[PROGRAM] AIO Vibrant Toolbox 2.5 *Beginners Start Here* Also for advanced users

Search This thread

awaisuk

Dec 9, 2010
thanks for this but i dont have option to one click back to stock as in the review, why is that?

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
This is a Very HELPFUL Program. You went all out on this. Good Job man. (Round of Applause)

bay_wolf

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2007
thanks for this but i dont have option to one click back to stock as in the review, why is that?

It's because the program he did the review on was the Captivate version. The vibrant version only has the standard ODIN in it. Just follow the directions and you should be good.

coderunner

Nov 21, 2010
Oklahoma City
I need help I am from the captivate forum and but I am flashing a vibrant and I odined back to stock but all the files are still on the internal sd card is there a way to master clear or format the internal sd card to stock?

bay_wolf

Mar 14, 2007
yep, just use the master clear button in ODIN. The instructions should be in the program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

edmc

Feb 2, 2007
32-bit driver file problem installing on Vista

While I appreciate statements (e.g. in the review piece) that these drivers "just work", I cannot attest to that given the 30+ minute install time required for the 32-bit driver on my Vista PC. Highly suspect imho. Can't imagine what the installation would be doing as it incredibly slowly advances the progress bar.

I've aborted the install three times, rebooted twice, and am now trying yet again.

Anyone else have issue with this combination?

For the record, I've tried both the explicit 32-bit driver installer linked to in the OP as well as the 32-bit driver "embedded" within the AIO Toolbox v2.5 (presumably both the same as their version numbers are identical).

Edit: It finally did complete the installation... with no user apps running - just the installer - it took around 50 minutes to complete. Successfully, I might add.

Last edited:

bay_wolf

Mar 14, 2007
While I appreciate statements (e.g. in the review piece) that these drivers "just work", I cannot attest to that given the 30+ minute install time required for the 32-bit driver on my Vista PC. Highly suspect imho. Can't imagine what the installation would be doing as it incredibly slowly advances the progress bar.

I've aborted the install three times, rebooted twice, and am now trying yet again.

Anyone else have issue with this combination?

For the record, I've tried both the explicit 32-bit driver installer linked to in the OP as well as the 32-bit driver "embedded" within the AIO Toolbox v2.5 (presumably both the same as their version numbers are identical).

Edit: It finally did complete the installation... with no user apps running - just the installer - it took around 50 minutes to complete. Successfully, I might add.

They are the exact same I just used 7-zip to make a self extracting installer so the file size is a lot smaller. Nothing malicious here since that's what you were hinting at.

EDIT: the slowness would just be from your computer taking a long time to uncompress the files. It takes like 10 minutes on my girlfriends laptop but about 30 seconds on mine. So, it just depends on how fast your pc is.

Reactions: saintsmmx

edmc

Feb 2, 2007
They are the exact same I just used 7-zip to make a self extracting installer so the file size is a lot smaller. Nothing malicious here since that's what you were hinting at.

Quite the contrary... I found the very curious delay with both the discrete 32-bit.exe and the driver install built-in to the AIO tool.

EDIT: the slowness would just be from your computer taking a long time to uncompress the files. It takes like 10 minutes on my girlfriends laptop but about 30 seconds on mine. So, it just depends on how fast your pc is.

For such a small self-extracting (7z) zip file, I don't get this comment.

No matter, I just wondered if others see this oddity.

bay_wolf

Mar 14, 2007
Quite the contrary... I found the very curious delay with both the discrete 32-bit.exe and the driver install built-in to the AIO tool.

For such a small self-extracting (7z) zip file, I don't get this comment.

No matter, I just wondered if others see this oddity.

... They are the exact same files. The ones I posted are the ones in the program folder. Check it if you don't believe me. And I just timed it using both locations (in the program and out of it) and they were nearly identical in extraction times. About a second difference which is understandable because of the vb.net program sending commands to open the file.

For the computer speed comment, I'm just saying it takes around 30 seconds on my laptop which is about 5 months old but about 10-15 minutes on my girlfriends laptop which is about 2 years old.

EDIT: I'm not trying to sound rude with my comments and if I am, I apologize. I just am trying to explain that the drivers are the ones currently available everywhere just repackaged in a 7-zip installer to make the file a lot smaller (about 50% I think). If you aren't a fan of using these drivers then download the other ones but these I can confirm works with the process laid out in my program. For anyone that is new to flashing this is the best way to do it.

Last edited:

Andreal

Nov 15, 2007
What can I say...
Huge Thanks for the program :)
Works fine with my Vibrant (xp drivers, back to stock).

One question: where is the master clear button??

bay_wolf

Mar 14, 2007
What can I say...
Huge Thanks for the program :)
Works fine with my Vibrant (xp drivers, back to stock).

One question: where is the master clear button??

Sorry, I think it's only on the one click ODIN for the captivate. If i put a reference in the vibrant one i apologize.

edmc

Feb 2, 2007
... They are the exact same files. The ones I posted are the ones in the program folder. Check it if you don't believe me.

Wow - I guess I must apologize for not being more clear. I have never doubted they were the same. Indeed, all my postings indicate that the same behavior was exhibited with both the embedded and the extracted driver installation process.

