944 posts
Thanks Meter: 542

By Ilko, Senior Member on 17th November 2012, 11:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2015, 03:53 PM |#51  
Flag Calarasi
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Unfortunately, Orange Romania doesn't seems to be aware of the current EU legislation. They just cancelled my warranty of the LG G2 , main reason seems to be that i've rooted the device.
I sent for warranty, for the famous yellow spot on the screen . Even if i sent it with stock firmware, unroot, it was useless.
I will do however complaint to the consumer protection association.
However, I am very intrigued by the fact that I really do not think famous yellow spot appeared fromthe installation of custom firmware.

9th July 2015, 01:11 PM |#52  
Flag Trento
Thanks Meter: 407

Donate to Me
More
So, with Knox tripped the warranty will be OK anyway?
9th July 2015, 04:35 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 20,115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENN3R

So, with Knox tripped the warranty will be OK anyway?

Legally, yes, but if they play hard, you'll have to take them to court. You're still the "small one" and they are the "big one".

Legally they have to prove that what you did caused the failure (whatever it is). Also, according to the legal text, the seller is liable (will have to pay), not the OEM !

JP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yank555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yank555 Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 12:00 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
In Slovenia mentioning this directive didn't help. They said rooting cancels your warranty and my phone had a faulty screen (they said screen is detaching from the phone so nothing software could do and i had stock rom 5.01 on my note 4) ...
30th April 2016, 08:41 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Note 4 root
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brezi6

In Slovenia mentioning this directive didn't help. They said rooting cancels your warranty and my phone had a faulty screen (they said screen is detaching from the phone so nothing software could do and i had stock rom 5.01 on my note 4) ...

Did you tell them about the law? If so, what did they say? I'm thinking about rooting my Note 4 but still not sure about the warranty.
9th June 2016, 12:47 AM |#56  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I was sent here by TycerX, I had started my own thread on my current progress with Motorola Support as they have invalidated my warranty when I sent mine back because of the wretched "Green Line" screen issue.

Just wanted to know if anyone successfully changed an OEM's decision after spouting this EU directive?
I'm currently trying to do this by complaining to Motorola via resolver.co.uk and mentioned this directive and how modifying the software has nothing to do with a wide-spread recognised screen issue.
So much for that 4 year screen warranty / indestructible screen B.S. Motorola were spewing all over their adverts. NEVER listen to adverts!
9th June 2016, 12:10 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan1989

I was sent here by TycerX, I had started my own thread on my current progress with Motorola Support as they have invalidated my warranty when I sent mine back because of the wretched "Green Line" screen issue.

Just wanted to know if anyone successfully changed an OEM's decision after spouting this EU directive?
I'm currently trying to do this by complaining to Motorola via resolver.co.uk and mentioned this directive and how modifying the software has nothing to do with a wide-spread recognised screen issue.
So much for that 4 year screen warranty / indestructible screen B.S. Motorola were spewing all over their adverts. NEVER listen to adverts!

Official answer from Motorola:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X-.../3202233#M5570
Quote:

To sum up and clarify:

Unlocking the bootloader will show your warranty as void.
However, if an unrelated physical material failure should occur, such as a bad volume rocker or a failed speaker, it will be covered if the phone shows no signs of physical abuse. The key is that the problem can’t be traced to software or abuse…
The above guidelines are applicable in the US only. Policies differ by region/country.

The Following User Says Thank You to savahu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift savahu Ad-Free
9th June 2016, 09:26 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
The problem with the law is that it works sl-o-o-o-o-o-w.

If you have to fight for your right to warranty repairs in court, you'll probably win. But that can take many years, especially when the seller appeals the first judgement and drags things out in the even slower EU courts of appeal. By the time the judges have done their job you've won the right to have an old obsolete phone repaired that you've already replaced twice by newer models. You probably can't even find that old phone anymore under all the spider webs.
4th July 2016, 03:53 PM |#59  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thank you guys for all your help, I was able to get Motorola to cough up a new phone for me.
Details posted on my thread, thanks again guys.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...1#post67600961
15th March 2017, 04:23 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 164

Donate to Me
More
So, what about the G5 H850?

LG says "Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by LG warranty."
It doesn't talk about root or anything, but about unlocking the bootloader.

Since they stated this: Can I still use LG warranty, based on EU 1999 Directive or anything that I missed?

It will get an infinite loop since the seller needs to give the warranty and the LG will deny it?

There is a way to get the warranty?
The product has 2 problems, Screen Burn in and GPS, it is a hardware problem, not caused by the root.
25th March 2017, 12:24 AM |#61  
Flag Levice
Thanks Meter: 57

More
In our country sellers are well protected against it.
The mobile operator refuses to sell the phone while you don't, sign conditions in Which it is stated that the guarantee does not apply when you do something with system.

Now i have Xperia XZ but i can't even use it. Everything usable needs root. (e.g. GLTools, Sixaxis enabler, Xposed...)

cb
Quote:

Article 7
Warranty does not cover defects telecommunications equipment and accessories that after takeover
a) caused by the buyer or another (third) person by mechanical or other damage or incurring
and regardless of their actions damage in situations of force majeure,
b) resulting from improper usage, unauthorized use for purposes other than those for which they are intended
their nature or their use in conjunction with other equipment that the manufacturer or seller
permitted or not recommended
c) incurred as a result
ca) Unauthorized modification and repairs carried out otherwise than under the complaint procedure warranty repairs
under the terms of the claims procedure or the other as a seller in the warranty
destination or other provable way the buyer notified authorized service
resorts,
cb) other obvious improper interventions in these or any other handling that
It was contrary to the instructions thereto, warranty terms and in them the instructions and explicit
or notify the buyer if the defects were caused by buyer storage, use
aleb of storing in a damp, dusty, chemically aggressive or otherwise inappropriate environment or
the postponement or deposit in a place with such an environment,
d) in other cases specified in the warranty card and instruction of their manufacturer or seller.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)