Thanks Meter: 151

Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2014, 01:26 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bootloop resolved - flashed using native xperia flasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidj-03

Please help. I find your site and this noob's thread is so informative but I couldn't find a way to fix my boot loop. The XDA is full of dev tech jargon, and felt exhausted that I seek help finally here.

My xperia tab z (sgp321 with LTE+WIFI, European version) got into bootloop after flashing CWM 6.0.3.2 (TabZ_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-253-v01.img). The flashing went fine I was able to boot into recovery mode and made a backup. But after the backup is over, and rebooting it prompted Reboot > root access is missing. Root? I selected 'YES' thinking I could root the device. Then bootloop started. I followed all the steps in your thread, Factory reset, Wipe cache, Delvik cache, fix permission etc but still into bootloop.

The device is boot-loader unlocked. It was running KK 4.4.2. Not rooted. I have CM-11-20140723-Nightly-pollux.zip in the external SD card of which I was planning to flash using CWM recovery.

1. What options remain for me to get the device back into original state ? back into 4.4.2.
2. I was able to pass ADB calls. But now since into bootloop, how can I make fastboot/ADB calls to device consistently to do anything realted to reset, recover?
3. In addition to ADB/fastboot, I have Flashtool 0.9.16 by Androxyde with SGP321_10.4.1.B.0.101_CE.ftf stock firmware. Can I flash this Stock ROM while in bootloop ? How can flashtool help in this situation ?
4. The Tablet Z battery is built-in. Does it charge while in bootloop? How can I power-down/shutdown the device without restarting using CWM (it has only reboot option), so that I could fully charge the device ?

Any helpful advise is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for great work you are doing and the very purpose for XDA - Knowledge Sharing.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Please, can you tell me what steps you made during recovery? My xperia tab z SGP321 (LTE+WIFI European version) is now into bootloop; it was unlocked but not rooted, has CWM 6.0.3.2 and I can boot into recovery mode. Please tell me where to start from ? Can I make ADB/fastboot calls without resolving bootloop or can I flash any stock ROMs using flash tool still with bootloop issue unfixed ? How Can I get the device back into work ?

Much appreciate your help. I have posted details in the same thread.

Thank you.

Edit : I got EMMA resolved the issue;flashed with a stock ROM and my device is back on 4.4.2.

I still need to clarify few things as I'm still confused.

During flash, it shows the following info.
Model - SGP321
IMEI -
Application software - 10.1.1.A.1.253
File system - global-lte 10.5.A.0.230 (which is 4.4.2)
SIM - unlocked
Boot-
DRM-
Activated-yes

But it downloaded and flashed 10.4.b.0.569 which is JB 4.3 (showed in the progress bar while downloading and flashing). It took nearly 1 hour to download the ROM (1 gb nearly) from Sony and flash it. Then I had 4.4.2. What exactly the tool has done here ? I guess its not the one I had as I had to OTA the default 4.4.2 apps kit and configure all the settings from scratch as soon as the device got booted up. Means flasher has actually flashed an 4.4.2 clean image. Or it had flashed 4.3 first then had 4.4 upgraded in one go. Can an expert kindly explain ?

If anyone needs help on EMMA, please post.

Many thanks XDA.

23rd September 2014, 05:38 AM |#22  

More
You guys are my last resort, T720S boot loop and i am dazed and confused
error mod plz remove this dupe post...
23rd September 2014, 09:58 AM |#23  

More
How do I resolve this weird boot loop like no other?
Hey thanks for this guide and all who have added their learning, up at the how to guide you said: "ADB can be used to access the phone while booting, be aware that some boot loops make it unable to use ADB since they do not go further then the manufacturer logo. (In new CWM versions it’s possible to use adb)"

OK so how in detail do I load CWM into my phone with only the external SD card, and only access to stock recovery and no way yet to connect drivers, as the boot loop always denies the phone. This info was not in CWM site. All fixes assume drivers are functional!

I have a back up of someone else's exact make and model, but it is just a file in my downloaded windows at present. How do I get that installed flashed or working without drivers?

