How to Re-stock P1000 to Gingebread 2.3 | Guide with Links

Search This thread

oOoHELAoOo

Nov 15, 2012
Quezon City
www.facebook.com
NOTE : this is not my own procedure but i just wanna share this with you guys since some tab users here are having problems restocking their tab to gingerbread, i have also added some notes and troubleshooting in case there will be an issue flashing the rom
link to the original post credits of course to the writer > how to restock p1000 to gingerbread 2.3
btw, this is a complete and full tutorial/step-by-step guide on how to restock gingerbread rom, so if you did not download all requirements, restocking wont be successful

my story and experience : hey guys, yesterday night, i softbricked my galaxy tab p1000 which was running cm9, it turned out like that when i went to recovery and wipe all data, cache, dalvik, even system, and boot. i tried reflashing the cm9.zip but as it was installing its update, my tab suddenly boot into battery icon, meaning it was already empty (maybe, dont have any idea), then, since it was already 12 midnight, there were no internet cafes open in our village, so i went out though somehow it might be dangerous for me, then, i found an internet cafe open. i rent a pc, first, i tried to go to download mode, so some drivers will be installed, but it kept showing "unkown device recognized" bla bla.. still.. i didnt lose hope. so i searched on google, and i found this site > http://suzhipackz.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-re-stock-samsung-galaxy-tab.html , when i finished downloading odin, i opened it to check whether it will read my device or not, first three attempts, it did not. so, i thought of downloading samsung kies so the drivers will be installed (safest way really to install samsung drivers), then i still looked for a smaller file (while waiting for kies to complete its download), then i found that there is a smaller zip file for you to install samsung drivers (see attachment below), i installed it, but still odin cant detect my device (try it, might be just on the pc i rented), so i just waited for kies to complete.. after a couple of minutes, successfully downloaded kies, and installed it. i tried connecting tab to pc with odin opened, i rebooted to download mode again and reconnect tab to pc, and voila! odin read my device! so, since pc has already detected my device, i just waited about 1 1/2 hours for the rom and the pit file and the db data file.... after almost 2 and half hours of crossing fingers, i have revived my tab and restocked it to gingebread 2.3! :)

HOW TO RESTOCK SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB p1000 to 2.3.3 GINGER BREAD STOCK ROM?
HERE:
- ALL REQUIREMENTS
.......Samsung KIES > LINK FOR SAMSUNG KIES
.......ODIN3 v1.7 > LINK FOR ODIN3 v1.7
.......p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjpz < THIS IS STOCK ROM > LINK FOR STOCK ROM
.......gt-p1000_mr_PIT > LINK FOR PIT
.......dbdata.zip > LINK FOR DBDATA
.......place it all in ONE FOLDER in desktop "unzip it all"
PLEASE DOWNLOAD ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE..............

PROCEDURE:
.......Turn off tab
.......open ODIN3 v1.7
.......click on the PDA and select - p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjpz in your computer
.......clink on the PIT and select - gt-p1000_mr_PIT
.......Check only RE-PARTITION, "uncheck auto reboot and f.reset time"
.......in your tab press and hold "VOLUME DOWN AND POWER BUTTON"
.......if DOWNLOADING APPEAR leave it like that
.......now, connect you tab in computer
.......if ODIN detects your phone PRESS START in ODIN
.......wait for it until success, after that disconnect your tab
(if for an instance it stuck on downloading mode but you have already finished flashing, do not worry, you just have to manually hold the power button for it to boot up, it might get into recovery, so please reboot the system (it might also be a touch recovery so please tab the home touch key to continue) then if it keeps on booting on "samsung", do not worry, you are not done yet with the restocking procedure, so please proceed to the next step)
.......press and hold power button until it will turn off
.......open ODIN3 v1.7 again
.......UNCHECK it all "re-partition, auto reboot, f.reset time"
.......click on the PDA and select dbdata.zip
.......press and hold "VOLUME DOWN AND POWER BUTTON" again
.......now, connect your tab again
(again, if it is stuck on downloading mode but you have successfully done the flashing, hold power key to turn the tab on, and if it keeps on booting to "samsung" again, do the next step)
.......This time we will go to CLOCKWORKMOD by holding "VOLUME UP and POWER BUTTON"
(then wipe data, and wipe cache, (volume keys to scroll up or down, and home touch key to select) and reboot system, wait for a minute or two and home screen will now appear)
.........................................NOW YOUR IN STOCK ROM AGAIN 2.3.3 GINGER BREAD

another note : when there is an error for example that flashed on your tab screen like a color red "E:\ " something like that, do not worry, it is the external sd card (i dont have one so it was an error then but not a problem, no worries) just let it be, wait until it finishes

some files are already attached below coz they are just small in size

clicking "thanks" button is enough for me..
just sharing this with you guys...
happy restocking!! :laugh:

Attachments

• dbdata.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 11,621
  • gt-p1000_mr_PIT.zip
    577 bytes · Views: 12,882
  • Samsung_P1000_USB_Drivers.rar
    5.1 MB · Views: 16,679
  • hc130537803795.jpg
    hc130537803795.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,662
Last edited:

Eisenherzele

Aug 30, 2020
Update Prob

I want get full file samsung tab p1000. For flash my tab.. Tq

Hi Guys is crashed my tab.

i get it functional with the stock rom 2.3.6
P1000XXJPZ

Kernel 2.6.35.7
root@DELL140#2

Build gingerbread.XWJQ8

i wantetd to Flash to a newer rom but noting worked any ideas?
I modified a couple years ago the tab to include the sd space as System space. I do Not rember how i did this....?
If i get throught the stock partion all would be find but i couldn´t.

Regular mod Installation doesnt work, rooting also isn´t possible ...

readin with Heimdall shows this message
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

I hope you guys have any ideas.

Greets

Last edited:

LeMasoud

Feb 18, 2014
Stock Rom's Link doesn't work

So, I tried your recipe and it worked pretty well for me, but the annoying thing about it was the links to the Stock Rom, so i got the below link as a mirror for those who are interested.;)
p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjpz < THIS IS STOCK ROM >h-t-t-p-:-/-/-f-i-l-e-s-c-r-o-p-t-u-b-e-.-c-o-m/file/7806957-p1000xxjq1-rar

Nano Member

Mar 19, 2014
Couldn't find the given URL

So, I tried your recipe and it worked pretty well for me, but the annoying thing about it was the links to the Stock Rom, so i got the below link as a mirror for those who are interested.;)
p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjpz < THIS IS STOCK ROM >h-t-t-p-:-/-/-f-i-l-e-s-c-r-o-p-t-u-b-e-.-c-o-m/file/7806957-p1000xxjq1-rar

I couldn't locate the file.

rockz1991

Feb 4, 2013
I just flashed my tab stock 2.3.6 from cm11 using odin. But stuck in bootloop. After going to recovery i get error message (red) as in pic. Where did i go wrong?
ef034942bea269f28abfb2feb147d2f4.jpg

LaZiODROID

Feb 6, 2011
Toronto
Reactions: mphatso and mirza82

black_blob

Feb 23, 2015
Paris

I think that there was a couple of kernel and Android security flaws in Linux 2.6, not fixed by Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd..

PolaritySwitch

Jul 6, 2012
Coimbatore
Samsung Tab P1000 stuck in nowhere!

First of all thanks the OP for the brilliant post on how to re-stock GB on P1000.

Earlier today I was fooling around with my P1000 to update it from CM11 to Omnirom 5.0.2, troubles started there. I was trying to install the TWRP recovery over CWM, and that is when all hell broke loose.

1. P1000 couldn't mount my internal SD. The tab was perfectly booting to a previous version of JB CM sapir, which I don't have any clue appeared where from. The storage showed the 2 GB internal memory, but the 12GB internal SD was missing out.

And the CWM errors were E:/can't mound internal SD

2. Now, after wiping data, dalvik, battery stats, formatting and all that, the tab doesn't even boot into the OS. The moment the power button is on, CWM initiates a count down saying, trying to mount SD, but unable to do so. After 20 seconds, the tab starts this whole process again, and thus a loop.

3. I tried to re-stock to GB; but my tab isn't being detected by Odin in download mode. Odin detects the tab when it is turned on and when the tab is on countdown-restart-countdown loop; but not in download mode.

I am a total noob, and I don't want to throw my tab away as I am a student and can't afford to get a new one :( Someone please help me to fix the issue. Thanks in advance!

black_blob

Feb 23, 2015
Paris
First of all thanks the OP for the brilliant post on how to re-stock GB on P1000.

Earlier today I was fooling around with my P1000 to update it from CM11 to Omnirom 5.0.2, troubles started there. I was trying to install the TWRP recovery over CWM, and that is when all hell broke loose.

1. P1000 couldn't mount my internal SD. The tab was perfectly booting to a previous version of JB CM sapir, which I don't have any clue appeared where from. The storage showed the 2 GB internal memory, but the 12GB internal SD was missing out.

And the CWM errors were E:/can't mound internal SD

2. Now, after wiping data, dalvik, battery stats, formatting and all that, the tab doesn't even boot into the OS. The moment the power button is on, CWM initiates a count down saying, trying to mount SD, but unable to do so. After 20 seconds, the tab starts this whole process again, and thus a loop.

3. I tried to re-stock to GB; but my tab isn't being detected by Odin in download mode. Odin detects the tab when it is turned on and when the tab is on countdown-restart-countdown loop; but not in download mode.

I am a total noob, and I don't want to throw my tab away as I am a student and can't afford to get a new one :( Someone please help me to fix the issue. Thanks in advance!
Can you flash at least the PIT in countdown mode(after you flashed the PIT, it goes to download mode)

PolaritySwitch

Jul 6, 2012
Coimbatore
Can you flash at least the PIT in countdown mode(after you flashed the PIT, it goes to download mode)

Can you try booting the Vol- or the Vol+ button until you see the flashscreen?
Weird.(and making the tablet unbrickable needs a mod which I hope that you don't do)

Well yes, Vol+ takes me to CWM recovery and Vol- takes me to download mode. Odin detects my Tab on CWM; I tried flashing the PIT which resulted in a failure. And on the download mode as I mentioned earlier, Odin doesn't detect my Tab :(

Well, I am all ears about the mod you're mentioning about, but let's just hope for now that I don't need that :D

black_blob

Feb 23, 2015
Paris

Cereal_

Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for sharing this method. I quiet had a problem with the drivers and the link for them isn't available but I got a way to fix it. Thanks anyways. :)

briann31

Oct 2, 2015
Can you guys help me out with my p1000 tab too its bootlooped its in a stock recover and unrooted . I tried wiping data but nothing happens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE : this is not my own procedure but i just wanna share this with you guys since some tab users here are having problems restocking their tab to gingerbread, i have also added some notes and troubleshooting in case there will be an issue flashing the rom
    link to the original post credits of course to the writer > how to restock p1000 to gingerbread 2.3
    btw, this is a complete and full tutorial/step-by-step guide on how to restock gingerbread rom, so if you did not download all requirements, restocking wont be successful

my story and experience : hey guys, yesterday night, i softbricked my galaxy tab p1000 which was running cm9, it turned out like that when i went to recovery and wipe all data, cache, dalvik, even system, and boot. i tried reflashing the cm9.zip but as it was installing its update, my tab suddenly boot into battery icon, meaning it was already empty (maybe, dont have any idea), then, since it was already 12 midnight, there were no internet cafes open in our village, so i went out though somehow it might be dangerous for me, then, i found an internet cafe open. i rent a pc, first, i tried to go to download mode, so some drivers will be installed, but it kept showing "unkown device recognized" bla bla.. still.. i didnt lose hope. so i searched on google, and i found this site > http://suzhipackz.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-to-re-stock-samsung-galaxy-tab.html , when i finished downloading odin, i opened it to check whether it will read my device or not, first three attempts, it did not. so, i thought of downloading samsung kies so the drivers will be installed (safest way really to install samsung drivers), then i still looked for a smaller file (while waiting for kies to complete its download), then i found that there is a smaller zip file for you to install samsung drivers (see attachment below), i installed it, but still odin cant detect my device (try it, might be just on the pc i rented), so i just waited for kies to complete.. after a couple of minutes, successfully downloaded kies, and installed it. i tried connecting tab to pc with odin opened, i rebooted to download mode again and reconnect tab to pc, and voila! odin read my device! so, since pc has already detected my device, i just waited about 1 1/2 hours for the rom and the pit file and the db data file.... after almost 2 and half hours of crossing fingers, i have revived my tab and restocked it to gingebread 2.3! :)

HOW TO RESTOCK SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB p1000 to 2.3.3 GINGER BREAD STOCK ROM?
    HERE:
    - ALL REQUIREMENTS
    .......Samsung KIES > LINK FOR SAMSUNG KIES
    .......ODIN3 v1.7 > LINK FOR ODIN3 v1.7
    .......p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjpz < THIS IS STOCK ROM > LINK FOR STOCK ROM
    .......gt-p1000_mr_PIT > LINK FOR PIT
    .......dbdata.zip > LINK FOR DBDATA
    .......place it all in ONE FOLDER in desktop "unzip it all"
    PLEASE DOWNLOAD ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE..............

PROCEDURE:
    .......Turn off tab
    .......open ODIN3 v1.7
    .......click on the PDA and select - p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjq1_p1000xxjpz in your computer
    .......clink on the PIT and select - gt-p1000_mr_PIT
    .......Check only RE-PARTITION, "uncheck auto reboot and f.reset time"
    .......in your tab press and hold "VOLUME DOWN AND POWER BUTTON"
    .......now, connect you tab in computer
    (if for an instance it stuck on downloading mode but you have already finished flashing, do not worry, you just have to manually hold the power button for it to boot up, it might get into recovery, so please reboot the system (it might also be a touch recovery so please tab the home touch key to continue) then if it keeps on booting on "samsung", do not worry, you are not done yet with the restocking procedure, so please proceed to the next step)
    .......press and hold power button until it will turn off
    .......open ODIN3 v1.7 again
    .......UNCHECK it all "re-partition, auto reboot, f.reset time"
    .......click on the PDA and select dbdata.zip
    .......press and hold "VOLUME DOWN AND POWER BUTTON" again
    .......now, connect your tab again
    (again, if it is stuck on downloading mode but you have successfully done the flashing, hold power key to turn the tab on, and if it keeps on booting to "samsung" again, do the next step)
    .......This time we will go to CLOCKWORKMOD by holding "VOLUME UP and POWER BUTTON"
    (then wipe data, and wipe cache, (volume keys to scroll up or down, and home touch key to select) and reboot system, wait for a minute or two and home screen will now appear)
    .........................................NOW YOUR IN STOCK ROM AGAIN 2.3.3 GINGER BREAD

another note : when there is an error for example that flashed on your tab screen like a color red "E:\ " something like that, do not worry, it is the external sd card (i dont have one so it was an error then but not a problem, no worries) just let it be, wait until it finishes

some files are already attached below coz they are just small in size

clicking "thanks" button is enough for me..
    just sharing this with you guys...
    happy restocking!! :laugh:
    http://www.4shared.com/get/B-DeOju6/P1000XXJQ1.html here you go its a miracle what using google could do using the right search methods if you would thanks i would really apreciete it guys and gals.
    Thank you for this and sorry for reviving an old thread. It sucks when links go dead (or offer that sketchy ilivid crap). Here is a mirror:

Mirror for samsung galaxy tab P1000 stock odin TAR: stock-P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME.tar

https://mega.co.nz/#!7wohlbKT!i3K7lvIfombRdJEzUUP-fiIZQS1qeStOr16tty-T86w

And a mirror to download ODIN 3 v 1.85: odin3-v1.85.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!W553iL7B!vZTVktUwwg35a_glWGgBEaIDg11JVgkvFZ94mpzECas
    I've made video How to re-stock P1000 to 2.3.3:
    https://youtu.be/W__B8RJzO3A