Linux and Android for Vogue [kernel thread]

Search This thread

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
latest kernel - type 1 panel not working

Hi,
I have 2 kaisers one has panel type 1 and one has panel type 2.
No problems with the type 2 panel and the latest kernel.
But regarding the type 1 panel...

using atools I try dmzo´s latest kernel and set it to type 1 kaiser and the screen looks ok. using the latest kernel here again using atools to set it to kaiser and type 1 the screen does not look ok (looks the same as when setting the wrong panel type)

again using atools kernel 2.6.25 works fine (but it is not so good with battery usage so I would really like to have the latest 2.6.32 kernel working with type 1 panel)

I also tried autodetect in atools but same story: screen looking wrong

Josue_181

Jun 25, 2008
Quito
my.opera.com
The kernel 2.6.25 has lower battery performance with respect to kernel 2.6.32? If so I change now the kernel because it is one of the biggest complaints I have about Android on this computer (vogue) that the battery does not last at all.

Josue_181

Jun 25, 2008
Quito
my.opera.com
There is a difference whether or not in the use of the battery in Android if you use kernel 2.6.25 or 2.6.32, as casacristo mention that I liked not battery with kernel 2.6.25 me stay with the doubt whether there is better performance of the battery using the kernel 2.6.32.

I would like to that they respond me, currently I use kernel 2.6.25

projectghost

Jan 19, 2011
need some help guys,

i have an htc touch p3450 omap850 processor
ive downloaded the VaniljFroyo_RLS2 at //sourceforge.net/apps/trac/androidhtc/wiki/WikiStart

I was able to save the

haret.exe
default.txt
androidinstall..tar
initrd.gz
zimage

on the boot of my memcard

when i run the haret.exe, im getting the initial kernel screen then it will just go to a white screen,

i tried to change the value in the default.txt for board-htcvogue.panel_type to 1,2 and 3

did i miss anything?..i really need the help..thanks

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
need some help guys,

i have an htc touch p3450 omap850 processor
ive downloaded the VaniljFroyo_RLS2 at //sourceforge.net/apps/trac/androidhtc/wiki/WikiStart

I was able to save the

haret.exe
default.txt
androidinstall..tar
initrd.gz
zimage

on the boot of my memcard

when i run the haret.exe, im getting the initial kernel screen then it will just go to a white screen,

i tried to change the value in the default.txt for board-htcvogue.panel_type to 1,2 and 3

did i miss anything?..i really need the help..thanks

This project doesn't run on OMAP. It runs on qualcomm msm.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

im_jase

Feb 21, 2011
Upper Hutt
How to make data connection and settings

Hi there, I'm ned to this thread and have install the android 2.3 onto my Okta Touch (HTC Vogue) and it works great, Thanks! Can anyone help me get the data connection going on telecoms network? I assume any settings are different to the XT data system, If someone can help step me through it I'd be very greatful.

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
Hi there, I'm ned to this thread and have install the android 2.3 onto my Okta Touch (HTC Vogue) and it works great, Thanks! Can anyone help me get the data connection going on telecoms network? I assume any settings are different to the XT data system, If someone can help step me through it I'd be very greatful.

In settings..wireless & networks..mobile networks..access points names, press menu, new apn and create an apn with username: mobile@jamamobile and password: telecom

This should work but it will be slow now that they have switched off the evdo network.

Reactions: im_jase

im_jase

Feb 21, 2011
Upper Hutt
Thanks dzo, I created an APN as you said, and in the status bar I get a grey symbol with two arrows above it(which means no data service?) I assume I don't have to fill in proxy, port, server, mmsc, mms proxy, mms port, mcc(310), MNC(260), authentication type or apn type can I be missing something else?

khawar4m

Apr 9, 2010
Will it work in HTC himaliya?

I have HTC himaliya and i want to run android on it.

i just want to know is it possible? if yes then how?

regeland

Aug 10, 2009
Opinion: Most efficient current kernel & build?

For the senior members. What kernel (x.25 vs x.32 etc) and build is the most reliable right now? I've tried most of them and love all the builds, but have a hard time keeping up with all the improvements!

