What did you have before the Z1

Search This thread

Stu1973

Apr 28, 2010
Just wondered

Me....I came from the HTC One....and being honest, thinking about going to it, I do like the "1" but there's something pulling me back to HTC but don't know what

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I think the reasons can be many. Whit any HTC you can do whatever you want, from flashing 100 roms and mods and updates. This is more restricted on Sony devices. Then or you are a huge fan of Sony Xperia, if not, you have many reason already to go back to HTC.

Stu1973

Apr 28, 2010
True....i know bugger all about flashing roms ect....if it works, i leave it

What did notice on the Z1 though, i see now what a few reviews i watched said the screen on the One was a bit better, imo their right, it's hard to explain but the screen the Z1's kind of to sharp (for want of a better word). Again, i went to the settings but i think it's the diffirence between Sony's Tri (whatever the hell it's called) screen, and HTC's (whatever they call thiers)....it actually hurt my eyes watching it (Z1 that is). The only othe thing i don't like about the Z1 (everything else i liked :)), when texing, on the HTC you can change the background colour (i've got it set on black with blue tex...easier on my eyes), the 1's just white. But apart from these 2 things, it's a bloody good phone and i'm still hard VERY hard pushed as to which one to keep and sell

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
See sig.

This is my first and last Sony, HTC all the way, honestly should have kept my HTC One and waited for a newer and better phone, which is literally around the corner, the M8 will be out soon and i'll have shot myself in the foot again.

I won't allow myself to do this to myself again. :(

Stu1973

Apr 28, 2010
See sig.

This is my first and last Sony, HTC all the way, honestly should have kept my HTC One and waited for a newer and better phone, which is literally around the corner, the M8 will be out soon and i'll have shot myself in the foot again.

I won't allow myself to do this to myself again. :(

So you don't rate them then (z1 that is).....and you being a well established figure on here tut tut :)

What is it that you really don't about it... z1

Moze666

Nov 30, 2011
Vilnius
I have the best story, I switched from xperia X10i and it was okay, it got slower in time, but it was good for that time 2.5 years ago, but Z1 is the best now :D

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

ruinkhan

Oct 6, 2007
Ontario
Ditched Samsung and decided to try Sony (Previously Note 1 & Note 2 owner), no regrets whatsoever. Love it. I dont depend on custom ROMs anymore...Exposed Framework. That's all what I need to fully customize my device.

Reactions: djg269

mbp986

Oct 24, 2008
Came from the Arc S... was going to get the Xperia Z then i read about the Z1 so i waited and then took the plunge.... No regrets.. this phone has been a champ!

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Ditched Samsung and decided to try Sony (Previously Note 1 & Note 2 owner), no regrets whatsoever. Love it. I dont depend on custom ROMs anymore...Exposed Framework. That's all what I need to fully customize my device.

Yeah I am excited to ditch Samsung too, as I hear the sony ui is already/nearly perfect, and don't need custom roms to make it way better. Going to come from a note 1 also.

livelyyoungman

Jan 25, 2014
Chennai
Came from S3. Wanted a phone with premium feel Added to it modding the S4 is getting to be really difficult due to KNOX security. This is my first Sony, and I am quite happy - just that I do have camera issue still running around which I believe the Service guys should be addressing effectively.

D

Deleted member 4529355

I've been a Sony owner since 2006. Before the Z1 I had the SP. Good phone but Sony won't update it because its busy with the Z series, so I sold the SP and bought the Z1

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Mine was LG Flex and Lumia 1520

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Woah you're a faster phone switcher then I am lol.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Came from S3. Wanted a phone with premium feel Added to it modding the S4 is getting to be really difficult due to KNOX security. This is my first Sony, and I am quite happy - just that I do have camera issue still running around which I believe the Service guys should be addressing effectively.

You should of just got a all metal case for the galaxy s3, my cousin got one and the people at her school though it was a iphone

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
So you don't rate them then (z1 that is).....and you being a well established figure on here tut tut :)

Dont get me wrong m8, the phone has a lot going for it and a lot to like but it's far from perfect (I suppose a lot of phones are) also the flashing process and the issues I had with it initially really put me off, not to mention that the touchscreen has a crazy issue where u lose contact with it and it appears intermittent too, unless youre holding the metal frame.

With previous handsets I used to be able to flash a new rom from the pub, no pc needed nothing, just me an the internet, can't do that no more. Plus the phones a little chunky for it's own good, no doubt that Sony will fix that in future releases (smaller bezel)

Maybe it's just me being picky? Or that I came from such a good phone in the HTC One, it's quite a hard phone to top really.

Either way, 2 years is an epic amount of time to think about things that niggle you.

Should have got a note 3 or waited on the One + M8

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

You should of just got a all metal case for the galaxy s3, my cousin got one and the people at her school though it was a iphone

This in silver or black, nicest case there ever was for the s3

http://www.casefanatic.com/samsung-...-hunterf-galaxy-note-2-ultra-thin-metal-case/

Reactions: HeinekenAmstel

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Dont get me wrong m8, the phone has a lot going for it and a lot to like but it's far from perfect (I suppose a lot of phones are) also the flashing process and the issues I had with it initially really put me off, not to mention that the touchscreen has a crazy issue where u lose contact with it and it appears intermittent too, unless youre holding the metal frame.

With previous handsets I used to be able to flash a new rom from the pub, no pc needed nothing, just me an the internet, can't do that no more. Plus the phones a little chunky for it's own good, no doubt that Sony will fix that in future releases (smaller bezel)

Maybe it's just me being picky? Or that I came from such a good phone in the HTC One, it's quite a hard phone to top really.

Either way, 2 years is an epic amount of time to think about things that niggle you.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

http://www.casefanatic.com/samsung-...-hunterf-galaxy-note-2-ultra-thin-metal-case/

yeah exact case i was speaking about lol

memphis77

Nov 3, 2012
cologne
I came from the XS, before that I had an arc s and the four phones before were all Sony. Never thought about changing the company ' cause I never had any trouble with my phones. But the Main reason to stay with Sony is the root friendly mentality Sony offers

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

Steve_max

Nov 20, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Various Symbian phones, then SGS2, then SGS3. Flashing was infinitely easier on the Samsung side (no locked bootloader to begin with, default recovery, simple installation of CWM, then we had Mobile Odin...). I'm still somewhat uneasy about the constant need to use a computer on the Z1. On the other hand, on Samsung you had to get rid of Samsung if you wanted to have a decent experience, and the Exynos chipset made everything harder to develop. On the Z1 I still see no need to go AOSP: Sony's ROM is quite light, and Xposed allows for the necessary modding. Besides, there's no "brickbug" or "sudden death syndrome" here, which is a definite plus.

Since HTC is simply nonexistent here in Brazil, my options when my SGS3 started to get those damned freezes from the brickbug were either to stay with Samsung, come to the Z1 or move to the LG G2. Staying with Samsung was something I considered for about five seconds. Between the G2 and the Z1, the microsd slot was a dealbreaker on the G2. The fact that the Z1 is much better built, is water resistant, has a much better camera, and can be modded more easily also helped the decision. Really, I haven't been happier with a phone since the first months with the SGS2.

Stu1973

Apr 28, 2010
I'm surprised there's a few giving the HTC One the thumbs up, I thought it'd have been the opposite, especially here..... having said that....I'm replying via my "one" ....says enough about me too I suppose :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,
    I came from the Arc S, I really loved that phone, that makes me choose another Sony for my new phone so I bought the Z1 (after considering the LG G2 though, but no SD slot...)
    For the moment I'm really happy, I love everything about the Z1 !