Worked great for me and saved my life!

17th March 2013, 07:27 AM |#22  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Re: [Fix]Unknown error code during application install: "-24"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qewbicle

I don't know the cause. I have noticed that it has happened on different devices, there have been assumptions if it's because of a specific kernel or rom, although it may be, I beg to differ. I feel it is happening during the Android Upgrading Apps # of # process.

I noticed that this error pops up on most of the apps that I had installed, but are not there after my update. So far with me, it happened only to my paid apps, but not all of them.

When the app disappears, android thinks it's missing, but some files think it is still installed.

Regularly when you install an app over itself, there is a notice telling you that the application info will remain. That's where the problem lies once an app mysteriously disappears. Because part of it is still installed.

Go to

/data/data/

and search for your

com.application-address.whatever-it-may-be

Some of them you can tell what they are just by the names, the others, google-em.
If you wish to keep the information that it contains for the app, I recommend making a copy of it first.

Delete it

Install the application, it'll work, trust me.

Now replace it with your copy.

Done.

Stop factoring resetting if you don't want to. Of course, if you have a lot missing, it might be better.

If someone can automate this process by making something check the com.address to installed apps, that would be awesome.

Worked awesomely, only caveat, I couldn't delete the com folders, but I could add a. bak the end, served the same purpose, now I'm back in business, my eternal gratitude, friend

sent from my ET4G on Paranoid Android using XDA Developers App in hybrid mode
30th March 2013, 04:31 AM |#23  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked for me too! Thanks!
31st March 2013, 05:47 PM |#24  
Flag Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
So, as someone else posted...what if WITH root access, there is NO data/data folder... I own MyBackup Pro and can't install it again...What sucks, is that I have a full backup (does it nightly) using that app....and I can't install my back up because I can't install the app anymore.

So, any ideas???

Greg

And yes, same as others...getting this error on every app I own...
31st March 2013, 06:15 PM |#25  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 10

More
It mostly means the apk is not compatible with your specific device^^
You might take another costum rom
31st March 2013, 06:22 PM |#26  
Flag Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Ok.. This was interesting... I enabled file manager with root....still didn't see the the data/data folder

I used 4EXT to FIX PERMISSIONS. Once the phone rebooted, data/data was there. Deleted the folders of the apps that wouldn't install, all is great now!!!!!

Thanks for this thread!

Greg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpectroPro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpectroPro Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 03:46 PM |#27  

More
Hi i didn't work for me i ve deleted the file in in data/data i ve wiped cache and dalvik but i still can't install the app ...What could i try?
5th April 2013, 04:21 PM |#28  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasticot

Hi i didn't work for me i ve deleted the file in in data/data i ve wiped cache and dalvik but i still can't install the app ...What could i try?

Did you try logging out of google play by removing your google account(s), and then relogging in with one after clearing data on google app framework and the play store? That seems to work for some things...

sent from my ET4G on Paranoid Android using XDA Developers App in hybrid mode
The Following User Says Thank You to kchannel9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kchannel9 Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 05:18 PM |#29  

More
Thumbs up
Thanks. Totally worked for me to reinstall dropbox.
7th April 2013, 10:33 PM |#30  
Flag West Lafayette
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
now I'm getting error code 923....
22nd April 2013, 01:38 AM |#31  

More
No root, no way out ?
Hi all,
I came to this thread with just the same error installing Google Currents after having it installed b4.
The thing is I just reset flash counter, went back to stock and unrooted cause I was having freezing troubles with my SGS 3, so I was warried that I had to take it to customers' service on my warranty.
Now, my question is, there isnt any way out this install problem that doesn't require root access, cause I'd like to stay all stock and un-rooted for a few days to keep and eye on my other issue ..

Thank you all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)