I'm just perplexed by the inordinate amount of time it took to install the drivers and wondering if others see the same thing and might be able to share some insight.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Anyway, thanks very much for the tool. Very handy :).

bay_wolf

Mar 14, 2007
Wow - I guess I must apologize for not being more clear. I have never doubted they were the same. Indeed, all my postings indicate that the same behavior was exhibited with both the embedded and the extracted driver installation process.

I'm just perplexed by the inordinate amount of time it took to install the drivers and wondering if others see the same thing and might be able to share some insight.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Anyway, thanks very much for the tool. Very handy :).

Haha. Sorry, you kept saying something about the two files and I just wanted to make it clear to everyone they are the same. But yeah the files may take a little longer on some computers depending on the speed of the computer. I can't do much about that.

sl0play

Jun 26, 2010
Great of you to make this. I probably wont use it cuz I am just the kind of guy that does things the 'long' way if he learned it that way, but this is a fantastic contribution to the community.

KUDOS!

Freek91

Feb 10, 2011
South Florida
Want to say thanks to the Dev of this project...if it wasnt for this program i wouldnt have even bothered with rooting and adding a custom rom to my vibrant

Thanks!!

ZachLL88

Nov 12, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon
No problem. I'm glad it helped you out. I'd hate to see anyone staying on stock because they are scared to flash a custom one.

Just want to say thanks so much! This looks like a great tool, and i cant wait to use it next time i flash a rom, or go back to stock etc.

Wish it was available when i first rooted/flashed.

Thanks again so much!!

Last edited:

Woofdah

Apr 1, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Started great, but didn't finish

Love the concept. Had a problem playing with Kernals and needed to go back to stock. I have been flashing away for a couple of months but still very green, this was my first problem.

Found your program and thought would be easier then Odin ala carte. Reflashed stock just fine. Rooted just fine. But would not flash new ROM - Bionic V 1.2.1. Since I was rooted, I had to get CWM from the market. Reflashed and booted into recovery. Part of the program worked because the ROM was there on the SD card waiting for me. Flashed and Bionic V1.2.1 over again and all is well.

bay_wolf

Mar 14, 2007
Love the concept. Had a problem playing with Kernals and needed to go back to stock. I have been flashing away for a couple of months but still very green, this was my first problem.

Found your program and thought would be easier then Odin ala carte. Reflashed stock just fine. Rooted just fine. But would not flash new ROM - Bionic V 1.2.1. Since I was rooted, I had to get CWM from the market. Reflashed and booted into recovery. Part of the program worked because the ROM was there on the SD card waiting for me. Flashed and Bionic V1.2.1 over again and all is well.

Did you press reinstall packages twice after it put you in recovery to install clockworkmod?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bay_wolf's AIO Vibrant Toolbox 2.5
    If this program has helped you, please consider donating.
    There is a new download link as the Multiupload one was broken so everyone should be able to download the file now.

Description: To help automate flashing custom ROMs onto the Samsung Vibrant.

MODS: Please do not move this to another section as this is for Android development and is installed on the users computer not the phone. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm distributing this program as-is and no guarantee that it will not hurt your phone. So, use at your own risk and don't blame me for bricking your phone. I am to not be held liable for any outcome of the use of this program.

IZbnt.png

Things to do/know before using this program:

When you select the PIT and PDA files, it should default to the installed location and if not then browse to where you installed AIO Vibrant Toolbox as the files are in there.

Have .net4 installed. Download Here.

Enable USB debugging mode- Go to settings> Applications> Development> And then check the box next to USB debugging.

Have the ROM of your desire downloaded to your hard drive (In the program, Select ROM means the custom ROM you downloaded.).

Know a little bit about flashing and ROMs.

And that's about it. Most of the instructions are given to you by the program and are not needed to be written out here. If you find any part confusing, please comment in this thread and I'll try to implement it in the next release and I'll tell you what it means as a temporary solution.

If you ever accidentally press the download mode button when you didn't mean to, just unplug your device and do a battery pull.

To perform a master clear using ODIN, after flashing the stock firmware back onto the device, leave the phone plugged into the computer and keep ODIN open. Just click Master Clear in ODIN. !This will wipe everything off of the built-in storage (besides the stock ROM and stock apps)!

Download

If there are any bugs PM me and I'll try to get them fixed.

Just in case anyone wanted them. Here are the drivers in a smaller and automated installer that I created. It's the same that's used in my program so if you have my program installed you don't need to worry about these. -32 bit -64bit

Donations are appreciated if you found this program helpful:

Changelog:

2.5 - Initial Release

Planned Features:

Smaller Download Size.
    Smaller Install Size.
    Fully Automated Backup and Restore.

Thanks for donations from:

FishDoc
    qynt
    novagator
    Oxicottin
    konazxiii
    For2ndtwin
    kvenubabu
    meohman1
    Hellrod87
    movrshakr
    OldeCrow
    All previous links are currently down. Here is the vibrant toolbox v2.5 if anyone needs it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6u2ikdicljsd9z/Install%2BAIO%2BVibrant%2BToolbox%2B2.5.msi
    Thanks....should be stickied
    Hint...hint ;)
    Maybe have a go at this.