97 posts
Thanks Meter: 273

By galandy, Member on 20th June 2011, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2011, 09:32 PM |#21  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Hey galandy! Thanks for starting this thread and putting all of the GPS fixes into one place! You might want to consider adding this fix into the OP, though. I realize it's just a variant of the Sense GPS fix, but maybe it'll work for people when the Sense does not, since it involves flashing into the latest OTA with the latest stock GPS drivers. I'm guessing most people who do the standard Sense GPS fix are restoring an old 2.2 version of Sense and this has the potential to be problematic and not fix the issue for some. The standard Sense fix still works great for me (I did it the other day), but I know it doesn't for everyone, so maybe this will fix it for those people. Just a thought. Thanks again!

26th June 2011, 09:05 PM |#22  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Well I tried the Gingerbread driver and it caused 100% CPU usage. I'm not having much luck with these alternative GPS drivers.

Kingdom caused 100% CPU
Evo Gingerbread caused 100% CPU
HTC Vision Driver seems to drain my battery even though I don't see any 100% CPU issues or wakelock.
N39 doesn't seem to work real great...GPS will work and then just shut off. Guess I need to do the Sense fix.

Is anyone else seeing battery drain with the Vision driver? I can't be the only one. I'm on HW 003. Running CM7 stable and nightly builds with all different types of kernels and I've seen this issue.
26th June 2011, 10:28 PM |#23  
Flag Dallas, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBrent

Well I tried the Gingerbread driver and it caused 100% CPU usage. I'm not having much luck with these alternative GPS drivers.

Kingdom caused 100% CPU
Evo Gingerbread caused 100% CPU
HTC Vision Driver seems to drain my battery even though I don't see any 100% CPU issues or wakelock.
N39 doesn't seem to work real great...GPS will work and then just shut off. Guess I need to do the Sense fix.

Is anyone else seeing battery drain with the Vision driver? I can't be the only one. I'm on HW 003. Running CM7 stable and nightly builds with all different types of kernels and I've seen this issue.

I've been having the exact same experience as you with all of the drivers. After testing the CM7 n39 driver some more, I've found that neither the standard Sense GPS fix nor the one I mentioned in my post above completely fixes the occasional GPS icon hangover in the status bar. I only get this when I open and close Maps or Navigation many times in rapid succession or try to use GPS in an area with poor GPS reception (like inside away from the windows), so it's not that big of a deal, but it also doesn't function as well as the Vision driver, so right now I'm retesting the Vision driver to see if I still get the same battery drain problem after flashing the latest radios from Calkulin. I haven't had much time to test this yet, but I'll let you know if I have any success. If I don't, I may just go back to the CM7 n39 driver and accept that I'll have to sacrifice some GPS functionality for battery life.
26th June 2011, 10:35 PM |#24  
Flag Olathe, KS

More
Cool. Keep posting updates. I'm trying out the vision driver with Tiamat 3.3.7 now.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
27th June 2011, 06:39 PM |#25  
Flag Olathe, KS

More
Well my issues with the Vision GPS driver appear to be no more. It doesn't seem to be causing me battery drain now. I went down to Tiamat 3.3.7 but I'm not sure if that made any difference or not. Now I have a perfectly functioning CM7 with a great GPS driver.
28th June 2011, 03:45 AM |#26  
Flag Dallas, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBrent

Well my issues with the Vision GPS driver appear to be no more. It doesn't seem to be causing me battery drain now. I went down to Tiamat 3.3.7 but I'm not sure if that made any difference or not. Now I have a perfectly functioning CM7 with a great GPS driver.

That's great news! My issues seem to have gone away too. I've been using the Vision GPS driver for over a day now and it doesn't seem to be causing any excess battery drain anymore. My phone's been on for 28.5 hours and I still have 39% of battery left. The only thing I can think of that I've done differently is I've flashed back to the latest radios from Calkulin without flashing the "2.15_003" NV from this post. Now I'm seeing about 1.5% battery drain per hour in areas where I have good reception (like at home) and about 3% battery drain per hour in areas where I have poor reception (like at work). Right now I'm going to try the pokelock phone fix from here and see if that improves anything.
28th June 2011, 04:03 AM |#27  
Flag Olathe, KS

More
That's awesome. I flashed Calkulin's combo file and applied the phone fix as well. I guess maybe it doesn't like some of the old radios/PRI? At any rate, I'm happy. I will give it one more night to see how it does. I use my phone too much throughout the day to really monitor battery loss, so the only way I can really tell is if I get a lot of battery drain at night.
28th June 2011, 04:10 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
+1 Make this a sticky
29th June 2011, 06:51 PM |#29  
Flag Olathe, KS

More
With the Vision driver, my battery drained bigtime overnight last night. Checking spare parts, my "Sensor Usage" for Google Maps was like 8 hrs, so I assume that was a wakelock of sorts. I just can't win with the Vision driver. I flashed the N39 Driver after doing the Sense fix and it seems to work ok.
18th July 2011, 04:47 PM |#30  
OP Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Arrow New GPS drivers! v1.1
Here is an update to the Qualcomm Vision drivers. It's based on a newer revision of the drivers so they might perform better for some people. Working pretty well on my Evo. Any feedback?

The file is flashable from any recovery.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPS_Supersonic_FIX_Flash3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (177.5 KB, 32557 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to galandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galandy Ad-Free
18th July 2011, 06:33 PM |#31  
Flag Land of Oz
Thanks Meter: 1,047

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galandy

Here is an update to the Qualcomm Vision drivers. It's based on a newer revision of the drivers so they might perform better for some people. Working pretty well on my Evo. Any feedback?

The file is flashable from any recovery.

thx, so far so good. let ya know how it goez
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drivers, fix, gps, gps drivers, gps fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)