My boot loop gets to logo screen then reboots, drivers cannot 'handshake' the phone and therefore almost nothing can be done.

I have Android KK 4.4.2. on a TCL T720S china phone, i have spent week on china-devices.com trying sp flash tools, scripts, drivers, usb fixes, mtk droid tools and even pored over the Chinese TCL site, and all over the web, there is not much out there, I know exactly two other English speaking TCL T720S users in the world! neither of them can help me much.

cheers,
26th September 2014, 08:03 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Limbe

This thread was really helpful. I updated my ROM, running legacy AOSPA on Xperia S. Last update had me stuck on the manufacturer logo and I couldn't roll back to the previous ROM, CM wouldn't let me install older software. I tried the steps but it didn't work for me, finally decided to wipe system as a result and reinstall everything. This got it to work. I suppose my point is that sometimes it's best to format/wipe the system.

I have done a factory reset, I have no idea how to format the phone. I guess the only way would be via a PC connection, much the way an external drive is formatted, and there we are right back at boot loop ground zero, the PC and phone don't play nice together in boot loop!
14th October 2014, 04:45 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Any suggestions on what to do if 'Fix permissions' fails and so does adb sideload?
18th October 2014, 05:25 PM |#26  

More
Need a urgent help please guide me
hello sir after i rooted my phone i tried to flash stock rom by it didn't work so i press volume down and power button then shows that " entry for qpst download" then i connect my phone to pc it tell me to format it to use it . I hit yes after that my phone is not working not even recovery mode or "entry for qpst download"
please help me its been 2 weeks my phone is being dead.. I don't no what to do please help me... please.....
22nd October 2014, 04:06 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Midland Tx

Donate to Me
More
Why are you trying to fix permissions? What's going on and what phone and model?
22nd October 2014, 04:08 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Midland Tx

Donate to Me
More
To start off what model phone is it?

Sent from my LG using XDA
26th October 2014, 05:43 PM |#29  

More
HTC ONE S
Well, the Htc one S doesn't have a removable battery, and I tried to turn it off, how do you do that? I just reboots, shuts down, and reboots....
7th November 2014, 09:08 PM |#30  
Flag QC
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
BOOTLOOP for ET-7008b tablet
We've had the tablet for more than a year now. It's one of those cheap China or Taiwan (I really don't know) tabs for my kid. Knowing how much my kid downloads and installs stuff, I got him a 32GB extSD. About a month ago, he kept on complaining that it ran too slow and always said that it lacked memory. Off-the-bat, I immediately thought that it was because of the fact that it was made in China (or wherever, being non-branded, I assumed that...) [stereotype aside, most are 'beta' devices]. Anyway, I never rooted it. Using the native app (under SETTINGS), I tried to move/link the downloaded apps to the SD. Upon rebooting, VIOLA - bootloop!

After all my Google-ing attempts, I'm left with the flashing option which would still entail a lot work AFTER the flash itself.

Basically, I really think that doing a factory reset will do the trick. The problem is, I can't get into the recovery mode on the device - to be more specific, the recovery menu itself.

Even before the problem started, the ONLY key-combo that works will take me to a screen that has an android robot lying down, chest open with an exclamation inside a red triangle on top of it. I assumed that this is the download mode because when it was still working fine, there was an option in setting that would allow you to reboot to recovery - which was basically the same screen but had the recovery options.

I'm still a noob when it comes to ADB but I'm hoping that it be fixed this way.

ADB can only see it when it's on the 'download' mode, however, it lists it in recovery when you use DEVICES. ADB REBOOT (bootloader or recovery) simply reboots it to the bootloop. PC will then see it as an unmounted mass storage device. When I try ADB SHELL it gives me this error:

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory <2> -
8th November 2014, 10:48 AM |#31  

More
Help !! My xolo A500 (ics) got bootloop after installing beats audio installer..i tried wiping data and all but while installing rom it shows signature verification fail..installation aborted..
I have not installed cwm recowery ..please help

Sent from my Micromax A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, flash, noob, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)