Official thread for the "Update My Moto" campaign

Search This thread

julian_fern

Jul 20, 2012
Chapecó - SC
www.julianfernandes.com

In 2012 Motorola announced she would upgrade our devices, Atrix and Photon, to Ice Cream Sandwich in Q3. As you all know, they have changed their stance, leaving us with an outdated version of Android to play with. Our devices can easily run even the last version of Android, Jelly Bean, so why the update was canceled for us?

With the Update My Moto! campaign, we are asking for a leak of what was been done before they canceled the update or a compatible Tegra 2 kernel for Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. With these files, XDA developers can fix the problems themselves, while Motorola can make up for this mistake they made.

You can help us to achieve that. Share this campaign in your blog, social network, show it to your friends or file a BBB complaint. Let's grab Motorola's attention!

Share the campaign

Helping the campaign is pretty easy. If you spread the campaign, you are helping already!

If you have a personal blog, you can also write about the campaign and ask your readers to help to share it. Even if they don't have an Atrix or a Photon, they might share and help us with the campaign :)

Sharing with images

You can save the images bellow and share on Facebook, Google Plus and other social networks or blogs, just don't forget to share the campaign's link too! :)

I will add more when we got them. If you want to add one here, just leave a message with the link for the image ;)

Use our signature!

You can also use the Update My Moto signature, to help us spread the word on XDA Developers and other forums! You just have to copy and paste the code bellow:

[URL ="http://www.updatemymoto.com/"][ CENTER][ IMG]http://ubuntucdn.ubuntubrsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/updatemymoto.jpg[ /IMG][ /CENTER][ /URL]

Just take the spaces out. It looks nice, don't worry :)

In the wild

What blogs and websites wrote about this campaign so far?

Help us to get it in the wild

You can help us to get the campaign in the wild. Do you know someone with a large followers count at Twitter? Ask him to RT the campaign! A friend of yours is a writer at a big website? Ask him to cover the campaign! You have 2 minutes free? Send a e-mail to big websites, asking them to talk about the campaign!

Campaign Partners

You should also take a look at the Support My Moto campaign. While we are focusing on a viral and social approach, they are going for a BBB one, that could work as well.

Take a look there. Won't hurt you to file a complaint and i promise it will only take you about 2 minutes of your day ;)

Contact details

You can reach me at this e-mail: julianfernandes AT ubuntu DOT com

You can also find me on Twitter and at our Ubuntu LoCo Team's blog, Ubuntu-BR-SC.

Thanks and credits

I wanna thank TheOnePom for paying for our domain name, the great guys at RamNode for offering us this great VPS for such a low price, Fishmoose for the campaign's name and, off course, everyone who gave suggestions, ideas and helped me out on the original thread! :)

Last edited:

julian_fern

Jul 20, 2012
Chapecó - SC
www.julianfernandes.com

Awesome! :D

I like the website. Looks really nice. I do think its lacking information.

Me and Loki are talking about this. While his campaign will focus on BBB, more phones and more info, this one will focus on viral action. We will partner up :)

Reactions: snowplow

Atr1x

Feb 17, 2012
Made a banner if you want to use. The least Motorola could do is give us what they started, it's not like they're going to finish anyways.

yeahmann

Sep 4, 2011
Good job. A few suggestions:

1. I'm not sure you want to ask for a "leak." We want a release, even if it's incomplete.
2. The kernel alone does no good. We need the HALs.
3. There are some grammatical errors.

Suggested rewording:

In February 2012, Motorola announced that the Atrix 4G and Photon 4G would receive upgrades to Ice Cream Sandwich. In September, they cancelled the upgrade, leaving us with an outdated version of Android. Many of us purchased our phones in anticipation of the upgrade. Many are locked into long-term carrier contracts which prevent us from upgrading our phones.

With this campaign, we are asking that Motorola release an upgrade or whatever work has already been completed on it. Even with an incomplete release, we may be able to develop a working version ourselves.

You can help us to achieve that. Share this campaign on your blog or social network, show it to your friends, or file a Better Business Bureau complaint. Let's grab Motorola's attention!

Reactions: ccrows and wwcjr91

Cheeseman-

Sep 27, 2008
Toronto, Ontatio
There needs to be a YouTube video on that main page with a good background info on the story and negative rant against Motorola and Google for their part. Not only will it make the website more "alive" with actual human depth, but the video can also be seen on YouTube and shared. Who knows, maybe it will lead to more people posting videos and voicing their opinions. The negative publicity might force Motorola to take action.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts