[UPDATE-3][ROM][4.2] KitKat for Optimus One

Search This thread

Notonlyeyes

Mar 19, 2012
The first one is implemented in the second. Patches are coming soon. Patches are even smaller flashable zips to be flashed after the current update. No need to download updates anymore. ;)

Sent from a device running KitKat ;)

Hello rhar****
Why do I get a red screen instead of platlogo.png?

...thanks by noe

Attachments

• platlogo.png
    platlogo.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,173
Last edited:

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
Hello rhar****
Why do I get a red screen instead of platlogo.png?
attachment.php

...thanks by noe

Have you seen the platlogo of KitKat?
It is that image you posted on that red background. I have ported it but doesn't work (a minor bug). Instead of the platlogo, a black cursor comes. That's Android's default cursor. It'll be fixed soon :D

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
The first one is implemented in the second. Patches are coming soon. Patches are even smaller flashable zips to be flashed after the current update. No need to download updates anymore. ;)

Nice to see someone going this route instead of requiring whole new ROM flashes for every little change! Hats off.

Possible to make small update.zip that the job from recovery menu.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
See portal. There is a newer Velvet, this designed to work on JB as well!

Problem sideloading any of these, keep getting:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE]

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
If you have the apk, try making it system app

Pushing it right now. Leaves me with 1.1 meg free. I have run successfully with 3 meg there. I have symlinked the lib!

Are all those wallpapers there? I'll trim it as they are most gosh-awful (my taste).

I have ALWAYS used this as a user app and had 3.0.7 user app but had to restore my phone and lost it. Titanium chugs and chugs and I do not get it restored. The launcher is user-installed

EDIT: After using it as a system app, I can "upgrade" as a user app! Link2sd treatment, remove the system app, clean up loose ends.

Note that this launcher version may lose sdcard-placed app icons on reboot. This is a timing issue, a holy pain. Vire Launcher has/had this problem as well, worked better with 4.3 because sdcard is mounted sooner. Wondering about a workaround for JB ROMs for which the 3.8 version is designed to work..

Last edited:

rushtosrini

Jan 4, 2010
unable to go to recovery mode

could you please telle me how to go to recovery mode

pressing power+Volume down+home button only reset to factory settings

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
QUOTE=rushtosrini;47648195]could you please telle me how to go to recovery mode

pressing power+Volume down+home button only reset to factory settings[/QUOTE]

Using adb: adb reboot recovery

Otherwise, first get to developer options, check advanced power menu. You might have to tap seven times if you have not touched this before :)
Then pressing the power switch will offer the choice if you are lucky.

rushtosrini

Jan 4, 2010
Hi Dovidhalevi,

first I Install rom manager and installed recovery and then installed this rom. Everything went fine. but now after 15 minutes still it is booting still the animation goes on (all four colors become one white) how long i should wait? can i restart?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

am waiting in the first boot. on the first page he said it takes time as much as 10 minutes, but now it seems 20 minutes still in the boot animation. what should i do?

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

am waiting in the first boot. on the first page he said it takes time as much as 10 minutes, but now it seems 20 minutes still in the boot animation. what should i do?

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Dovidhalevi,

first I Install rom manager and installed recovery and then installed this rom. Everything went fine. but now after 15 minutes still it is booting still the animation goes on (all four colors become one white) how long i should wait? can i restart?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Number Uno: I hope you have a backup so you can go back to recovery (if you have the animation, adb will work) and get your phone back.
ALL of these times are too long! Ten minutes is too long.

What did you wipe before the flash? I generally stay off this but all disagree. Dalvik Cache should be wiped but some int2sd scripts will put you in a boot loop if not correctly supported.

First thing (this is a cm-10.1.5) is, as before TRIM the ROM and TRIM the gapps. Rashuld's are the smallest and work just fine. Nothing on the few 4.4-oriented files should kill you. However, if you have cm-10.1.5 or other ROM working without them, take those files and install as USER APPS. Not enough room on system in many cases. Get the 3.1.8 GoogleSearch and sideload it. Install the gmscore upgrade. You no longer need the jni.so lib file. Install the launcher as a user app. First time you hit "home," maybe on first boot up, you will be asked which launcher. Choose "launcher" or "google," whatever the choice is and try it out. You can make it the default if you like it later on. I use homeflip which lets me try launchers ad nauseum. I found, however, that GoogleSearch will FC immediately unless using google's launcher (which is actually part of the new GoogleSearch apk!).

I am running such a config now over cm-10.2. Google Now works. Only offline voice recognition will not work and hitting the GoogleSearch mic icon will FC it. With the launcher, it comes right back :)

rushtosrini

Jan 4, 2010
Dear Dovidhalevi,
Thanks you so much for your kind help. I hard reset the phone. - went through recovery wipe the phone to factory reset and wipe the cache. Then installed the rom. Now everything is working fine. thanks for the help :)

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Dear Dovidhalevi,
Thanks you so much for your kind help. I hard reset the phone. - went through recovery wipe the phone to factory reset and wipe the cache. Then installed the rom. Now everything is working fine. thanks for the help :)

There are few issues i noticed. am not able to see 3G settings Is there any problem in this mod?

rushtosrini

Jan 4, 2010
"To get better UI and UX, change the density from 160 to 145"

How to do this? is there a safe way to do it? which tool i should use to get this?

regarding google apps should i install gapps or can i directly install from the market?

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai

How to do this? is there a safe way to do it? which tool i should use to get this?

regarding google apps should i install gapps or can i directly install from the market?

Install apps directly from play store as there's really less space on system.

And for d density, I'll upload a zip file soon ;)

Reactions: rushtosrini

alanjolly123

May 6, 2013

You can use lcd density modder apk.You can change the density using it.
Just google it and you will find it...

Hit thanks if i helped you...!!:good::good:

rushtosrini

Jan 4, 2010
Did you use LCD density modder on optimus one? Because some said when we restart the system it will go blank.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Note my phone is running out of internal storage. How to extend the internal storage? I mean how to install the apps by default on the external memory? Or is there a way to convert the sdcard as internal storage?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dpACRxt.png

KitKat for Optimus One P500!
    I am not kidding. KitKat is optimized for devices with 512mb of RAM.

But wait! This is not Android 4.4. This is Android 4.2.2 (CM10.1.5 with HALO))) ) with KitKat experience!
    Almost like KitKat.

Features:
    • Android 4.4 KitKat experience
    • CM10.1.5 with HALO)))
    • KitKat Play Store
    • KitKat Play Services
    • KitKat Home (trimmed)
    • KitKat Google Now (trimmed)
    • etc, etc...

Whats Working:
    • Everything in CM10.1.5
    • HALO)))
    • Google apps
    • Everything else

Bugs:
    • WiFi Battery drain (kernel 3+ problem)
    • Google Now sometimes force closes on search
    • Google Now Voice Search gives FC (will be fixed soon :) )
    • PlatLogo gives a FC. Will be fixed in next update.
    • All ARMv7 features (Gesture typing in stock keyboard, Voice recognition, PhotoSphere, etc..

Screenhots:
    Google Now:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Home:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Tips:
    • To enable Google now in home screen, go to home, settings and turn on Google Now
    • To get better UI and UX, change the density from 160 to 145.
    • To see Android version as 4.4 in About phone, change the Android version in build.prop to 4.4.
    • To get better Ui and UX with updated Android version, do both the steps.
    *To get back original values, revert the changes.

Downloads:

Base ROM

Installation:
    • Download the Zip and place it in your SD card
    • Reboot into recovery
    • Wipe everything (Not necessary for CM10.1.5 or 10.1.6 but recommended)
    • Then flash the zip in your SD card
    • After it is completed, reboot it (First boot can take a bit of time, as long as 10 mins. So have patience)
    • Enjoy! :D
    Updates, Changelogs and Patches

Updates:
    Don't need to flash the whole ROM again. Just flash the latest Update though recovery.
    • Update 1
    • Update 2
    • Update 3
      (Some users have reported a bootloop after installing this update. Be sure to make a nandroid backup before installing this update.)
      EDIT: Refer this.

Changelog:
    • Update 1
      • Added gradient statusbar
      • Added gradient Navigation Bar
      • Partially ported KitKat Platform Logo
    • Update 2
      • Fixed Platform Logo issue (Used to Force Close)
    • Update 3
      • Added KitKat clock
      • Changed some visuals
      • Added many tweaks and scripts for smoother and lag-free experiance
      • build.prop tweaks for performance and quality
        (NOTE: Density and android version will revert back to orignal.)

Coming up next:
    • KitKat gradient Statusbar(In Update 1)
    • Google Now fix
    • KitKat camera (trimmed)

New screen by NotOnlyEyes
    What are these updates for? And thanks for the rom :)

Adding the changelog. Juat a minute