[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
I need it for s8530, nbates need it for s8500, doesn't matter which one you try. If anyone of us see kernel booting without JTAG that would be big "WOW" ^^

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
That would be the best. I thought you didnt want to release it yet, but of course if you can, please do it. Thanks.

charsi

Aug 15, 2010
Vancouver
@sabianadmin
If you are talking about the files attached to the first post then i think thats the compiled kernel. Rebellos, nbates are looking for the sourcecode(should be many times the size of the files you are talking about) so that they can modify and compile it according to their needs. I could be wrong tho.

Reactions: Rebellos

smokestack76

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 18, 2008
Clinton Indiana
Ok guys i give up. Any of you with curse words in your post or non english will be dealt with by XDA terms. That means the rules we have. And alot of you are breaking them. I kept silent because it was new. But gloves off now.. you all have 24 hourz to comply.

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
kudos oleg.

to those who wish to compile the kernel to run on their wave, do so only if you know what your doing, if not, please do NOT attempt to flash it to your phone as you would any other android phone, that could endup with a bricked phone.

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
I'm total nutshell in compiling kernel, gotta get results in like week or more probably. ^^

My first question is: how to force kernel to compile with correct video driver? Is it included in package? (S8530 in my case)

Last edited:

milli133

Apr 18, 2011
Graz
I'm total nutshell in compiling kernel, gotta get results in like week or more probably. ^^

My first question is: how to force kernel to compile with correct video driver? Is it included in package? (S8530 in my case)

As Yoda would say to you: "Much to learn, you still have." You will get it.

Sent from my P990 using XDA App

oleg_k

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2005
Moscow

Rebellos,
this kernel don't have video driver for S8530.
Only for S8500. Later post it.

Reactions: Rebellos

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Rebellos,
this kernel don't have video driver for S8530.
Only for S8500. Later post it.

Thank you, and if booted on S8500. What should be the screen output? Initializing it as black and some texts or logo?

omaritu, thats the build HOWTO by samsung included to I9000 GB kernel, I believe it doesn't differs alot from compiling kernel that oleg made.
Remember to change compiling tools prefix in Makefile.
HOW TO BUILD KERNEL 2.6.35 FOR GT-I9000

1. Visit http://www.codesourcery.com/, download and install Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-68 toolchain for ARM EABI.

2. Extract kernel source and move into the top directory.

3. Execute 'make aries_eur_defconfig'.

4. Execute 'make' or 'make -j<n>' where '<n>' is the number of multiple jobs to be invoked simultaneously.

5. If the kernel is built successfully, you will find following files from the top directory:
arch/arm/boot/zImage
crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
drivers/net/wireless/bcm4329/dhd.ko
drivers/misc/vibetonz/vibrator.ko
drivers/misc/fm_si4709/Si4709_driver.ko
drivers/bluetooth/bthid/bthid.ko

Of course if you see something what should be different, Oleg, we all will be happy if you post it. :D

Last edited:

oleg_k

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
@oleg_k how can we compile the kernel using the ubuntu terminal????
however thanks for all your hard work
HOW TO BUILD KERNEL 2.6.32 FOR S8500

1. Visit http://www.codesourcery.com/, download and install Sourcery G++ Lite 2010-50 toolchain for ARM GNU LINUX.

2. Extract kernel source and move into the top directory.

3. Open 'Makefile' in the top directory and modify the value of following CROSS_COMPILE to a proper one regarding the path where toolchain is installed.
CROSS_COMPILE ?= ~/Codesourcery/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

4. Execute 'make s8500_defconfig'.

5. Execute 'make' or 'make -j<n>' where '<n>' is the number of multiple jobs to be invoked simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts