All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Turbo mode in Opera Mobile 10 beta1 is definitely a step down from 9.7beta. 9.7beta did it quite fast... 15 seconds for a page that now takes a minute in 10beta with Turbo. It seems to only reduce image quality but is just as slow as non-Turbo loading. It looks like there is no proxy server being used to compress the pages ...and only our device is doing the image reduction processing?

dertnberny

Nov 23, 2009
I notice that you cannot use some drop down menus with 10. I have 9.5 on my phone, and there is no noticeable difference in speed between the 2 on my phone. 9.5 works more fluidly with my hardware as well. Im uninstalling it (10)

slumpey326

Oct 14, 2009
I installed an opera browser 9.7 version but didnt like it so I uninstalled it. I am trying to install a different opera browser 9.7 version but when I try to do it, I get a message saying I dont have system permission to install. How do I get around this message.

calsi

Nov 25, 2009
Set up Start Error

I have downloaded G-Sensor and Regedit. But when I hit the setup button they open up Opera 10 with "file:// local host/Documents%20and%20Settings/Registry/ Setup.xml" and nothing happens. I need to use these cab. files as I am trying to get Opera 10 as the default browser and the G-Sensor to auto rotate. Can anyone help.

I have Touch Pro 2

Thanks.

RaymondScrott

Dec 7, 2008
London
Google Pixel 6
Back up Bookmarks

Quite like the new tree structure for the bookmarks in Opera 10. However they take a while to set up and inevitably have to do hard reset from time to time. So can these bookmarks be faithfully backed up and restored?

Thanks

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
Quite like the new tree structure for the bookmarks in Opera 10. However they take a while to set up and inevitably have to do hard reset from time to time. So can these bookmarks be faithfully backed up and restored?
Thanks
Found this in another thread from a fellow board member.
Checked it and it seems to work
Could be a Sashimi task to get it done prior flashing...

THE-COPS

Nov 3, 2009
Florida
For those of you having trouble installing some versions of Opera Mobile (eg.. You are getting a message that you do not have the permissions ), you need to close the built-in version of Opera that came stock on your phone/device. The process "Opera9.exe" must NOT be running during another Opera install. If it does not show up in task manager, go to Dot Freds Task Manager and download FdcTaskManager 3.1. Install it then run. Go into the services screen and select "PushInternetService" and set to MANUAL START. Close the task manager and reboot your phone/device. Once restarted, the stock version of Opera Mobile will no longer be running every time you turn on your phone/device. It will only be running again IF you launch your stock version by clicking on the Opera icon, in that case, just open FdcTask Manager and kill the process "Opera9.exe". It should successfully kill the process without having it restarted (which Push Internet service does).

You may now install a different version of Opera Mobile without permission errors.

This information should be posted on the first page of this thread. It is important info and would avoid having other newbs from asking the same question over again .. like I did :p

bluenote73

Jan 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have a few annoying problems:

1) initial overview view is too zoomed out, and no intermediate zoom levels doesnt help.

2) scrolling vertically while zoomed used to have a tolerance for horizontal "slop" , but no longer. how can i regain this?

thanks

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
Wooohoooo Opera Mobile 10 beta 2 is available right now! Download on Opera's website

The main improvements from the previous betas are (source):

-Opera Link
-Download manager
-UI is more finger-friendly on touch devices
-Possible to manage search engines
-Opera remembers page position and zoom state when moving in history
-Column snapping also on touch
-Better memory management
-Fix for mobile view crash
-Start page available from touch menu
-Lots of minor bug fixes
-Clear cache setting

Windows Mobile (only):

-Asks whether to set Opera as default browser on install
-Fix for crash on startup (occurred on some devices due to encoding in bookmarks that were imported)
-Shortcut support

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts