[APP] LeoExtendedNotifications, blink keypad on missed call, sms, email, more [v0.92]

Search This thread

smudgelab

Jan 17, 2010
Hi, Sorry for the thick question here, I installed this program & as much as I can see it's many benefits & a huge pat on the back to Netripper for taking the time & putting in the effort to help people, the way I use this phone, it's not a cab I need...BUT...I can't find a way to delete the cab!:confused: It doesn't appear in the usual "remove program" area on my phone:confused: I'm sure the solution will bring on a huge "Doh!". Thank you.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi, Sorry for the thick question here, I installed this program & as much as I can see it's many benefits & a huge pat on the back to Netripper for taking the time & putting in the effort to help people, the way I use this phone, it's not a cab I need...BUT...I can't find a way to delete the cab!:confused: It doesn't appear in the usual "remove program" area on my phone:confused: I'm sure the solution will bring on a huge "Doh!". Thank you.

Just delete the exe files that you copied over to your phone.

smudgelab

Jan 17, 2010
Cheers the_scotsman. Initially I put them onto the MicroSD card then cut & pasted the exe to the windows start file so it booted on device activation. I've deleted the exe from the Device/Windows Start Up folder & can't see the exe on the SD card but the lughts keep flashing on receipt of text/missed/emails:confused:

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
w8ing for "only sms" version and "Time Out" (for axample 1 Hr)

very nice app

tnX
Added sms-only version to .zip in first post.

Could anyone provide cab(s) like KeypadLedControl's one? That would be great for autoinstalling it...
A cab with decent uninstall will come later when I've made the notifications configurable. Otherwise it wouldn't know which exe to install.

Hi NetRipper, please can you make one which activates on SMS and email (not missed call, because my TD2 doesn't seem to have this registry for some reason).

Thanks for a great program.
Added to zip in first post.

Cheers the_scotsman. Initially I put them onto the MicroSD card then cut & pasted the exe to the windows start file so it booted on device activation. I've deleted the exe from the Device/Windows Start Up folder & can't see the exe on the SD card but the lughts keep flashing on receipt of text/missed/emails:confused:
Check your \Windows\Startup again. If it's there, try to delete it. If you can't delete it, it's probably because it's still running. Start it again to make it stop. Then try to delete the executable again.

smudgelab

Jan 17, 2010
Thanks NetRipper, I do a fair bit of driving & when the lights go as people here want them too, it's abit too distracting for me to leave it in line of sight untill I can stop & read, then delete the messages. Great cab for those in a noisy environement or in circumstances where the led isn't enough of a "shout". Thanks again :)

lamensterms

Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
great little tool thanks netripper.

just a question though, i originally thought that the little light (green/amber) next to the ear-peice was a notification infdicator (sms/calls/email/system nots), but it seems its only system notifications (new wifi detected/low battery/etc). can anyone confirm or deny this?

anywho... would it be possible to use the ear-peice light to display notifications (instead of the keypad). just wanna test out both to see if one is better than the other.

cheers again mate.

-----EDIT-----

silly me, after further testing....i seem to have learned that the earpeice light does flash for all notifications.... maybe for a limited time only.

very handy tool though. cheers.

Last edited:

leobox1

Nov 27, 2008
hi buddy,

can we have a notification for NO NETWORK?

maybe red consistant as long as no network?

xavierdemon

Jul 23, 2008
Sorry to bump my request again :) but has anyone found a way to disable the Green flashing LED? As this isn't really required now that the keypad flashes, I have tried numerous reg entries but the dam thing still flashes lol. I remember a time when it didn't work, which is typical since I don't won't it to work now lol.

x3dfx

Dec 13, 2008
Cologne Germany
xfd3.de
Request

Hey NetRipper!

I say it again, nice work!
But yesterday I was on a phone conversation and got an SMS so the leds kept blinking and it's very dirsturbing during a phone call :D

Could you implement that the keypad doesn't blink during a phone conversation?

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
email and calls..

Hi netripper..
The emails and calls version only blinks on missed calls...
Like that version, is it working for anybody else?
Love the app...does it use any cpu or battery (apart from the led's isong a bit of battery of course...)

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
Hi NetRipper,
Once again your working is very appreciated and why doesn't HTC make a contract with you? :D

Here are my small requests/feedbacks:
- Using it **** an application (put it in device memory or startup folder), it works fine.
- Included it in cooking Rom, it does not work probably. The keypad led is always blinking at the first boot and never stop while there is no notification. I wish it can be used probably in cooking Rom and I think this is what many chefs are waiting for.
Thank you.

x3dfx

Dec 13, 2008
Cologne Germany
xfd3.de
Sorry to bump my request again :) but has anyone found a way to disable the Green flashing LED? As this isn't really required now that the keypad flashes, I have tried numerous reg entries but the dam thing still flashes lol. I remember a time when it didn't work, which is typical since I don't won't it to work now lol.

Enable the option to configure it in windows settings with BsBtweaks and then turn it off ;)

Included it in cooking Rom, it does not work probably. The keypad led is always blinking at the first boot and never stop while there is no notification. I wish it can be used probably in cooking Rom and I think this is what many chefs are waiting for.
Thank you.

It works with EnergyROM 22.FEB

xavierdemon

Jul 23, 2008
settings/sounds and notification/ search for the event(sms, missed call, ...) and turn of led notification

Yep been there done that and did SR before anyone asks :) even tried doing it in REG as well, Green LED still flashes for new message.

Has anyone else actually got their HD2 not to flash LED when receiving new message, if so what ROM are you on? I'm on 1.66 but when I was on 1.48 it did obey me lol.

Last edited:

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
- Included it in cooking Rom, it does not work probably. The keypad led is always blinking at the first boot and never stop while there is no notification. I wish it can be used probably in cooking Rom and I think this is what many chefs are waiting for.
Thank you.
I'm not into cooking and don't really know how that works. However I suppose a cook can make it so that an executable ends up in the \Windows\Startup folder. It should then work fine. If it keeps blinking all the time, then maybe the ROM that you cooked doesn't support all the notifications that it should. It's been reported before that some ROMs have problems with certain notifications.

Netripper, Thanks for the great work. I may consider including part of your code to my notif blinker, is that okay with you?
I don't know that app but sure, no problem. I'd appreciate it if you add me to credits though :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At request of the people in this thread, I made a small app that blinks the keypad when there are notifications.

If you also use KeypadLedControl, you may get some irregular blinking during notifications. Nothing serious.

Features
    - Blink keypad on: unread sms, unread mms, unread e-mail, missed calls, reminders (if rom supports it), voicemail
    - Configurable via registry & seperate Config application
    - Notification timeout after X seconds (300=5min by default)
    - Stop notifications after unlocking the phone (only works on compatible lock screens)
    - Temporarily stop notifications during phone call
    - Configurable blinking sequence (also per notification type)
    - Configurable time between repeating sequence

Changelog
    v0.92
    - Some small fixes by 3dfx

v0.91
    - Hopefully fixes issue where keypad wouldn't blink on notifications if there were no specific sequences for that notification type configured (in registry)

v0.9
    - Added configuration application
    - Popups now automatically close again after a second or so (except for errors, they stay)
    - Added nicer icons in start menu/sense (if you're using WM6.5+, might require device restart)

v0.3 to v0.8
    - App configurable via registry
    - Add support for reminder and voicemail notifications
    - Notification timeout after X seconds (300=5min by default)
    - Stop notifications after unlocking the phone
    - Temporarily stop notifications during phone call
    - Configurable blinking sequence (also per notification type)
    - Configurable time between repeating sequence

Additional credits
    Big thanks to 3dfx. He added a lot of features as you can read throughout this thread.

Source
    Source code can be found here: http://github.com/netripper/LeoExtendedNotifications

Screenshots
    LEN_ss1.png
    LEN_ss2.png
    LEN_ss3.png

Download
    See CAB attached to this post! :D
    Works Fine.

Thanks.
    Hallo,
    just downloaded LEN and I have a question that maybe has been discussed already, but didn't find it:
    LEN installed nicely;
    when I started the LeoNotify Config, I saw that "Notify NOT Active";
    so I realised that I have to start LeoNotify.exe first;
    fine, no problem;
    after a soft-reset, it was the same again!
    So this time I tried to put a shortcut to the "LeoNotify.exe" in the "AutoStart"-Folder, but after the next soft-reset is was still not active!
    So I copied the "LeoNotify.exe" into the "AutoStart"-Folder, but the result is still the same.
    After each re-start of the HTC HD2, I get a small window for approx. 1 second that tells me that Leo Extended Notification Enabler will be closed now.

Question:
    why is this and what do I have to do to start my HTC HD2 with LEN already enabled and running?

Thanks a lot,
    Tom
    You should only have a link to that exe once. If the exe runs a second time, the app closes. So make sure you remove all shortcuts/executables except one from your \windows\startup