[V] [tsubasa] How to downgrade from cm11 to 10.2

Search This thread

bigb0119

Dec 30, 2013
I want to downgrade from fxp250 cm11 to cm10.2.
Is wipe needed?

Sent from my Xperia V using xda app-developers app

weijianhui

Dec 16, 2013
Beijing
Maybe you should flash the kernel of 10.2 use fastboot before you do that.

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KelleyCook

Mar 29, 2013
Moto G Stylus 5G
I want to downgrade from fxp250 cm11 to cm10.2.
Is wipe needed?

Unfortunately, a wipe is needed to downgrade, but it is not very hard I did this also. I found that the CM11 GPS always-on bug makes it currently unusable.

Download Koush's Helium from the Play Store.

Make sure root is enabled (I believe it is on by default with the FXP builds, but if Helium complains then it is in the CM11 developer options).
Use Helium to make a full data-only backup of all apps an external SD Card (If you don't have one, go buy a microSD for $10 its nice to save your pictures/videos to anyhow).

Save a copy of the FXP302 CM10.2 zip as well as the 10.2 Gapps ( http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip ) onto the SD Card.

Boot to recovery, wipe system partition, Install the CM10.2 zip file. Install the 10.2 Gapps. Reboot.

Retype your google password and your Cyanogenmod password. Install Helium from play store. The rest of the Playstore Apps should start automagically downloading too. Use Helium to restore all your data from SD card -- it will prompt you to download any missing app you need again.

You will probably have to re-setup your home screen. CM11 defaults to Launcher3, while CM10.x uses Trebuchet

bigb0119

Dec 30, 2013
Unfortunately, a wipe is needed to downgrade, but it is not very hard I did this also. I found that the CM11 GPS always-on bug makes it currently unusable.

Download Koush's Helium from the Play Store.

Make sure root is enabled (I believe it is on by default with the FXP builds, but if Helium complains then it is in the CM11 developer options).
Use Helium to make a full data-only backup of all apps an external SD Card (If you don't have one, go buy a microSD for $10 its nice to save your pictures/videos to anyhow).

Save a copy of the FXP302 CM10.2 zip as well as the 10.2 Gapps ( http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip ) onto the SD Card.

Boot to recovery, wipe system partition, Install the CM10.2 zip file. Install the 10.2 Gapps. Reboot.

Retype your google password and your Cyanogenmod password. Install Helium from play store. The rest of the Playstore Apps should start automagically downloading too. Use Helium to restore all your data from SD card -- it will prompt you to download any missing app you need again.

You will probably have to re-setup your home screen. CM11 defaults to Launcher3, while CM10.x uses Trebuchet

Thank you for your detailed explanation...
I used Titanium backup to backup all app+data (I now think it is very risky....that Apps in 4.4 being restored in 4.3)
I did full wipe and installed CM10.2
Almost all things are fine, except gapps...
I installed PAgapps full for 4.3, but no chrome and drive inside the package :confused:, so i hv to install it manually from play store