I'm looking for the kernel that gives the best "simple phone" experience. In other words, good battery life, minimal crashes, working GPS and data, and fast response (for calls and SMS at least).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
For the senior members. What kernel (x.25 vs x.32 etc) and build is the most reliable right now? I've tried most of them and love all the builds, but have a hard time keeping up with all the improvements!

I'm looking for the kernel that gives the best "simple phone" experience. In other words, good battery life, minimal crashes, working GPS and data, and fast response (for calls and SMS at least).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I would say there are two options regarding the kernel:
1. if you want USB drive connectivity - use 10-10-4? .25 kernel (can't remember offhand the exact date). This seems to be a great kernel in terms of battery life and stability. No crashes in over a month using Inc v12. Only problem is that you don't have App2SD using .25 kernel, the system unmounts the SD card if you try to put an app on the SD.
2. If you want App2SD you need to give up USB connectivity and use the latest .32 kernel. Still fairly stable with most versions of Froyo, but I have had a couple of lock-ups. Battery life is comparable I think.

I've left the .25 kernel on my wife's phone and she hasn't complained about the phone anymore. .32 is on my phone just because I keep running out of room on the phone. That said, I have had mixed results with App2SD as well since sometimes the applications just don't work.

Evan.Anderson

Apr 3, 2008
So apps2sd is officially working then?

I would say there are two options regarding the kernel:
1. if you want USB drive connectivity - use 10-10-4? .25 kernel (can't remember offhand the exact date). This seems to be a great kernel in terms of battery life and stability. No crashes in over a month using Inc v12. Only problem is that you don't have App2SD using .25 kernel, the system unmounts the SD card if you try to put an app on the SD.
2. If you want App2SD you need to give up USB connectivity and use the latest .32 kernel. Still fairly stable with most versions of Froyo, but I have had a couple of lock-ups. Battery life is comparable I think.

I've left the .25 kernel on my wife's phone and she hasn't complained about the phone anymore. .32 is on my phone just because I keep running out of room on the phone. That said, I have had mixed results with App2SD as well since sometimes the applications just don't work.

I only ask because it doesn't work for some apps. I installed robo defense and it works great from sd, but angry birds does not. Are there any posts that reference best practices/tricks of the trade with apps2sd. I've found regardless if I unmount the sd card while running, I'll lose my apps on sd. They still show under manage applications, but can't access them in launcher. I've been using astro to put 'em back for now, but sometimes I install an app and the sdcard never remounts, then I reboot to find all apps on sd card gone.

MrShoe

Nov 9, 2007
How do I change the Kernal

I was able to NAND install kernal .32, but want to change it to a .25
Since .32 does not go into USB mode I cant use RUU to change it.

What step do I follow to change it?

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
I was able to NAND install kernal .32, but want to change it to a .25
Since .32 does not go into USB mode I cant use RUU to change it.

What step do I follow to change it?

You need to place your phone in boot loader mode (stylus in reset hole plus cam plus power buttons at the same time). Then you should be able to use ruu.

However if memory serves me well, you should be able to simply place the new zimage in your sd card and update it through the recovery.

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so my stability argument was based on desktop distro's. I'm sure i'm in over my head but i would just like to have linux running on my phone...so i can boot right to it no windows at all....
    It's great you guys are adventurous enough to do this. And I have nothing against pioneering but you people are getting so excited over a basic shell if that. Thanks but I prefer my phone to be usable with hundreds of thousands of applications to choose from... Can you whip up that many apps real quick like? For some reason people think there are a zillion people waiting to program for Android and not for Windows Mobile... That's not the case. It will take YEARS before Android is competitive if at all. And most of the apps are going to look all homebrew and rudamentary. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    just tried it, the calendar comes up now but when I go to my calendars I get an error saying "Sorry the process com.android.calendar has stopped unexpectedly"
    Thi swill probably sound really stupid but I am enw to the boards, is there anyway of putting Android on a LG Voyager? I love androids interface and would love to not have to switch plans to get it (plus I can't waitlol)
    I've fixed wifi on the 2.6.32 kernel. Attached is the new module, put it in /system/lib/modules. You'll also need the very latest kernel. I made some very big changes to the sd driver so this could break other things..