FORUMS

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,424

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
11th September 2015, 06:38 AM |#6221  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I will get a replacement unit (my z3 has broken glas). Can I install dual recovery on the new device and restore "backup" (out of dualrecovery) from my old device? Will there be issues with IMEI or such stuff? Do I have to install the same software version first?

Regards,
Linkin
11th September 2015, 07:08 AM |#6222  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 4,006

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkinsoldier

^^

Yes you can restore on same software version, but for God's sake, do NOT restore the TA partition from the other device if is part of the backup! You will end up with a hardbrick
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoey63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoey63 Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 07:10 AM |#6223  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Thanks for the heads up. How can I make sure of this? I think I can only select "restore" in dual recovery!
11th September 2015, 07:44 AM |#6224  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 4,006

Donate to Me
More
In restore menu, make sure only boot, system and data boxes are ticked.
The Following User Says Thank You to shoey63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoey63 Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 10:50 AM |#6225  
Thanks Meter: 710

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke7

the app optimization at every start doesn't seem to be Recovery related, it might be some mod you flashed you flashed, probably something deodexed over the stock odex rom, maybe try to clear cache and delvik and see if that solves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

You're right, it's definitely one of the mods.
Deletion of .odex file in arm folder and wiping dalvik afterwards, usually solves this issue.

Quote:

@evildog1 i hope you didn't install the fixed version yet, i just realized that the recovery version of z3 is different from the XZ one, so after you get to 5.1.1 with root, you need to get the official installable recovery for your device and edit the dualrecovery.sh file and implement the fix in this post , you basically just need to add the 2 lines marked with the + sign and save it, then install it... or wait for the official fix , i don't think it will take much time.

Thanks for the info. i had made my own pre-rooted firmware including recovery to keep the recovery.

I have NOT ODEXED my device. DSPmamager was the last mod i flashed and it works perfectly. 7 days later i enterd recovery mode and it still works but few weeks later recovery mode stopped working and my phone is having problem for no reason.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

i just reinstalled the recovery again and it works again
11th September 2015, 10:54 AM |#6226  
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildog1

Thanks for the info. i had made my own pre-rooted firmware including recovery to keep the recovery.

I have NOT ODEXED my device. DSPmamager was the last mod i flashed and it works perfectly. 7 days later i enterd recovery mode and it still works but few weeks later recovery mode stopped working and my phone is having problem for no reason.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

i just reinstalled the recovery again and it works again

Hard to say what was going wrong without any logs.
If it happens the next time, please provide the logfiles mentioned int the first post
11th September 2015, 10:58 AM |#6227  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Please confirm the fix working and I will implement it in a patch release.

The fix works on the ZL. I tested flashing zips.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hauk92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hauk92 Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 11:12 AM |#6228  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Can someone check if the md5 checksumm is ok?

I just downloaded the versions of xperia zr new several times and I always get a wrong checksum.

I wondert why rooting and installing of dualrecovery gets wrong and now I checked md5 checksum with MD5Checker and I get a wrong number. Maybe this is the reason.

I rooted with dualrecovery for xperia zr my smartphone well before and now, when wanted to go to Android 5.1 it wont work. I get back to Android 4.4.2 with flashtool and want to root it like before, but it says wrong adb files or so. So right now I dont have root anymore.

I will root und install dualrecovery under windows 10, but I dont think this is the reason for fail. Tried same on laptop of my wife under windows 7 and same probleme there.
11th September 2015, 11:43 AM |#6229  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 1,105

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildog1

well' i don't know if Z3 have the same recovery issues as The XZ , looking at the logs you attached there're 3 log files (and other non-log files), 2 of the logs only contain data and the 3rd is empty, the 1st file shows normal behavior of you installing the dsp mod , it mounted and unmounted normaly ...
also the 2nd file showing you making a backup and also it mounted and unmounted normally ... so no error appear on those logs.
when you 1st posted i thought you had XZ (my mistake) so i advised based on that, but now i know its a Z3C , and with what you're describing on the last post it appears that our recovery Issues are different , the issue we're facing that the recovery is unable to mount system therefore unable to flash, from what you're saying you're issue is not being able to enter recovery? am i right?
to know what problem the recovery has i need to know what the problem is
& a log that shows the problem. anyways, if you're unable to access recovery my only suggestion is to install the official recovery (download it from the OP) for your device (install the installable package from computer) , on [NUT] website there's a specific version for your device . try to mount and unmount or flash or back up things and if there is an issue create a log and share that... you can also try to uninstall the recovery before installing it again (check the OP) .

regarding the app optimization,( i'll explain it simply), Odex is the default state, which means the apps on your device are packaged in a specific way the requires 2 files tje apk file and an odex file that exists on a folder named "arm" with the apk, so you're already odex unless you Deodexed your rom before flashing it, and if only you used prfcreator to get a rooted rom with recovery , you have a odex rom , Now, the mods have Deodexed app, which are unpckaged and require only the apk to run, some mod creators add a script to there mod to delete the arm folder, but from reading your log file , the dsp mod doesn't do that it only extracts files, so you need to know (ask the developer of that mod) which original files his mod replaces with a deodexes apk .
From your log this doesn't seem to be the case < the mod didn't replace any apk that i can see but it did replace some other files shown below
Code:
mounting system

updating system files
minzip: Extracted file "/system/app/DSPManager.apk"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/etc/audio_effects.conf"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/etc/audio_policy.conf"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/lib/soundfx/libaudiopreprocessing.so"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/lib/soundfx/libbundlewrapper.so"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/lib/soundfx/libcyanogen-dsp.so"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/lib/soundfx/libdownmix.so"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/lib/soundfx/libreverbwrapper.so"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/lib/soundfx/libvisualizer.so"
minzip: Extracted file "/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf"

unmounting system

Done!
also shown on the log that this mod is originally for Jelly beans not Lollipop (i don't know if it was updated) , so the files it replaces although might work will be different from the LP ones, and this might be whats is causing the issue, if you're sure it's not, all you need is still get recovery working and clear Delvik.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1

Can someone check if the md5 checksumm is ok?

I just downloaded the versions of xperia zr new several times and I always get a wrong checksum.

I wondert why rooting and installing of dualrecovery gets wrong and now I checked md5 checksum with MD5Checker and I get a wrong number. Maybe this is the reason.

I rooted with dualrecovery for xperia zr my smartphone well before and now, when wanted to go to Android 5.1 it wont work. I get back to Android 4.4.2 with flashtool and want to root it like before, but it says wrong adb files or so. So right now I dont have root anymore.

I will root und install dualrecovery under windows 10, but I dont think this is the reason for fail. Tried same on laptop of my wife under windows 7 and same probleme there.

for ZR on LP 5.1.1 you need to implement the fix on this post Or wait for an updated Official version.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane87

Hard to say what was going wrong without any logs.
If it happens the next time, please provide the logfiles mentioned int the first post

well m8, he actually provided some logs Here
but i can't see any problem in them, you could check them, you're surely better than me on this .
The Following User Says Thank You to theduke7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theduke7 Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 12:00 PM |#6230  
Thanks Meter: 258

More
Quote:

well m8, he actually provided some logs Here
but i can't see any problem in them, you could check them, you're surely better than me on this .

Ah, Sorry.
Well, first Stage (preperation.log) looks OK except this:
Code:
10:17:51 >> insmod /system/lib/modules/nls_utf8.ko
insmod: can't read '/system/lib/modules/nls_utf8.ko': No such file or directory
10:17:51 >> RET=1
This is a Module, which is providing "Native Language Support (UTF8)". I'm not sure this is causing some trouble. But I think not. And then the Log is saying that it will now start Stage2 (XZDualRecovery.log) by executing init.sh (=dualrecovery.sh) , but those logs are empty. So maybe dualrecovery.sh was missing?
The Following User Says Thank You to McBane87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift McBane87 Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 12:33 PM |#6231  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 1,105

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane87

Ah, Sorry.
Well, first Stage (preperation.log) looks OK except this:

Code:
10:17:51 >> insmod /system/lib/modules/nls_utf8.ko
insmod: can't read '/system/lib/modules/nls_utf8.ko': No such file or directory
10:17:51 >> RET=1
This is a Module, which is providing "Native Language Support (UTF8)". I'm not sure this is causing some trouble. But I think not. And then the Log is saying that it will now start Stage2 (XZDualRecovery.log) by executing init.sh (=dualrecovery.sh) , but those logs are empty. So maybe dualrecovery.sh was missing?

that's why i thought maybe if he re installed the recovery it might fix it, or at least show what's wrong...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread