FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ultimate Guide For [BOOTLOOP RECOVERY] Noob Friendly

351 posts
Thanks Meter: 151
 
Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2018, 08:22 PM |#501  
islandmixed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Root should have been removed when you flashed the firmware via Odin.

I figured that you'd get the errors with the Google apps.

Try booting to stock recovery by holding the volume up+home+power, the opposite of download mode, you'll see a list of options in recovery, use volume up/down to move up or down the list, select the factory reset option, press power to confirm, after the reset finishes, select the option to wipe cache partition, after that finishes, reboot the device.

Don't login to your Google account during setup, just bypass all of that, don't open any apps at all. Give it a few minutes to see if it starts the errors again, if it doesn't, go to system settings>accounts and add your Google account to get signed into the device. Once logged in, don't open any apps, give it a few minutes to see if the errors start, if they don't, open the Playstore app, look for app updates, update all listed Google related apps. If it won't update or starts giving errors, you'll have to download updated versions of your Google apps from the internet or from this website if they are linked here, you can also go to apkmirror .com and download them if they have updated versions that work for your device. Make sure you only download apps that are compatible with ARM devices, download them using PC then move them to an sdcard then put the sdcard in the device. Then go to system settings>security, find the "unknown sources" option and enable it, this will allow you to install the updated apps from the sdcard. Then, using your devices file manager, you can go to the sdcard and install the apps from there by tapping on them and selecting install.

If you have difficulty with any of this, we'll take a step back and go one step at a time so I can get a sense of what is going on at each step along the way.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk



Great help! Errors all seem to be gone and I have updated most if not all of the google apps. My only issue is that I cannot ring out or use WhatsApp. It’s telling me that my phone is registered to a network? I have tried to do some troubleshooting but still no luck. Not sure how I can get it to recognise my T mobile network, something must have become corrupted.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
 
18th August 2018, 08:28 PM |#502  
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmixed

Great help! Errors all seem to be gone and I have updated most if not all of the google apps. My only issue is that I cannot ring out or use WhatsApp. It’s telling me that my phone is registered to a network? I have tried to do some troubleshooting but still no luck. Not sure how I can get it to recognise my T mobile network, something must have become corrupted.

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check your network settings, you might need to configure your Access Point Name(APN) settings. Find the required APN settings for your carrier and then edit an existing APN profile on your device or create a new set of APNs

Also, try booting to stock recovery and select the option to wipe cache partition, but DO NOT factory reset, then reboot. If it doesn't help, try calling your carriers customer support(I know it's a drag but they may can help). Just tell them that you updated the device and it started network issues.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
21st August 2018, 09:04 PM |#503  
islandmixed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Check your network settings, you might need to configure your Access Point Name(APN) settings. Find the required APN settings for your carrier and then edit an existing APN profile on your device or create a new set of APNs

Also, try booting to stock recovery and select the option to wipe cache partition, but DO NOT factory reset, then reboot. If it doesn't help, try calling your carriers customer support(I know it's a drag but they may can help). Just tell them that you updated the device and it started network issues.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk



Hi, thanks for all your help. I contact my carrier which is T mobile and they told me that my number was axed months ago as T mobile has moved to a new network. But up until I did a factory reset, I could use whatsapp using my old number, although they told me it was cut off back April which is odd! All those contacts that were in my WhatsApp I have probably lost now, as I won’t have my older number. If only I would have known....

Cheers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GuestD0710
15th September 2018, 05:22 PM |#504  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
stuck at boot mtk device
Hey guys I have a mt6735 device which is stuck in boot with orange state your devices has been unlocked and cant be trusted Your device will boot in 5 seconds but keeps on rebooting every 5 sec to same state
Have been googling every possible solution and haven't come up with any
All i did was unlock the bootloader and without rebooting installed twrp since its all been trouble trouble trouble

your help would be greatly appreciated
15th September 2018, 06:14 PM |#505  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niraj.njk57

Hey guys I have a mt6735 device which is stuck in boot with orange state your devices has been unlocked and cant be trusted Your device will boot in 5 seconds but keeps on rebooting every 5 sec to same state
Have been googling every possible solution and haven't come up with any
All i did was unlock the bootloader and without rebooting installed twrp since its all been trouble trouble trouble

your help would be greatly appreciated

Can you get the device to boot into fastboot?

If so, flash your stock firmware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
GuestD0710
16th September 2018, 07:52 AM |#506  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Can you get the device to boot into fastboot?

If so, flash your stock firmware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

nah no fastboot no twrp no sp sp flash tool
3rd December 2018, 03:57 PM |#507  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I wanna ask one question, I flashed twrp 2.8.6.0 with xzrecovery in my rooted lollipop 5.1.1 z3c
Now if I flash mm 6.0.1, will it be there or just disappear like foam of soap.
3rd December 2018, 06:01 PM |#508  
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerSeeker

I wanna ask one question, I flashed twrp 2.8.6.0 with xzrecovery in my rooted lollipop 5.1.1 z3c
Now if I flash mm 6.0.1, will it be there or just disappear like foam of soap.

You can flash whatever ROM you want, it shouldn't change or remove your TWRP recovery, the only way it would change your recovery is if there is a recovery built into the ROM.

99.5% of the time, ROMs don't have a recovery built in, that is a very rare thing, the only device I've ever flashed that had recovery and ROM compiled together was on my Sprint S2 years ago.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
25th December 2018, 10:45 PM |#509  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
what do you do if flashing the original rom is causing bootloops?
26th December 2018, 09:35 AM |#510  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksey24

what do you do if flashing the original rom is causing bootloops?

What device and what issue occured that required flashing the stock firmware. What you did before this might be causing specific issues which are interfering with flashing stock firmware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
26th December 2018, 06:13 PM |#511  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

What device and what issue occured that required flashing the stock firmware. What you did before this might be causing specific issues which are interfering with flashing stock firmware.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. I can't remember what exactly caused in to bootloop but it only started once I installed orange recovery and formated data to decrypt it. now no matter what I flash it bootloops. the stock rom can get into the menu but instantly ask for my mi password and i cant connect to wifi at all. On my miui9 rom it says encryption can't be completed and suggects a factory reset yet returning to stock recovery and factory resetting does nothing

Edit: Okay just disabled all ota settings and flashed rom from fastboot mode and now it's loaded into stock recovery saying that this miui version can't be installed on this device (Miui10).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, flash, noob, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes