Thanks Meter: 74

By munnibhai, Senior Member on 19th January 2014, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2015, 12:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munnibhai

Were you able to resolve the issue? Or else please attach your apk and i have a look on it

Sent from my TURBO DG2014 using XDA Free mobile app

No, I am trying to mod a cm12 theme from the playstore. I am simply trying to replace images in the apk. I am NOT trying to release the modded apk, it is for my enjoyment only. Isnt that what your jar does?

21st April 2015, 11:35 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gujranwala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwar85

No, I am trying to mod a cm12 theme from the playstore. I am simply trying to replace images in the apk. I am NOT trying to release the modded apk, it is for my enjoyment only. Isnt that what your jar does?

jar file is working perfectly, there is some problem with your theme, keystore file most probably. how did you extraxt the apk? with 7zip or apktool?
21st April 2015, 11:45 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

jar file is working perfectly, there is some problem with your theme, keystore file most probably. how did you extraxt the apk? with 7zip or apktool?

I used apktool. I give up on trying to edit apks. There are no tutorials that work.
22nd April 2015, 04:16 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gujranwala

More
Quote:

Quote:

I used apktool. I give up on trying to edit apks. There are no tutorials that work.

I am sorry to hear about that, well, apk editing isnt diffictult, apart from decoding java files and then actually coding them again (lets leave it to java programmers)

About editing graphics and XMLs in apk, its easy, ask me anything you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to munnibhai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munnibhai Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 01:58 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gujranwala

More
Quote:

ok, I got to the root of error.
The problem is JDK8 and 7 too probably. The jarsigner provided with these 2 versions, is timestamped now and while we try to sign an apk using the sign.jar, jarsogner isnt finding any timestamp on it.

So you will either need to downgrade to JDK6 (just install as additional and give path to it in sign.jar) and it will work
The Following User Says Thank You to munnibhai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munnibhai Ad-Free
24th April 2015, 03:52 AM |#16  

More
Quote:

ok, I got to the root of error.
The problem is JDK8 and 7 too probably. The jarsigner provided with these 2 versions, is timestamped now and while we try to sign an apk using the sign.jar, jarsogner isnt finding any timestamp on it.

So you will either need to downgrade to JDK6 (just install as additional and give path to it in sign.jar) and it will work

I was using either 8 or 7.

I will try 6 and post results
24th April 2015, 06:33 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

I was using either 8 or 7.

I will try 6 and post results

Well your sign.jar completed all tasks with no errors and the app installs but is then rejected by the cm12 theme engine and automatically uninstalls.

So I took the original cm12 theme apk, removed the Meta-inf folder, used sign.jar, and it works.

My error must be in editing the .pngs images within the theme I'm guessing. Im using photoshop 7 to invert colors on the .pngs and saving. Why does changing the .pngs affect the apk from installing I wonder?

So I'll give thanks, your sign.jar does infact work with JDK 6

*edit: Cant give thanks? Hmm no thanks button...
26th April 2015, 01:24 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gujranwala

More
Quote:

Well your sign.jar completed all tasks with no errors and the app installs but is then rejected by the cm12 theme engine and automatically uninstalls.

So I took the original cm12 theme apk, removed the Meta-inf folder, used sign.jar, and it works.

My error must be in editing the .pngs images within the theme I'm guessing. Im using photoshop 7 to invert colors on the .pngs and saving. Why does changing the .pngs affect the apk from installing I wonder?

So I'll give thanks, your sign.jar does infact work with JDK 6

*edit: Cant give thanks? Hmm no thanks button...

I am glad that it worked afterall.

1. About the PNGs, there are some with .9 extension in them, if you noticed, they have those black lines around them which must not be touched, they have to be with #000 color. This could be one of problems while you just changed colors.

2. Another issue maybe RGB profile (I am not sure if this setting is available in Ph.7) of photoshop, so goto Edit : Color Settings : RGB : <select "Monitor RGB">. Save and Restart.

Let me know if it worked.
27th April 2015, 06:57 AM |#19  

More
Quote:

I am glad that it worked afterall.

1. About the PNGs, there are some with .9 extension in them, if you noticed, they have those black lines around them which must not be touched, they have to be with #000 color. This could be one of problems while you just changed colors.

2. Another issue maybe RGB profile (I am not sure if this setting is available in Ph.7) of photoshop, so goto Edit : Color Settings : RGB : <select "Monitor RGB">. Save and Restart.

Let me know if it worked.

It was the .9.pngs. Messed up the black lines... Fixed and it all works! Thanks for the cool jar!
raki2485
15th May 2015, 04:39 PM |#20  

More
Please help "FileNotFoundException: .x509.pem"
Thank you, your method works well good for all app.

But for this application "Advanced Permission Manager" by steelworks on google playstore.

Signed process working well, app initially runs good but app main function not working after repacking apk and signed.

It will throw exception "FileNotFoundException: .x509.pem"

What is that exception? I tried every method, I searched whole internet no single solution.
5th March 2016, 03:44 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gujranwala

More
Updated APK Signer link which was broken
Added troubleshooting guide
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sign apk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)