[Q] Cyanogenmod decreases battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Siddharth12345

Mar 6, 2012
Hi,
I am currently an owner of Samsung galaxy i5801. Its been over a year since i got the phone. The problem started when my battery started draining like hell. If I am on a call for about 20-40 mins the mobile would get switched off and if I would charge for 10 secs it would show charge as 50%. So to get rid of this problem i decided to flash cyanogenmod7.1.0-gt-i5800-kang on my device (one of my friends suggested me to). So now my device has android 2.3.7. But the condition changed from bad to worse. Now, the call last only for a couple of minutes, the battery keeps continuously draining (at the rate of 1% per minute) and if i connect the charger the battery immediately shows 100%. I am totally clueless and need some serious advice:confused:.
Thanks in advance.

strofo

Mar 10, 2011
Bratislava
I have the same issue on CM7 with g3mod kernel. I try to calibrate battery, but it doesn't help. Problem is solved after buying new battery from Kyrillos post in accesories.

with Beats Audio

Reactions: Siddharth12345

ondravik

Mar 28, 2011
Yep, this seems to be a battery problem, buy a new one. I had these problems with an year and half old phone too, new battery solved it.

artifex21

Mar 3, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Poco F3

ak700

Nov 5, 2010
25.00° N, 71.00° W
IT'S A BATTERY PROBLEM!!
I had used the stock battery for about 1 and a half year. Sometime ago it would charge till 100% in couple of seconds and then if I would remove it from charge, phone would get switched off automatically.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda premium

manish19

Mar 19, 2011
Kolkata
Got a new battery

I am on Cm 7 a7 and was having similar problems. So i got a new battery just today evening. i hav put it in and m using it(haven't charged it yet) so that i can completely drain it and charge it properly.
Do I need to calibrate the battery after full charge? I'm using CM 1.3 HV kernel. what sort of battery life are u ppl getting? I do not want to use set cpu, so i have just set max cpu freq to 800 and governor to lagfree in cynogenmod performance settings. will that do?

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
I am on Cm 7 a7 and was having similar problems. So i got a new battery just today evening. i hav put it in and m using it(haven't charged it yet) so that i can completely drain it and charge it properly.
Do I need to calibrate the battery after full charge? I'm using CM 1.3 HV kernel. what sort of battery life are u ppl getting? I do not want to use set cpu, so i have just set max cpu freq to 800 and governor to lagfree in cynogenmod performance settings. will that do?

last time on very hard 3g(battery eater) usage...and bunch of other stuff running along i got 20hrs(temperature was 38-39C) oc at 800 conservative governor & 3 setcpu profiles...my battery is 1year old...with moderate usage with 3g never off...i still reach 30-35hrs mark..that's good for my old battery..
about calibration...well you can do it...but even without calibration it should calibrate by itself after 3-4 full charge and discharge cycles...setcpu profiles can help u to gain some more battery life too:p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Kyrillos' ROM v10 GWK74 beta