FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,601 Vote(s)
63.99%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.59%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,927

Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2018, 09:47 PM |#42481  
Thanks Meter: 399

More
hello.is it possible with root to post 3D photos on Facebook like iphone,s9 etc does?thanks.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 4 Prime μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

30th November 2018, 11:58 PM |#42482  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed

Does anyone here know a way to be able to have more control over the volume with a bluetooth speaker? I have the Harmon/Kardon Onyx mini. Since I've got my Lenovo tab4 8 Plus, I've noticed that the volume on the tablet is in sync with the speaker. This wasn't the case on all my other tablets. I can certainly see advantages, but to me, it has produced a problem. The volume steps are too big. I only have about 15 options. Say if I wanted to listen to something really quietly, it is a bit too loud, then barely audible. Before, I could use the speaker volume separately (which had very small steps in volume), or could put the tablets volume to maximum, which made the steps on the speaker larger and quicker to adjust. Is there any app or anything that gives you more steps? Or a way to disable the tablet and speaker volume being in sync.

Thanks.

If the device is rooted and has custom recovery, try this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...e-slider-root/

You can also use root explorer to browse to the file that handles the devices audio input/output/volume parameters(what it is called and where it is located in your system partition is/can be different from one device brand or android version to another), then open that file in a note editor and change the values manually then save the file and reboot. Start with very small changes, then increase as needed, this way you get an understanding of how much increase gets how much result without going too far and damaging your hardware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
1st December 2018, 12:19 PM |#42483  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If the device is rooted and has custom recovery, try this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...e-slider-root/

You can also use root explorer to browse to the file that handles the devices audio input/output/volume parameters(what it is called and where it is located in your system partition is/can be different from one device brand or android version to another), then open that file in a note editor and change the values manually then save the file and reboot. Start with very small changes, then increase as needed, this way you get an understanding of how much increase gets how much result without going too far and damaging your hardware.

my tablet isn't rooted. And if I'm correct, the manufacturers don't like you rooting their devices. As they will probably not accept a return for any sort of fault if they find your device has been rooted. I just don't think i should risk rooting it. From one thing it mentions, it looks like it it is difficult getting apps that work with it without me having to root it. As the speaker has a 3.5mm input, i may just have to stick with that. Given how expensive some bluetooth speakers can get, if by default you only have 14/15 steps for the volume, that is pretty poor. I'm wondering what it was about my old tablets that allowed me to use bluetooth with this speaker and use the volume on the tablet and speaker separately. It seems that higher end tablets and phones add this feature that basically restricts your volume options. Quite frustrating. I can see the big advantage in that you can leave your speaker out of reach and control the volume on the tablet, but you can't do it precisely at all. At least some video players (BS player in my case) Have an option for the volume to be from 1 to 100% going up 1% each step.

Thanks for the response, but I would rather not do anything that involves rooting the device.
1st December 2018, 03:32 PM |#42484  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,012

More
Quote:

Does anyone here know a way to be able to have more control over the volume with a bluetooth speaker? I have the Harmon/Kardon Onyx mini. Since I've got my Lenovo tab4 8 Plus, I've noticed that the volume on the tablet is in sync with the speaker. This wasn't the case on all my other tablets. I can certainly see advantages, but to me, it has produced a problem. The volume steps are too big. I only have about 15 options. Say if I wanted to listen to something really quietly, it is a bit too loud, then barely audible. Before, I could use the speaker volume separately (which had very small steps in volume), or could put the tablets volume to maximum, which made the steps on the speaker larger and quicker to adjust. Is there any app or anything that gives you more steps? Or a way to disable the tablet and speaker volume being in sync.

Thanks.

It's the way Android works now. Your older tablets were on earlier versions. Starting with Android 7.0/Nougat, the volume controls are merged into one.
1st December 2018, 07:26 PM |#42485  
Quote:

my tablet isn't rooted. And if I'm correct, the manufacturers don't like you rooting their devices. As they will probably not accept a return for any sort of fault if they find your device has been rooted. I just don't think i should risk rooting it. From one thing it mentions, it looks like it it is difficult getting apps that work with it without me having to root it. As the speaker has a 3.5mm input, i may just have to stick with that. Given how expensive some bluetooth speakers can get, if by default you only have 14/15 steps for the volume, that is pretty poor. I'm wondering what it was about my old tablets that allowed me to use bluetooth with this speaker and use the volume on the tablet and speaker separately. It seems that higher end tablets and phones add this feature that basically restricts your volume options. Quite frustrating. I can see the big advantage in that you can leave your speaker out of reach and control the volume on the tablet, but you can't do it precisely at all. At least some video players (BS player in my case) Have an option for the volume to be from 1 to 100% going up 1% each step.

Thanks for the response, but I would rather not do anything that involves rooting the device.

It is very easy to undo any changes that made and then remove root, then it is just like new and no one can tell the device was ever rooted, meaning, you still have your warranty.

But, to each his own.

2nd December 2018, 02:49 PM |#42486  
Thanks Meter: 9,216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It is very easy to undo any changes that made and then remove root, then it is just like new and no one can tell the device was ever rooted, meaning, you still have your warranty.

Famous last words that apply to many, but not all, devices and rooting methodologies. Experience and discipline of the human operator also comes into play. Finally, it is fairly easy to detect a previously rooted device unless OEM certified stock is meticulously restored. That said, most warranty claims never get that far as it's usually a quick evaluation by an entry level tech/sales rep that determines eligibility.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
3rd December 2018, 04:17 AM |#42487  
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Hi there please could one of you help me, i am about to receive my p20 pro. but it is locked with the network tellcell from mexico. where i am currently residing. can i put the global rom on it? i dont need it rooted. just unlocked network. well if so how would i do this?
3rd December 2018, 04:22 AM |#42488  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,012

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomAlberts

Hi there please could one of you help me, i am about to receive my p20 pro. but it is locked with the network tellcell from mexico. where i am currently residing. can i put the global rom on it? i dont need it rooted. just unlocked network. well if so how would i do this?

you should ask in the p20 pro q&a forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 06:50 PM |#42489  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi everybody,
Probably a simple question but I can't seem to fin the answer:
Going to mount my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10F in my car, it will be enclosed so I will not have access to the keys so I need it to turn itself on and off when power is applied.
For the power off it should be easy once rooted with apps like tasker or similar, but for the power on, that seems so easy for other devices, I'm struggling to find the solution, I've seen that in other devices you access a menu holding power and volume and set it on there but in this the only menu I've been able to access with volume UP and power buttons is in chinese and (thanks to google translate) seems to be only to perform some testing.
Does anyone know what I can do?
Tanks in advance
6th December 2018, 05:02 PM |#42490  
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Hi
How could i flash a Stock ROM without a PC ?
I have ROOT & TWRP
My PC is dead now and i won't fix (cuz of exams xD)
And thank you!
6th December 2018, 05:25 PM |#42491  
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasharSYR

Hi
How could i flash a Stock ROM without a PC ?
I have ROOT & TWRP
My PC is dead now and i won't fix (cuz of exams xD)
And thank you!

1) Restore a nandroid backup of stock ROM if you have one or can get one from another member thst has the same device. If you use a nandroid backup that was pulled from someone else's device, they will need to make sure their backup does not contain any of their personal data or their IMEI to avoid flashing their IMEI on your device.

2) If there is a flashable zip that has been created from the stock firmware for your device, you can flash that via TWRP.

There are other, considerably more tricky methods for advanced users, but I suggest using one of the two methods I described above if one of them is available to you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)