Root achieved for our device!!!

Search This thread

profcx

May 24, 2011
G900A pit

Greetings all, could someone please share their G900A pit file? Thanks a million people!

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Supersu will not open with this root. Any other ways to unroot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It does. You need to install SuperSu from a different location mentioned in the same rooting thread (not the one on market).

Here is the link to the same from my dropbox backup if you didn't want to search: supersu

Last edited:
Reactions: sravanz

RBEmerson

Jul 15, 2012
SE PA
Su installed on mine, won't update but it still works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Use the Supersu from chainfire's site here

http://download.chainfire.eu/447/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99r4.zip

not the Supersu or su from the google play store.

+1 - this change also makes the "open padlock CUSTOM" disappear when powering up.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Anyone having problems installing apps from the Play Store? I've done the root, and installed the supersu from the link in this thread... I can download them but they either take a very long time to install or won't install at all...

Not seen here with either my S5 or 2013 Nexus 7 WiFi.

surf1

Apr 12, 2009
south fl
I used chainfires SU from his site (from the zip above), after disabling knox it said install failed and to reboot. I rebooted and SuperSU is there and seems to be fine, so what was that message about or is there anything I should check?

LoSt180

Dec 21, 2011
I used chainfires SU from his site (from the zip above), after disabling knox it said install failed and to reboot. I rebooted and SuperSU is there and seems to be fine, so what was that message about or is there anything I should check?

Install from Play Store, it was finally updated (to a newer version than that zip file).

surf1

Apr 12, 2009
south fl
Install from Play Store, it was finally updated (to a newer version than that zip file).
I tried that but it wouldn't work, playstore one kept get hung at the "disable knox" notice. Tried multiple times. The zip one worked, it gave that error message, but the phone is rooted and I've granted SU privilege to apps like ESfile etc.

RBEmerson

Jul 15, 2012
SE PA
You did what you were supposed to do. Once the rooting is in place, SuperSU needs to get used to the environment. Follow SuperSU's prompts, reboot, and life is good.

mcnaught82

Feb 17, 2013
Valley Springs
5u6ema7a.jpg

Knox is NOT tripped, still 0x0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mine says Reactivation Lock (KK): OFF
. Why is that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    He's releasing it tomorrow. It's called towelroot. There's a thread in the verizon forum. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157
    I would be interested to find out if this triggers Knox or not.
    Right now, I could care less about the Knox counter or Knox.
    Its legit, just that the vulnerability used may prove to be quite difficult for most devs to exploit. Here's hoping some brilliant mind out there picks it up and actually is able to release something.

No denying that the vulnerability is ligit, I have actually read thru the vuln report so I am aware it is valid, the fact is that there is no proff that it can be replicated.

in the scheme of things there is probably several dozen exploits that could accomplish the exact same thing but are not reproduceable with any kind of regularity.

it it truly took him four days just to get the root on his phone that is an exploit that would be considered not reproduceable.
    Thanks. That's how mine also looks.
    Because of that, I cannot keep the superSu app open.

But when I start others app which require root, I can grant permission and everything work normal.

Screenshots attached. On 1st I click continue, on next Normal and on last OK.

Maybe SU binary needs update or something..

Use the one provided in the link. Not the play store version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No denying that the vulnerability is ligit, I have actually read thru the vuln report so I am aware it is valid, the fact is that there is no proff that it can be replicated.

in the scheme of things there is probably several dozen exploits that could accomplish the exact same thing but are not reproduceable with any kind of regularity.

it it truly took him four days just to get the root on his phone that is an exploit that would be considered not reproduceable.

Like I said the vulnerablility that was used is gonna prove difficult for most to exploit/replicate...it took Geohot supposedly 4 days to exploit it and he's one of the best out there at doing things like this...its a matter of time to see if someone else can take a dig into that vulnerability and write an exploit that can be packaged up and released since geo won't be releasing his...is there anyone out there that can do it probably, question is how long that wait will be...To my knowloadge Geo actually did write an exploit that he could release publicly (he's obviously choosing not to)...supposedly he was looking for a VZW tester (not sure on the validity of that though)

This at least starts the ball rolling knowing that the locked down S5's are indeed exploitable in some way...also since the vulnerability seems to be present in almost all linux kernel versions to date...once a public exploit is actually released it probably can be adapted to other devices such as the Note 3. Of course this is till the kernel gets patched.