Note 3 on Android 4.3 won't enter deep sleep!

Search This thread

koszor

Dec 30, 2010
Odd bug I found on my note 3 is that the phone will sit at 300 Mhz with the screen off all day without entering deep sleep
It will only do this on WiFi though as soon as I turn it off Deep Sleep will function as it should.

I have the NB4 firmware and Bootloader, Android 4.3.

I am rooted and I have Xposed Firmware installed, anyone else have this issue?

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
I have the exact same problem. It's a month now and I didn't change my wifi router or anything.
There are no apps directly causing this. I will inspect kernel wakelocks and report back. But I bet that some app is doind something that causes "android system" to wakelock the cpu. I have many apps so it will be very hard since none of them have any battery drain out of the normal usage.

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
I have the exact same problem. It's a month now and I didn't change my wifi router or anything.
There are no apps directly causing this. I will inspect kernel wakelocks and report back. But I bet that some app is doind something that causes "android system" to wakelock the cpu. I have many apps so it will be very hard since none of them have any battery drain out of the normal usage.
Turn off "Always allow scanning" in wifi. (Menu/Advanced.) Scanning wakes the phone, and the normal scan interval is 5 minutes. (It'll still be scanning when you're in the page showing the available connections. You are in there to look for a connection, right? No one would ever be in there for any other reason. (No, Bill Gates didn't say that no one will ever need more than 640K of memory.) IOW, it's going to scan whether you need it to or not if you're on that page, but it stops as soon as you close the page. (Even though there's a Scan Now button. Come on, Google - next time, try thinking. Just a little.)

Last edited:

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
Hmm nope.. I think something else was corrupted somewhere.

I tried this:
Code:
adb shell pm clear com.android.providers.settings
adb reboot

After setting the main settings again, the phone is now much faster and as of now the problem didn't show up.
I'll keep you posted if it happens again. If not, this could help many many people.

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
Confirmed: the problem was totally solved.
I suggest anyone with the same problem to give this a try and do not restore the main settings from a backup.. but just set again the home and lockscreen or any of the main settings you need.
I think something gets messed up with intensive use or tests. This apparently cleans it.

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
550988398aef6.png

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
A friend of mine had his Note3 very slow and draining battery very quickly after the last OTA update. With my "method" his note3 is now back to normal.

gvp9000

Sep 11, 2007
I had the same problem, the phone was at 300 Mhz with the screen off all day without entering deep sleep mode.
All I did was changing the wallpaper to the default one !!!!
Ploblem solved.
Very strange ....
I tried it 3-4 times (switching wallpapers from default to another one downloaded from the internet) to make sure that this was the problem.
At all times the problem came back and disappearing.

Note3 n9005, stock android 4.3, No Root.

Thanks Zibri !!!

ps
How can I try this without root ?
Code:
adb shell pm clear com.android.providers.settings
adb reboot

Last edited: