
    - terminal: adb sideload
    - install process....100%
    - upgrading android.... 100%
    - lollipop is here
    - profit!!

And no data lost

Thanks OP!