FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX][AOSP][MIUI] All GPS fixes!

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 273
 
By galandy, Member on 20th June 2011, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2011, 06:23 AM |#11  
issafram's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester Hills
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Why in ****s name has the CM team not merged the Vision driver into gerrit???

Does anybody know the reason? Please don't say because they haven't got to it yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
 
 
24th June 2011, 02:04 AM |#12  
ViViDboarder's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 628
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by issafram

Why in ****s name has the CM team not merged the Vision driver into gerrit???

Does anybody know the reason? Please don't say because they haven't got to it yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Because there is no source. No blobs yo.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to ViViDboarder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2011, 02:14 AM |#13  
SantinoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 796
 
More
GALANDY:

Many thanks for posting this up. The only complaint I have is that there are too many options to choose from. Isn't there one single best option out of the lot of them? Can we flash these one after the other to see what works best or will that f*ck things up?

Once again, thanks for posting all these fixes for the AOSP roms...this problem can be so annoying for those of us that use the navigation feature that we want to go back to Sense!
24th June 2011, 02:38 AM |#14  
issafram's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester Hills
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViViDboarder

Because there is no source. No blobs yo.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Are .so files that difficult to reverse engineer? I have reverse engineered .class files for Java and obviously .NET stuff is easy to do simply through .NET Reflector for stuff like this, but I have no clue what .so files are...like what programming language was used? What compiler, etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
24th June 2011, 04:19 AM |#15  
galandy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 273
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc

GALANDY:

Many thanks for posting this up. The only complaint I have is that there are too many options to choose from. Isn't there one single best option out of the lot of them? Can we flash these one after the other to see what works best or will that f*ck things up?

I would say go with the Qualcomm Vision driver if it works for you. That works perfectly for me. Yes, you can flash one driver after the other with no issues. And if ever want to revert to the standard driver provided by CM, just flash THIS and you will be back where you started.
24th June 2011, 09:47 PM |#16  
Member
Flag Provo
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galandy

[*]EVO Gingerbread GPS Driver - Driver from the official gingerbread update. Some people are having success with these on AOSP roms (but check for cpu usage). Thread HERE and HERE (thanks itlnstln and JusticeAA)

Any chance we can get a flashable zip of this? Is that possible? I'm not programming savvy or I would try myself. I'm on CM7 nightlies and it's a pain to have to go through all those steps each time I flash a new nightly. Thanks!
24th June 2011, 09:55 PM |#17  
galandy's Avatar
OP Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 273
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid687

Any chance we can get a flashable zip of this? Is that possible? I'm not programming savvy or I would try myself. I'm on CM7 nightlies and it's a pain to have to go through all those steps each time I flash a new nightly. Thanks!

Here you go. But just so you know, this driver seems to cause a high cpu usage / wake locks on non-Sense roms.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPS_EVO_GB_Driver_Flash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (39.8 KB, 2391 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to galandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galandy Ad-Free
24th June 2011, 10:17 PM |#18  
ViViDboarder's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 628
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by issafram

Are .so files that difficult to reverse engineer? I have reverse engineered .class files for Java and obviously .NET stuff is easy to do simply through .NET Reflector for stuff like this, but I have no clue what .so files are...like what programming language was used? What compiler, etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I believe that all the android device layer stuff is all C. And I've never even tried to reverse it. But that's basically the CM driver then.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
24th June 2011, 11:01 PM |#19  
Member
Flag Provo
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galandy

Here you go. But just so you know, this driver seems to cause a high cpu usage / wake locks on non-Sense roms.

Dang you're right. The actual GPS works great, but I was having wakelock issues that I didn't notice. Thanks again.
25th June 2011, 07:33 AM |#20  
issafram's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester Hills
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViViDboarder

I believe that all the android device layer stuff is all C. And I've never even tried to reverse it. But that's basically the CM driver then.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

no they are different because one works and one is buggy as hell (basically doesn't work). If we can reverse engineer the Vision driver, we can then merge "new" GPS code into Gerrit for the Supersonic.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
25th June 2011, 09:32 PM |#21  
raphenucleus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Hey galandy! Thanks for starting this thread and putting all of the GPS fixes into one place! You might want to consider adding this fix into the OP, though. I realize it's just a variant of the Sense GPS fix, but maybe it'll work for people when the Sense does not, since it involves flashing into the latest OTA with the latest stock GPS drivers. I'm guessing most people who do the standard Sense GPS fix are restoring an old 2.2 version of Sense and this has the potential to be problematic and not fix the issue for some. The standard Sense fix still works great for me (I did it the other day), but I know it doesn't for everyone, so maybe this will fix it for those people. Just a thought. Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drivers, fix, gps, gps drivers, gps fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes