More
Awesome Guide.....!!!!!!!

Was looking for this all over Finally U Mister had wrote it so well

Kudos to you keep it coming
28th February 2014, 06:49 AM |#23  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Great guide dev. Was looking for info on how to dump system, and yours was perfect; very easy to follow!
3rd March 2014, 01:33 PM |#24  
Flag /
Thanks Meter: 333

Donate to Me
More
Question Awesome work mate
When on windows i found it easier to copy contents of platform tools and any file to push to system32 folder

then run cmd and use adb from anywhere ! sooo much less typing in general

also i had to set permissions to system folders using root browser (including dump target folder) chmod would not do it for me

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayedFox

Hey, great guide! I need some help but. I can't retrieve the common names / labels of my devices partitions. It's a GT-i8150 and there is no 'by-name' sub directory. Furthermore, parted does not work on mmcblk0 for some reason (unable to satisfy partition restraints or something). I also have no emmc file in proc.

Does anyone know how some other methods for getting the names of the partitions?

EDIT:

Another question - using ADB shell, is it possible to dump a partition straight from the phone onto the computers hard drive? My little 2GB sd card isn't coping! Thanks

adb shell can see windows folders as read only file system
maybe on linux ? will test and see
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYVIP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IGGYVIP Ad-Free
9th March 2014, 07:24 PM |#25  
Flag Donosti
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Hi! Thanks for u post.
I'm doing this, but when i dump param.lsf i get a bad file, i open in hex editor and the hex code is 00 in all file.
Any idea? Thanks!

PD: S7275R (Galaxy Ace 3 LTE version). With stock firmware S7275RXXUAMHH-
26th March 2014, 06:56 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've successfully dumped an image with a size of 1.8GB, but now i want to create the SDCard-image, but thats up to 25GB i guess! How can i dump this rom direct to my PC? Because i can't save this on my phone, have only 32GB HTC One. Or is there an other option to just dump several folders of that sdcard?

Is it maybe possible to directly write over the OTG to the USB-portable-stick (Size about 32GB)?
26th March 2014, 02:01 PM |#27  
Flag /
Thanks Meter: 333

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekkk

I've successfully dumped an image with a size of 1.8GB, but now i want to create the SDCard-image, but thats up to 25GB i guess! How can i dump this rom direct to my PC? Because i can't save this on my phone, have only 32GB HTC One. Or is there an other option to just dump several folders of that sdcard?

Is it maybe possible to directly write over the OTG to the USB-portable-stick (Size about 32GB)?

I found it impossible to dump to pc windows / ubuntu (but there might be a way i have not heard of)

Anyway SDcard image is pointless because its available when phone plugged in usb

For sd backups i usually (i have set folder options to show hidden/system files <in windows>) open the sd on pc mark all items and zip it to my hdd as ie. sdback-260314.zip and if i ever need i can just unzip direct to sd again
28th March 2014, 01:46 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYVIP

I found it impossible to dump to pc windows / ubuntu (but there might be a way i have not heard of)

Anyway SDcard image is pointless because its available when phone plugged in usb

For sd backups i usually (i have set folder options to show hidden/system files <in windows>) open the sd on pc mark all items and zip it to my hdd as ie. sdback-260314.zip and if i ever need i can just unzip direct to sd again

Hi there,

I've got LG G2 (D802) and need to dump userdata partition to recover data from it. The phone doesn't have an SD slot, and I dont want to overwrite the internal memory so i need to dump an img directly to windows. Is it possible? or what else can I do to recover lost data? (i need all of them, not only pics or messages).

Thanks
2nd April 2014, 05:26 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Reboot into twrp plug in an external USB stick mount sdcard , mount external USB copy /dev/block/mmcblk1 to you external USB storage. At least that's the file on my phones. I don't own a HTC one but I was able to do this on my DNA

I was able to dump all 34 filesystem partitions by pulling the main header of the block into one massive file. In linux reader it looks cool mount one image and 34 partitions appear. Each partition can be easily exported to their seperate image from there. It took almost 2 hours just to pull the 9gb block. But it was worth it.

So far I've been successful with this method on every rooted device I have. Still have yet to not had any success from a pc. Keeps causing cmd to crash from the huge file transfer. I will have to try from my studio pc. I think 32 gigs of ram will allow cmd to survive the torture.

sent from the moon
The Following User Says Thank You to grilledcheesesandwich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grilledcheesesandwich Ad-Free
2nd April 2014, 01:38 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYVIP

For sd backups i usually (i have set folder options to show hidden/system files ) open the sd on pc mark all items and zip it to my hdd as ie. sdback-260314.zip and if i ever need i can just unzip direct to sd again

Enable USB debugging. Plug your phone into pc. Make sure your phone DOES NOT unmount you card as a disk drive Open cmd in your android-SDK platform-tools.

Type..

adb devices
adb shell
su
I'M NOT SURE IF ROOT IS REQUIRED
cat /dev/block/mmcblk1 mmcblk1.raw

Depending on the device folders and names could be different. Defining you SDK platform tools environment path will help

This works on windows 7
Word on linux reader program is good tool to mount the raw nand dumps in windows pc.

Next step is to see of the nand dump can be restored on a dead boot bricked device. I've been looking into several of the small partitions on HTC devices and I keep seeing references to vol buttons, uart and jtag.

I'm new here. Shoot me a thanks if you liked me contribution.

sent from the moon
The Following User Says Thank You to grilledcheesesandwich For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grilledcheesesandwich Ad-Free
5th April 2014, 11:36 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can I use the IMG files dumped with this tutorial to make PAC file of ResearchDownload? Or do I need to do something else too??

Thanks ....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)