[APP] iPlayer [v0.5 18/03/09]

Search This thread

fred_up

Jul 14, 2008
I do wish that this program was updqated, as I always prefered this to myplayer.

milkyjoe505

Apr 13, 2010
i player fatal error

can you help, i've got a htc touch diamond & i've followed your instructions to the letter, i can browse everything but every time i try to click & view something it says,
Error:
i Player.exe, web exception, The remote server returned an error: (404) not found
at
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.finishGetResponse()
at
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at
iPlayer.ProgramDetails.GetRedirect()
at
iPlayer.ProgramDetails.LoadProgDetails()
at
iPlayer.ProgramDetails.<initialise>b_0()
It then says 'A fatal error occured, iPlayer will now close'
I'm using .Net CF3.5, Coreplayer 136, wifi connection (sky)

Last edited:

fred_up

Jul 14, 2008
can you help, i've got a htc touch diamond & i've followed your instructions to the letter, i can browse everything but every time i try to click & view something it says,
Error:
i Player.exe, web exception, The remote server returned an error: (404) not found
at
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.finishGetResponse()
at
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at
iPlayer.ProgramDetails.GetRedirect()
at
iPlayer.ProgramDetails.LoadProgDetails()
at
iPlayer.ProgramDetails.<initialise>b_0()
It then says 'A fatal error occured, iPlayer will now close'
I'm using .Net CF3.5, Coreplayer 136, wifi connection (sky)

This iPlayer no longer works with the BBC as the BBC have updated their system.

The nearest solution is to install MyPlayer (basic), it has quite a lot of the BBC iPlayer programs (radio & TV) you can either stream or download them.

jasharrar

Apr 27, 2010
this saddens me, ive just got a toshiba tg01 with a massive screen pretty much just to watch stuff on. my player isnt great and i dont like the charge for full access to uk stuff. if you guys ever get bored please bring your iplayer to life-or at least send it to the bbc so they can finish it off.

oh for anyone who needs it i use skyfire web browser with tvcatchup.com

fred_up

Jul 14, 2008
this saddens me, ive just got a toshiba tg01 with a massive screen pretty much just to watch stuff on. my player isnt great and i dont like the charge for full access to uk stuff. if you guys ever get bored please bring your iplayer to life-or at least send it to the bbc so they can finish it off.

oh for anyone who needs it i use skyfire web browser with tvcatchup.com

The only downside of MyPlayer compared to this version of iPlayer (when it was working) is that not all programs were available - most were. I would check to see if you have the latest version of MyPlayer. Version 1.20 could not download any BBC programs for free. The version I have is 1.22 which does allow you to download a program for later watching at no cost. I think the payment is for non BBC programs.

I have MyPlayer installed on an HTC HD2. The picture quality is excellent.

Ricky_c

Jun 24, 2010
Great looking app...............

but it doesn't work on HTC HD2 :confused: is there a fix for this please?

nagagaya

Jan 29, 2008
help

Browse and stream content from the BBC's iPlayer.

090126122706590712.png

Features:
- Finger friendly UI including flick kinetic scrolling, swipe gestures and vibration feedback.
- Supports Nav Sensor and Stylus Removal (thanks koush)!
- Higher quality video/audio than Samsung User Agent hack (483x272 h.264 video stream).
- Browse content by Highlights, Popular, Channel/Station, Category or Date.
- Search for content and save history.
- Self updating and AppToDate support.
- Downloads video to device for later viewing (I download at home over wifi and then watch videos on the tube on the way to work).
- Video launched in your default player associated with '.mov' files.
- Radio shows launched in your default player associated with '.mp3' files.

This app works by impersonating an iPhone to access an unprotected mp4 file and then patching the index to allow immediate playback. Radio programs are downloaded as mp3s. Many thanks to the people who discovered this technique - see readme.txt for credits and further explanation. Note that this is in no way sanctioned by the BBC.

This is obviously a very data intensive application so I would recommend using over wi-fi or with an unlimited data plan.

Requirements:
- .Net framework 3.5.
- You also must be in the UK to use this. The BBC seem to block access over cellular data from some operators (e.g. Vodafone) . If this happens then please try over wifi & report your findings. Prelimanary proxy support has been introduced in v0.4. Edit the settings.xml to add a UK proxy.
- This app is only working for the VGA and WVGA devices at the moment. I may add support for other devices and screen resolutions in the future if there is enough interest.
- You need a video player capable of playing back the (h.264 + AAC) video. I use the commercial app CorePlayer which plays the files pretty well (benchmarks at 91%). You can also use this build of the free TCPMP which will play the files but benchmarks at around 61%. Either way you will need to associate '.mov' files with your player.

This has been a bit of a hobby project and is my first attempt at Windows Mobile development. I'm releasing it for free but if you find it useful then consider buying me a beer!

v0.5 cab attached below:

dear all
install as per instruction it give netframe error where i have already installed 3.5

moreover any solutoon whether i can use in qatar isp

BulovaP

Sep 17, 2010
Hudson Fl
Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in the US

I guess I will give up getting this in the US !!!
I have been through all these posts and have not come up with a way to get BBC Iplayer to work on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 !!!
I guess I am posting this in hopes someone says it is possible ...

Here is hoping......:confused:

taffy

Oct 15, 2007
Hi Nick, its great...howver I live in Bahrain and use a vpn to watch my TV. The VPN company tell me that this will work after setting up my VPN. I have done that but do you know how I turn on the VPN or once the setting are in is the VPN on all the time. Sorry I am really stupid when its comes to doing something with VPN's and the BBC

SSH

When my buddy was in Aus I opened an ssh tunnel on my xbox 1 (running damn small linux) so He could tunnel through my network to see Uk related sites like Iplayer.
If you don't understand how tunneling and vpn works ask a local who does. and can demonstrate it for you. It's simple when you know how but have to know how to manage your networking hardware to accept the connections.

maff90

Jan 12, 2009
this needs to be updated again, myplayer no longer supports bbc, (i haven't installed myplayer 2.0 for this reason) but i guess it will inevitably stop working, i only got myplayer for iplayer there's no point with out

ajlajluk

Nov 6, 2007
Dorset
iPlayer 0.5 not working

Really liked to look of this app so downloaded it and set it up this week but it does not work on my setup: HTC Touch Diamond, WM6.5. Have tried viewing iPlayer in PIE, Opera Mobile 10, Skyfire (wouldn't even load the app over WiFi!) and everything else I can think of.
Any suggestions to watch and particularly to download iPlayer on WM?
TIA