FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2013, 07:44 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
S3 unified toolkit v7.0
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the S3 toolkit 7.0 my device always shows up offline and when it gets to the debugging stage it just stays there. I've tried different ports, cables, installing and uninstalling all the drivers and different computers but it always does the same thing can someone help me?

10th June 2013, 09:00 AM |#1002  
Account currently disabled
Flag here there and everywhere
Thanks Meter: 384

More
stopping just one app from updating...
hello,
i'm using a s3 i9300, running latest omega rom, with latest perseus kernel. i am trying to find out how to stop just one app from updating. i have researched it, and found the information to be lacking. have seen posts where they say go to play, and click settings and stop udates, but when i got to play, and hit settings, there was no such option. so if anyone can explain to me how to stop one app from updating, while allowing all the others to continue, i would truly appreciate it.

cheers,
stevae
10th June 2013, 11:07 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Baseband and RIL
hi everyone, at last i rooted my GS^3 international with latest paranoid android but i do not know how to choose the correct baseband and RIL for this custom rom. Because of incompatible baseband and RIL my battery life is horrible even when not in use. I searched many forums but couldn't find a proper answer. Thanks in advance.
10th June 2013, 11:51 AM |#1004  
Flag Karlovac
Thanks Meter: 138

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igamnocsam

hi everyone, at last i rooted my GS^3 international with latest paranoid android but i do not know how to choose the correct baseband and RIL for this custom rom. Because of incompatible baseband and RIL my battery life is horrible even when not in use. I searched many forums but couldn't find a proper answer. Thanks in advance.

You can find the Baseband version by going into Settings > About phone > and scroll a bit down, right under "Android version".

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivaultUser

can someone suggest me apps to freeze apps that running in the background when I'm not using it ??? I've been using greenify and I think I need more options to test which one is better & not draining to much battery

If you disable their snyc'ing then they shouldn't run in the background if they are not neccessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to CCVader13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CCVader13 Ad-Free
10th June 2013, 01:14 PM |#1005  

More
rockchip codename?
The CM porting guide says to use ro.product.device for the codename but rockchip devices all have ro.product.device=rk30sdk even for different SoC like RK3066 and RK3188.

The codename property is always ro.build.version.codename=REL which doesn't help either.

Is there a suggested way to create a codename when the vendor does this?

Thanks!
10th June 2013, 02:26 PM |#1006  

More
Device Filter for GT-P3100
Hey guys!

This is my first post in this forum sorry if i'm such a noob.

I recently rooted my GT-P3100 (Galaxy Tab 2 7")

Before I want to manually update to Jelly Bean 4.12 (mine's currently running ICS 4.0.4), I did a lot of reading and realised that some users on this and other forums state that its important to backup my EFS using EFS Pro. I proceeded with downloading EFS pro and wanted to start backing up my EFS folder then i was told to choose a Device Filter. The default filters were:

1. Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
2. International LTE Variants
3. International Variants
4. SCH-I535, SGH-I747
5. SGH-I727

Being a noob, I only understood that I needed to select the right filter for my device and I have searched for a filter for my specific device but am unable to find one. Which of these 'default' filters should I use? Is there a filter specifically for my device which i need? Where can i get that filter?

Thanks in advanced!
10th June 2013, 03:37 PM |#1007  
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
script writing
hi

can anyone help or guide me how to edit or create my own udater-script? thanks a lot
10th June 2013, 04:56 PM |#1008  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question Trying to buy app from different region
Hi,

My apologies if this is wrong thread for this type of question.

I am trying to buy the application from link below:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nowpro.nar03 (add http to the from of the line, as link is blocked, as I have not written much even I am visiting this site for 2 years or so)
When I tried getting it on market - it says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices", when I try downloading it on the phone it says the app is not compatible with my region I am from (UK). I tried on two different phones.

I did some research (including xda developers) and tried Market Enabler, Market Unlocker, VPN (and combinations of those 3) but no joy so far. I tried fiddling with my google account settings but no difference what-so-ever.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get around regional "lock" and buy it?
10th June 2013, 05:44 PM |#1009  
Flag mumbai

More
Xperia sl is not starting in Normal and not even in Flash mode
i have downloaded Xrecovery s/w from "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1288223&page=12" which downloads recovery for respective Phones and after that i entered into recovery and flashed cwm6010touch_INSTALL.zip after that my LT26ii is dead ...pls help
10th June 2013, 06:15 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Coby Kyros suddenly bricked.
Its a Coby Kyros with jellybean android. I rooted it with the instructions given in this thread as an answer to my questions. It all worked perfectly until now: my mom is the one who always uses it and she always tend to hold the power button long enough not just to unlock it but to force shut down it. i have told her many times not to yet she always forget. Earlier this afternoon, I used it perfectly, played a few games, and locked it. When she came home and used it, after a while, she called me and said it was already stuck at the "coby screen".

I have tried powering it down and tunring on, also tried the reset button at the back but didnt work. Btw, all it has is the power button, and the small reset button. Am i doing something wrong to factory reset it? could other measures be done? I really want to know because I think we cant go to the service centers of coby because it is rooted and will void the warranty(?)

Thank you for your answers.
10th June 2013, 07:15 PM |#1011  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Hi I believe to enter recovery mode you need to turn the device off then hold the Back and Power buttons simultaneously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)