[MOD] [APK] SplitWindow MOD Maker for G2 stock [KK] roms

Search This thread

GrAndAG

Jan 5, 2011
Moscow [Russia]
Based on [MOD] [GUIDE] SplitWindow for G2 stock KK roms thread. And post #60 in particular.

I would like to introduce SplitWindow MOD Maker application [APK]

Since now, the PC is not needed anymore to create the mod for your device. All necessary tools are included into the APK and can be executed on the phone. All tasks (disassembling / patching / assembling / making installer / odexing) are automatically done by single click.

I have to mention once more that the MOD itself is not mine, I've made just automated installer. So give the credits to xdabbeb (see the thread mentioned above).

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Requirements:
  • ROOTed device.
  • Custom recovery installed.
  • Time (about 15 minutes).
  • Backup of /system partition.

How to apply the MOD:
  • Install the APK attached below.
  • Run it.
  • Press the button [Create MOD] and go have a cup of coffee/tea. The process could take a lot of time. On PC it takes seconds, but on the phone it executes for minutes. For me it took about 10-12 minutes to complete.
  • After APK finished, you need to install created MOD via custom recovery. You can press [Reboot to Recovery] right inside the application to reboot the device into recovery mode.
  • Do not forget to make backup of /system partition when recovery is loaded.
  • Choose "Install" and select one of file located in /sdcard/SplitWindowMOD folder (with GPro2 or G3 theme accordingly).
  • Reboot in normal mode, open Settings->Multitasking and enable new functionality. Then long-press "Back" button and you've done. (If there is no Multitasking settings, anyway try to press and hold "Back" button. Maybe it will work without the settings.)

Some comments:
If you already have SplitWindow installed (previously created by this APK or elsewhere), DO NOT try to recreate the MOD by this application (or at least do not install the result). It will produce unpredictable result and the secondary installation could lead to bootloop. Use the APK on clean system (without SplitWindow functionality) ONLY.
If you successfully installed the MOD, just keep the MOD files (/sdcard/SplitWindowMOD/*.zip) in case you want to restore system from backup in install them again. You do not need to recreate these files each time. Therefore, the APK itself can be uninstalled.

Special credits to:

Attachments

• SplitWindowMODMaker.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 13,023
  • Screenshot_2014-07-16-19-42-00_.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-16-19-42-00_.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 54,358
  • Screenshot_2014-07-17-02-46-05_.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-17-02-46-05_.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 53,927
  • Screenshot_2014-07-17-11-02-51_.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-17-11-02-51_.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 53,991
  • Screenshot_2014-07-17-11-01-34_.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-17-11-01-34_.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 52,618
Last edited:

SYNYST3R1

Apr 25, 2012
There is no multitasking in settings. Is there a way to remove the apps that you don't really use? Reboot to recovery also doesn't work and says "no such tool", I have to do it manually through power options. When I ran the apk a second time and didn't delete the previous splitwindowmod folder I got stuck in a boot loop, just a warning for anyone who wants to try multiple times. I think all is good now though, works great!

Last edited:

GrAndAG

Jan 5, 2011
Moscow [Russia]
There is no multitasking in settings. Is there a way to remove the apps that you don't really use? Reboot to recovery also doesn't work and says "no such tool", I have to do it manually through power options. When I ran the apk a second time and didn't delete the previous splitwindowmod folder I got stuck in a boot loop, just a warning for anyone who wants to try multiple times. I think all is good now though, works great!
If no Multitasking option is appear in settings after full installation of this mod and you successfully booted. you are lucky. :) Maybe your ROM is not compatible for this MOD.
There is no such way to remove the MOD from system except to restore from backup. But if the MOD actually works and not needed anymore, just switch its functionality off in the settings.
If the button [Reboot to Recovery] does not work, that's mean there is no command 'reboot' in the system. Strange, mine device does have such command.
SplitWindowMOD folder can be not deleted (it contains only 2 resulted files after each successful run of [Create MOD] action) between multiple tries to create the MOD. But yes, you should use the application ONLY BEFORE the MOD is actually installed. Otherwise, the resulted files are unpredictable and after installing such files bootloop is the most likely what you will get. (Added this notice into the first post)
After installation of MOD and if the MOD works well, you can uninstall the APK, it's not needed anymore, Just keep the resulted files from /sdcard/SplitWindowMOD folder in case if you want to reinstall this mod on clean (restored from backup) system. (Also added this notice into the first post)

P.S. I have no chance to check if this APK works on all LG G2 models, as I have only one of them - D802 20b CIS (it shown on screenshots).

Last edited:
Reactions: thenorm89

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
Just tried it. Took 16 minutes to complete for me. Works like a charm on the new 20F base. I also don't have the multitasking button. It just works by holding the back button

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

GrAndAG

Jan 5, 2011
Moscow [Russia]
I also don't have the multitasking button. It just works by holding the back button
Interesting... Is it actually depends on ROM whether Multitasking settings exist or not? I have no idea, as I only used the guide to implement automated MOD creation (via this application or by scrips in "guide" thread). Anyway, if it works without settings, you are welcome.

SYNYST3R1

Apr 25, 2012
I have vs980 with odexed malladus rom so it must not be fully compatible. What I meant by remove apps is can we remove apps that are in split window app selection that we won't ever use and remove duplicate apps or would that be in the settings?

Last edited:

GrAndAG

Jan 5, 2011
Moscow [Russia]
can we remove apps that are in split window app selection that we won't ever use and remove duplicate apps or would that be in the settings?
No. There is no such setting to adjust the list of apps shown in SplitWindow chooser.
But, if you change the property "persist.splitwindow.support_all=true" in /system/build.prop file to "false", the chooser should show only compatible applications (apps, that have appropriated flag in their manifest files). In anyway you can't customize the list by your own, AFAIK.

Last edited:

darabo

Feb 7, 2011
I followed the instructions and it appears to have installed fine however when holding the back button it says that there aren't enough apps to use dual mode.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to fix this?

ilie321

Feb 5, 2011
Works like charmed on my 802 20D stock. thanks to dev.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on [MOD] [GUIDE] SplitWindow for G2 stock KK roms thread. And post #60 in particular.

I would like to introduce SplitWindow MOD Maker application [APK]

Since now, the PC is not needed anymore to create the mod for your device. All necessary tools are included into the APK and can be executed on the phone. All tasks (disassembling / patching / assembling / making installer / odexing) are automatically done by single click.

I have to mention once more that the MOD itself is not mine, I've made just automated installer. So give the credits to xdabbeb (see the thread mentioned above).

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Requirements:
    • ROOTed device.
    • Custom recovery installed.
    • Time (about 15 minutes).
    • Backup of /system partition.

How to apply the MOD:
    • Install the APK attached below.
    • Run it.
    • Press the button [Create MOD] and go have a cup of coffee/tea. The process could take a lot of time. On PC it takes seconds, but on the phone it executes for minutes. For me it took about 10-12 minutes to complete.
    • After APK finished, you need to install created MOD via custom recovery. You can press [Reboot to Recovery] right inside the application to reboot the device into recovery mode.
    • Do not forget to make backup of /system partition when recovery is loaded.
    • Choose "Install" and select one of file located in /sdcard/SplitWindowMOD folder (with GPro2 or G3 theme accordingly).
    • Reboot in normal mode, open Settings->Multitasking and enable new functionality. Then long-press "Back" button and you've done. (If there is no Multitasking settings, anyway try to press and hold "Back" button. Maybe it will work without the settings.)

Some comments:
    If you already have SplitWindow installed (previously created by this APK or elsewhere), DO NOT try to recreate the MOD by this application (or at least do not install the result). It will produce unpredictable result and the secondary installation could lead to bootloop. Use the APK on clean system (without SplitWindow functionality) ONLY.
    If you successfully installed the MOD, just keep the MOD files (/sdcard/SplitWindowMOD/*.zip) in case you want to restore system from backup in install them again. You do not need to recreate these files each time. Therefore, the APK itself can be uninstalled.

Special credits to:
    Nice work m8. Glad someone else is developing apk's for our G2 :)

Instead of "reboot to recovery" you might add "Install" and then it reboots to recovery and automatically installs the mod.
    @rootlinux
    I too have this issue. Created the mod. Installed. Went to recovery selected g3. Installed. Rebooted. Worked perfectly. However I noticed my phone deleted g2 tweaksbox. And was working way to fast. So I went back to recovery and wiped dalvik and cache three times. System went back to normal speed without battery drain. However mine is saying not enough apps to launch split window

Edit

Reflashed. All is well. Still notice my battery dropping a bit faster than normal anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    My problem was my own fault.
    I flashed the wrong mod for my rom after going into recovery. Flashed the correct mod and it works perfectly. Works the same as Optimus or Cloudy G3 roms.
    whats the purpose of backing up the system partition?
    Because the MOD modifies files only on this particular partition. If you have any issues after installing the MOD, or you want to remove the MOD - just restore system partition (no user data will be affected or rolled back).
    Will this work on the og pro?

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

I can confirm it works!

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app